Lamia's FE4 stuff

Lamia

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Blunderpuggs said:

Only 15exp? That seems rather too little for what the staff does. :/ (a proper neat accomplishment, nonetheless :o)

staff experience in FE4 is tied to some kind of ratio of uses:gold value as you've sorta guessed, and since it costs 0 in my project (thus making it unrepairable) it will only give the minimum amount of exp

Edited by Lamia

21 hours ago, Lamia said:

I added a small thing to my module package, included is a patch (and accompanying new nightmare module) to extend the amount of weapons that can get the holy weapon flash in battle

the patch can be applied to a headered ROM and I'm quite sure it doesn't matter if you're using a translation or not, as it only overwrites the codes used for the data itself, and in turn is made more efficient, allowing up to 35 entries

on a side note, managed to accomplish this with some notes

Hide contents

Great to see you still going with this Lamia looking forward to this hacks completion so can play full. Each time this gets even better adding the Again Staff was a shock great to see classic items that haven`t returned to the series get some love.

As for the holy weapon flash thing glad you added more entries needed that I haven`t hacked in a long while but this is another touch my project needed. Now I can add the flash to the fake holy weapons so they flash like the actual ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to make an gay for fe4, and it's... kind of worked? I mean, I swap a man and a woman's unit number, and those swapped units can build love points and become lovers with members of the same sex. But, depending on who I swap, the love values go out of wack. For example, if I switch Ayra and Jamke, once Jamke is recruited he's immediately in love with Dew. Things like that. I assume this has to do with recruitment order (switching Aideen and Dew doesn't have problems) and it's fixable by reassigning some pointers, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Also, for inheritance it... kind of works? Any of the m/m won't have inheritance (for example, for the Jamke/Ayra swap Ayra's kid won't be born) But it does work for the f/f pairing, sort of. If I pair Ayra with, say, Aideen, Aideen's kids will be born, but the game will count Jamke as their dad. I wonder if I can do this better. I have been using that rom map from twilkitri's data but I was wondering if there was a more complete rom map out there, or if anyone knew more of the addresses used for romance or inheritance.

7 hours ago, camelpimp said:

I've been trying to make an gay for fe4, and it's... kind of worked? I mean, I swap a man and a woman's unit number, and those swapped units can build love points and become lovers with members of the same sex. But, depending on who I swap, the love values go out of wack. For example, if I switch Ayra and Jamke, once Jamke is recruited he's immediately in love with Dew. Things like that. I assume this has to do with recruitment order (switching Aideen and Dew doesn't have problems) and it's fixable by reassigning some pointers, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Also, for inheritance it... kind of works? Any of the m/m won't have inheritance (for example, for the Jamke/Ayra swap Ayra's kid won't be born) But it does work for the f/f pairing, sort of. If I pair Ayra with, say, Aideen, Aideen's kids will be born, but the game will count Jamke as their dad. I wonder if I can do this better. I have been using that rom map from twilkitri's data but I was wondering if there was a more complete rom map out there, or if anyone knew more of the addresses used for romance or inheritance.

Nice try there.

I'm planning to make the Kapathogia army an army of gays in my hack, like the historic Spartans.

Hey Lamia  I downloaded your holy weapon flash editor the new one and well it gives me that error again saying that dropbox elements could not be loaded :( and I don`t know what to do and to slap more on top of that.

After all the stuff you taught me Lamia I kinda lost touch a bit it`s been quite awhile since I messed around with my FE4 project so I am quite very much rusty at this Thanks in advance and so sorry I lost so much.  luckily there isn`t much more I want to mod in my thing just the weapon flashes and I think might be pretty much done unless you come along with yet another awesome mod thing.

Oh I do have another question how do you modify the title screen? Even though I won`t be doing that because at my current level and knowledge that is way above me but I am curious.

16 hours ago, camelpimp said:

stuff gets jumbled up probably because of how the game differs males and females and children... I'm sure there are lists somewhere you can play around with maybe? but I never bothered to mess with that stuff

6 hours ago, Naglfar94 said:

Hey Lamia  I downloaded your holy weapon flash editor the new one and well it gives me that error again saying that dropbox elements could not be loaded :( and I don`t know what to do and to slap more on top of that.

make sure to download the original nightmare module package and then take my package and overwrite the original's folders

6 hours ago, Naglfar94 said:

Oh I do have another question how do you modify the title screen? Even though I won`t be doing that because at my current level and knowledge that is way above me but I am curious.

it's just a matter of modifying graphics and having the addresses, but I'm unsure how to modify the tile array to make it look better (like in the newest translation)

Edited by Lamia

Huh? download the original nightmare package? Ah where do I find it? Are you talking about your old modules? if so I already tried overwriting those ones the lorenanightmare one. is that what you mean? Your early modules? I don`t get it as it still gives me same error. I likely have the wrong nightmare set.

15 hours ago, Naglfar94 said:

Huh? download the original nightmare package? Ah where do I find it? Are you talking about your old modules? if so I already tried overwriting those ones the lorenanightmare one. is that what you mean? Your early modules? I don`t get it as it still gives me same error. I likely have the wrong nightmare set.

