Lamia's FE4 stuff

Lamia

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize to butt in, but I think this may be the most appropriate place to put this currently. I have encountered a bit of a bug in the second generation. Leif seems to have low HP growth. Their growths *should be* above 100% (I have rechecked inheritance formulas to be sure) yet they constantly miss getting HP on level ups. At first I thought to check to make sure it didn't overflow, the growth was nowhere near 255%, but I thought *maybe* the game did that at 128 like some (despite the fact FE4 doesn't have negative growths), but then remembered in the base game you can have growths higher than that. So I have no idea what the cause may be. This is not the arena bug, it's happening on the main map.

For an example, using the growths in my patch (different from base game). Ethlyn has 70% HP, Quan has 100% HP, minor Baldo and Noba give 10% each, therefor Leif should have 140% HP growth. And as stated before, he's missing HP on level ups. Anyone have any ideas? Can you run our of RNs on the main map like in the arena?

EDIT: Ignore this I figured out the issue when I looked at the memory, seems if base growth (no holy blood factored in) exceeds 128 it resets. Leif had 7% HP growth because he should of had 135% (135-128=7). I was thrown off because I was using Ethlin's base for him when I calculated it (Altenna gets the major Noba so I just assumed she got Quans growths as well without thinking). Edited out the Nanna part since it was just the RNG screwing around, kind of odd she missed HP 8 times in a row with 95% growth.

Edited by Camus The Dark Knight
Solved

• 5 months later...

Does some one now how the 'Item sort by name' sorts the items? I changed a few name, so the sorting is messed up. It's just a minor problem, but I really like to get it fixed.

Also, is it known where the tileset for tge hily blood wheel is stored at? Nöjrun is a lot longer than Noba

Edited by Sephie-chan

Hopefully this thread still active... I just finished playing Genealogy of the holy war and was able to change certain portraits in the game. Now I'm trying to do the same with Thracia 776 but it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to.. I'm able to change the portrait and the sprite of the characters while they are on the map but when it comes to their dialogue, their portrait stays the same so I kind of find it pointless. In FE4, when I changed the portrait, their portrait even changed during their dialogue and during the world map. Anybody know how I can change their dialogue portrait in Thracia 776, I would really appreciate it, maybe I'm missing something here.... 

Edited by ChosenSeed

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 9:00 PM, ChosenSeed said:

Hopefully this thread still active... I just finished playing Genealogy of the holy war and was able to change certain portraits in the game. Now I'm trying to do the same with Thracia 776 but it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to.. I'm able to change the portrait and the sprite of the characters while they are on the map but when it comes to their dialogue, their portrait stays the same so I kind of find it pointless. In FE4, when I changed the portrait, their portrait even changed during their dialogue and during the world map. Anybody know how I can change their dialogue portrait in Thracia 776, I would really appreciate it, maybe I'm missing something here.... 

isn't this unrelated to FE4? maybe you should make your own topic or find a thracia one in the future

in any case, it's likely you didn't change the same portraits as referenced by the dialogue script

On 1/24/2020 at 11:22 PM, Sephie-chan said:

Does some one now how the 'Item sort by name' sorts the items? I changed a few name, so the sorting is messed up. It's just a minor problem, but I really like to get it fixed.

Also, is it known where the tileset for tge hily blood wheel is stored at? Nöjrun is a lot longer than Noba

item list sorting by name just sorts by japanese symbols... obviously since the translations mucks with that it won't work properly, and it seems meaningless to devote time to adjusting it

haven't discovered the location of those tiles yet

• 1 month later...

Random question out of nowhere. Does anyone have an event offset list? Particularly ones that generate stats or items, I mean the player weapon ID itself, for example Arvis giving Sigurd item 1C (I forget what it is, but it's irrelevant to the point) instead of 0A (the first silver sword), though event data in general is welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

You can find it and many other hacking info in this uploader,

https://ux.getuploader.com/FEkaizouwww

I believe you want this file specifically,

FE4 ツール、資料系.zip

Here is the map editor from that archive (download is only valid for 14 days), but I included two missing dll files. If that concerns you, grab it from the original source above.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ejmikom76j91j51/FE4MAPv8.rar/file

Hope this helps.

