Lamia's FE4 stuff

Lamia

yeah looks like just a random bug it's probably nothing, never seen that though, probably different OS than me (windows 8.1)

nightmare won't do anything unless you enter info properly, that thing won't do anything

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/08/2015 at 10:55 AM, Shin said:

I've got a workaround that would let Sigurd and Celice seize regardless of class, and also let sword skills be freely inherited. I'll see if I can go dig it up.

EDIT: At 7A975, there's inheritance addresses for each child, with three bytes in. They go in character order, so they'll be like XX YY ZZ, if YY's 07, the character can't inherit sword skills, if it's FF, they can.

EDIT2: Go to 05E63C: Change 22 2D A0 84 to 22 33 A3 84

Go to 05E641: Change 06 to 01
Go to 05E646: Change 2C to 19

This will let Sigurd and Celice seize based on their character ID rather than class.

On 10/09/2015 at 12:43 PM, Lamia said:

I'd like to mention that $7A975 is incorrect in a headered ROM, it's $79B75

yet the others are correct for headered? wot

So this is cool but how would I set it so other characters and classes have access to this 

On 2/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, TIN(TheInnocentNerd) said:

So this is cool but how would I set it so other characters and classes have access to this 

can't say, not familiar with the codes enough to make additional entries

• 5 months later...

All the holy blood bytes should be directly next to each other, in a group of four. Celice's second byte should be at 0x4856E.

• 4 weeks later...

Stupid question:
I changed Sylvia's class to Pegasus Knight and now the Ch. 4 village scene with her freezes the game. Is there any workaround to get the scene to play when she's a different class or is Dancer the only class that scene works with?

4 hours ago, BumroyV2 said:

Stupid question:
I changed Sylvia's class to Pegasus Knight and now the Ch. 4 village scene with her freezes the game. Is there any workaround to get the scene to play when she's a different class or is Dancer the only class that scene works with?

It freezes sometime with Dancer in the original game too.

https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/secret-events/

You should give the droppable sword to some boss if you want a workaround

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if the items 0x12 (a third steel blade) and 0x40 (a second iron axe) can actually be obtained? Or are they unused? Both the SF item locations page for FE4 and the corresponding page over at pegasusknight says there are only two obtainable steel blades and one iron axe.

Edit: While there are 140 used item slots (starting at 0x3F689 on a headered ROM, covering 0x8C bytes to end at Circlet), the Nightmare modules suggest there are a couple of bytes for unused items after that. A short test where I assigned them weapons for player use seemed to be fine, after using the weapons, saving, and doing a hard reset. However, are those actually unused player item slots? Or is that used for something else and shouldn't be modified?

Edit 2: Turns out item 0x2 Iron Sword (which has no listed location in the currently existing Nightmare modules) is assigned to Ethlyn in chapter 5, along with item 0x67, a Mend staff. Since Leif ends up getting that Iron Sword when he has nothing assigned to his starting inventory, it seems that the items added to Ethlyn get inherited by Leif, or attempts to be inherited and fails in the case of the Mend staff. Which is a good thing because 0x67 is assigned to Nanna.

Edited by Hozu

using the extra two item slots in the nightmare modules are fine, as are the two items that ended up unused in the data

in my testing and trying to find the sources of those items I just couldn't find them if I recall

in any case, all of the items can be toyed with pretty freely if you know what you're doing, what with starting equipment and events, though there are quirks when it comes to details like inheritance and droppables

Is there a way to reassign which holy blood comes from which byte that determines the blood? I've been helping someone test their FE4 randomizer, and there seems to be an issue where if a unit has a major blood, and a minor blood for the same weapon that comes from a later byte, the weapon rank gets set to A instead of *. In the original game, this affects the combinations of Major Baldur + Minor Odo, Major Baldur + Minor Hezul, and Major Odo + Minor Hezul. I believe the ideal solution would be to have one of the four bytes contain all three holy bloods for swords, similar to how the two lance bloods are able to escape this issue by coming from the same byte. Either that or modify the function that modifies the weapon ranks based off of holy bloods.

Of course, this probably requires more changes than that, like how the holy blood display is handled, re-assigning the weapons (I believe there's already a Nightmare module for this though), and maybe something else I'm not thinking of right now.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:14 AM, Hozu said:

Is there a way to reassign which holy blood comes from which byte that determines the blood? I've been helping someone test their FE4 randomizer, and there seems to be an issue where if a unit has a major blood, and a minor blood for the same weapon that comes from a later byte, the weapon rank gets set to A instead of *. In the original game, this affects the combinations of Major Baldur + Minor Odo, Major Baldur + Minor Hezul, and Major Odo + Minor Hezul. I believe the ideal solution would be to have one of the four bytes contain all three holy bloods for swords, similar to how the two lance bloods are able to escape this issue by coming from the same byte. Either that or modify the function that modifies the weapon ranks based off of holy bloods.

Of course, this probably requires more changes than that, like how the holy blood display is handled, re-assigning the weapons (I believe there's already a Nightmare module for this though), and maybe something else I'm not thinking of right now.

some screenshots, please.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Sephie-chan said:

Does anyone know how to change the stat texts of the level up screens? Haven't hacked FE4 for I while and it seems I can't find my notes for it anymore.

What do you mean by this, do you mean what it looks like or what it says?

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to run FE4map, I get 3 system errors that say "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR71.dll was not found", twice, and then "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP71.dll was not found".  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Edited by jakc404

I'm looking for a patch that counters weapon weight by half of a unit's Str but I can't find it. I know for sure that I used it a long time ago but I don't remember how I found it. Does anyone else have this or can at least confirm i'm not crazy and that it for sure exists somewhere? I know the patch is used in the FE4 Binary hack and a couple other old hacks.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question it just seemed like the most appropriate area to ask.

On 6/30/2019 at 7:05 PM, ExcoonHowl said:

I'm looking for a patch that counters weapon weight by half of a unit's Str but I can't find it. I know for sure that I used it a long time ago but I don't remember how I found it. Does anyone else have this or can at least confirm i'm not crazy and that it for sure exists somewhere? I know the patch is used in the FE4 Binary hack and a couple other old hacks.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question it just seemed like the most appropriate area to ask.

my additional tools post has what you're looking for (weaponweightpatches) be sure to read the topic thoroughly

On 6/12/2019 at 7:58 AM, Sephie-chan said:

Does anyone know how to change the stat texts of the level up screens? Haven't hacked FE4 for I while and it seems I can't find my notes for it anymore.

I think it might be at $001E83 (close by to the menu text) but it's compressed, so use the (de)compressor exes