Thanks Lamia finally got it to work. So that is what you meant by original nightmare package I thought you meant something totally different so now I was able to use your new modules. Thank you so much! for all your help.

• 3 months later...

Apologies for the bump, but I can confirm that the critical display ips patch still makes so that Wrath does not work: I sadly learned it the hard way...

It would be nice if you could fix that for good eventually, but since you apparently forgot what you did to arrange it, I won't pry :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2017 at 4:14 PM, OliKad said:

Apologies for the bump, but I can confirm that the critical display ips patch still makes so that Wrath does not work: I sadly learned it the hard way...

It would be nice if you could fix that for good eventually, but since you apparently forgot what you did to arrange it, I won't pry :P

yeah sorry about that, I MIGHT be able to figure it out again if you really want it

Edited by Lamia

11 hours ago, Lamia said:

yeah sorry about that, I MIGHT be able to figure it out again if you really want it

Only do it if you are bored and have nothing to do. It's a cute feature, but nothing that is NECESSARY to the game

Just now, blazingcrest76 said:

I cant access the nightmare module. It says something about me having to buy an app from the windows store. How do i get around this?

Are you sure that you are opening them within the Nightmare program, and not as standalone apps?

nightmare is a pretty old program. it may be a problem with whatever windows you're using, so see what changing its compatibility does?

it sounds like a generic windows problem, maybe google can get you some answers

Edited by Lamia

3 hours ago, OliKad said:

Only do it if you are bored and have nothing to do. It's a cute feature, but nothing that is NECESSARY to the game

alright I think I fixed it and updated my binary tools zip accordingly

just for the record, wrath's effect on the display will make it display 100 critical ONLY if the first attack in battle by the unit is a wrath critical. if they miss their first attack but wrath is still in effect it won't display 100

I think they were trying to make it so that it DOESN'T affect the CRT display but broke something in the process (or maybe I didn't read the readme properly, whatever!)

Edited by Lamia

I did not really expect that, so... thank you very much! ^^

Also, I know that you answered that kind of question before, but I have trouble opening your Nightmare modules on the original Nightmare program. You did say that they were an extention of the original modules, but I am not really sure how to make them work like that. Would you mind giving me help on this?

Edited by OliKad

On 8/27/2017 at 1:46 AM, OliKad said:

I did not really expect that, so... thank you very much! ^^

Also, I know that you answered that kind of question before, but I have trouble opening your Nightmare modules on the original Nightmare program. You did say that they were an extention of the original modules, but I am not really sure how to make them work like that. Would you mind giving me help on this?

you're supposed to fully overwrite the original module pack (link provided in the first post)

• 1 month later...

Hi one again Lamia. This time, I have a problem with the Map Editor. 
I am trying to subtly change some FE4 maps to make them more streamlined (as ib

n, adding paths into big forests, removing bushes to traverse terrain faster, stuff like that) which means that there is no drastic changes to the maps whatsoever. However, even when I do the whole process of compressing the maps with the encoder program, there's still 1 or two semi-rows or garbage left at the bottom of the map - but most importantly, I noticed that the Arena in Chapter 1 simply doesn't work anymore, at all. Black screen. Nothing. Do you have any clues about why this could have happened?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 12:40 AM, OliKad said:

Hi one again Lamia. This time, I have a problem with the Map Editor. 
I am trying to subtly change some FE4 maps to make them more streamlined (as ib

n, adding paths into big forests, removing bushes to traverse terrain faster, stuff like that) which means that there is no drastic changes to the maps whatsoever. However, even when I do the whole process of compressing the maps with the encoder program, there's still 1 or two semi-rows or garbage left at the bottom of the map - but most importantly, I noticed that the Arena in Chapter 1 simply doesn't work anymore, at all. Black screen. Nothing. Do you have any clues about why this could have happened?

make sure you don't change any of the settings on insertion unless you know what you're doing, and also you have to make sure the map you're inserting isn't larger than the original allotted space

as for the arena thing, sounds like the arena data for at least the chapter got messed up (you can re-check units inside with the arena editors)

• 1 month later...

Two Class Editors aren't working out for me. (Battle Sprite Position 2, Shield Sprite) All the txt files from both Lamia's have been patched onto the general modules. Project Naga, Headered, SMC, if that matters.

Also, I wondered why half of the stat buff combinations in the Ring Editor were missing. I checked, and while there were still only 65 out of 128 combinations, I found Spd, Mov and Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Res, Mov, but did not find Str, Mag, Spd, Def or Skl, Spd, Def, Res. A lot of the code also gave different stat boosts when I checked. Again, same rom if any of the prior information makes a difference. I have the full lists of new ring skills up here. If anyone should feel compelled to check them on a different rom, delete the parenthetical bit and replace the Fe4 Ring Bonuses.txt file in Item Editors.

Fe4 Ring Bonuses (New by Code).txt

Fe4 Ring Bonuses (New by Skill).txt

it's not too surprising that the translation team would have moved a bunch of stuff around, messing up some nightmare modules

also I never fooled around with the ring editor stat boosts, the thing about putting multiple stat boosts on one item is that the boosts don't stack so it's kind of overdoing it if you make a bunch of multiple-stat rings