Edited by Celice

On 3/21/2020 at 9:11 AM, Camus The Dark Knight said:

Random question out of nowhere. Does anyone have an event offset list? Particularly ones that generate stats or items, I mean the player weapon ID itself, for example Arvis giving Sigurd item 1C (I forget what it is, but it's irrelevant to the point) instead of 0A (the first silver sword), though event data in general is welcome.

Try searching 4A57 0100 0A for silver sword event

go to 0xFEABF for the event list

read https://darktwilkitri.thegreatbeyond.net/fehack/scripting/events.txt for some event code

Edited by Tetragrammaton

Hey, @Lamia! I'm trying to download your Nightmare modules, but the link doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not sure if dropbox links expire of what the cause is. If possible, would you be able to update the link? I need a way to edit hair colors for a project that needs to be done ASAP, and yours is the only tool I've found that will do that. Of course, I understand if you don't have time or if it would be too big a bother for you in these stressful times. Just wanted to ask just in case!

Thank you for your time! ❤️

fug, sorry folks, dropbox only retains data for a certain time. I updated the links to use my google drive, so they should be good for the foreseeable future

On 3/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, Camus The Dark Knight said:

here's a segment from my disorderly notes about character-related events

TALK EVENTS
4A68 or 4A69 or 4A6A? (seen so far)
4Axx #1 #2
first character byte only
i.e. 11 01 ethlin -> sigurd
defined at another place as two-byte i.e. 11 00 01 00
two-byte pairs enable the actual 'talk' selection, but must be defined in events to have a talk
special talk events like lover talks may use the high byte (00)

Boss talks - (Ch.1 > 6CBC6)
0D FF 00 00 #1 #1 FF FF #2 #2 32 EE PL PM PH 43 00
0D/0E = ??? difference?
00 00 = only displays this talk for a certain faction's phase (00 is player)
## = character, first is character for special talk, second is boss
31/32 = 32 talks on the map first, 31 is in-battle (changing may lead to crash)
EE = event number
P = pointer to conversation
43 = music used (for map talks only)

Give stats event (Ch.1 > 32FA93, cuan > fin)
45 18 DE 84 4A 70 #1 ST +X 4A 70 #1 ST +X 4A 70 #1 ST +X 42 #2 00 00 45 94 BD 91 FD

45 18 DE 84 = ???
4A 70 = give stats command
#1 = gives stat to character number (first byte only) (FF for dynamic character, town events)
ST = stat type, 00 - 07, stats in order of appearance on stat screen
+X = amount of stat to give, signed, displays only up to +9, cannot exceed caps
42 #2 = display stat-ups above character number (first byte only)
45 94 BD 91 = ???
display statups above dynamic character: located at A9 XX then A9 YY, town location

Add love points (Ch.1 > 32FAD2, aideen talks)
4A 60 FF FF MM MM LL 4A 68 MM MM
FF = female
MM = male
LL = amount of points
4A 68 = for single-use event, cancels conversation with other character?

6CAFC + 6CE61 aideen recruits jamuka

E97B3 events after mahnya's death
E980D andrei and army leaves the map

4A57 C# 00 II
character receives item
4A58 character receives item
+42 C# holy weapon glow?

4A49 prepare character for spawn?
4A50 show character C# C#
4A61 hide character C# C#

Hey, Lamia!

Just downloaded your FE4 binary tools! Looks like a lot of good stuff here! Unfortunately, it seems like all the data on the files have been garbled (even the readmes are just random characters thrown about everywhere). Even when I preview the files in 7z before unzipping, they're still a mess. Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Also, I've recently started hacking FE4 for some bizarre reason. I was wondering if you'd be willing to answer a couple questions? There's a few things I'd like to do that fall outside the scope of the Nightmare program, the first of which would be to:

1. Edit enemy stats. 

2. Extend the obtainable weapon tables so that I can include more copies of hand axes, Lightnings, etc. I've repointed tables in the GBA games the old fashioned way (hex editing) quite a while back. Is it a similar process to that, or is there a specific tool for it somewhere?

Thanks again!

Edited by D.K. Durand

1 hour ago, D.K. Durand said:

Hey, Lamia!

Just downloaded your FE4 binary tools! Looks like a lot of good stuff here! Unfortunately, it seems like all the data on the files have been garbled (even the readmes are just random characters thrown about everywhere). Even when I preview the files in 7z before unzipping, they're still a mess. Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Also, I've recently started hacking FE4 for some bizarre reason. I was wondering if you'd be willing to answer a couple questions? There's a few things I'd like to do that fall outside the scope of the Nightmare program, the first of which would be to:

1. Edit enemy stats. 

2. Extend the obtainable weapon tables so that I can include more copies of hand axes, Lightnings, etc. I've repointed tables in the GBA games the old fashioned way (hex editing) quite a while back. Is it a similar process to that, or is there a specific tool for it somewhere?

Thanks again!

You need to change the coding type of the text to fix that, when using notepad++ or some similar program.

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You need to change the coding type of the text to fix that, when using notepad++ or some similar program.

Ah, I see! That's definitely helped a bit! Thanks!

Also, not to spam posts, but does anyone have any tips for text editing in FE4? It seems like I'll have to learn how to do it the "hard" way through hex, but I don't have a clue on how to find the locations for each of the specific bits of text.

Also, I'm leery of going off of older posts' directions for where pointers are, because I'm using the Project Naga patch as a base, and I'm not sure if they ended up having to move things around. Would anyone be able to confirm this, please? 🙂

Edited by D.K. Durand

13 minutes ago, D.K. Durand said:

Also, not to spam posts, but does anyone have any tips for text editing in FE4? It seems like I'll have to learn how to do it the "hard" way through hex, but I don't have a clue on how to find the locations for each of the specific bits of text.

Also, I'm leery of going off of older posts' directions for where pointers are, because I'm using the Project Naga patch as a base, and I'm not sure if they ended up having to move things around. Would anyone be able to confirm this, please? 🙂

If you use Project Naga patch as base then you should ask the patch author. He would know more than anyone else.

Edited by Tetragrammaton

24 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

If you use Project Naga patch as base then you should ask the patch author. He would know more than anyone else.

Ok, I'll send him a quick message and see if he has a minute to spare. Much obliged!

Double posting because I'm a terrible person (and a few days have gone by).

So I'm currently combing this thread backwards trying to squeeze every last drop of info out of it that I can. Seems like adding entries to the item table is a bit of a no-go, but there are a couple unused slots that I can make use of, and I'll see if I can't move a few things around.

New questions regarding Battle sprite table that I'm sure has been already asked somewhere:

1. Seems that the nightmare table only has entries up to 0x66. I'd like to add new weapon choices to a variety of existing classes (Axes to Forests to make them true heros, etc) . Is it possible to extend this table? 

2. Also, while I'm at it, if I wanted to add entries for tome use to a physical class, could I just use the magic sword animations they have? (For instance, they raise their hand as if there was a sword there, but their hand is empty and magic animation plays.)

EDIT:

I mean, since I want to add a variety of weapon animations, I suppose I COULD just remove the master knight class (making Raquesis and Leaf Paladins for their promoted classes) and use that class's slots, but I'd prefer to just be able to add more.

Double EDIT:

And what about adding new text entries, like the names of new weapons, etc? Not talking about using the slots that are already there, but rather entirely new text slots. 

Edited by D.K. Durand

I asked this before but I figured this might be a better place to ask but does anyone know how to change the player coat of arms? I'm specifically looking to replace the player coat of arms with the Freege coat of arms. I noticed Genealogy of Tordo was able to do this but I could not figure out how.

House Freege Coat of arms.PNG

Freege Community.PNG

Us.PNG