If there was another game...

Saint

I was thinking to myself, if there was another game, who would be the ten awakening characters to appear as spotpass content? (Yes, I know another 3ds title may not happen, this is just pondering what-ifs)

Not sure if anyone else thinks of this stuff...

Probably Chrom, right?

And we could expect Lissa, too.

But it's not like Jagen was a spotpass character so I wondered about Frederick. Who does everyone else think?

If I were in charge, I'd pick these 10 characters: Chrom, Frederick, Ricken, Henry, Lucina, Sumia, Cynthia, Inigo, Olivia, Donnel.

A few of those might be wtf choices, but hey, if Brom and Moulder can make it in. 8U

I totally thought about this too XD

My guess, assuming there would only be ten...

Lissa (Cleric) - main character, pretty sure bet

Sumia (Pegasus Knight) - likely because at the end of the day she is the main character's canon love interest

Gaius (Thief) - guessing based on his popularity in Japan

Tharja (Dark Mage) - also basing on popularity

Morgan F (Mage or Tactician) - to represent the kids and Avatar, female just imo

Say'ri (Swordmaster) - story relevance

Aversa (Dark Flier) - story relevance, along with Validar present in both Plegia and Valm arcs

Validar (Sorcerer) - story relevance, as much as I may hate him

Lucina (Hero or Swordmaster) - clear choice, just not sure of the class

Chrom (Hero?) - duh, also unsure of the class

Edited by Owain Dark

I'd do two generations of characters, just like FE4. That way I don't have to choose between the Children and Parent characters.

I'm not sure who the villain for the Gen 2 group would be, though. Maybe...

...hmm. no idea.

Also, it'd be really cool, IMO, if they let you import entries from your FE13 Logbook. Especially for Avatars.

Hey, splitting it by Generation? Let's see...

Awakening Gen 1

Miriel

Lon'qu

Olivia

Donnel

Ricken

Henry

Frederick

Sumia

Chrom

Lucina

Awakening Gen 2

Morgan M

Morgan F (no reason not to include both)

Inigo

Cynthia

Severa

Brady

Laurent

Noire

Yarne

Nah

I suppose if we had to include villains, I'd prefer Gangrel and Aversa over Walmart and Validar. D:

I agree that there should be two generations of characters. I'd pick these guys.

Gen 1:

- Chrom

- Frederick

- Lissa

- Lon'qu

- Cordelia

- Say'ri

- Gaius

- Virion

- Validar

- Walhart

Gen 2:

- both Morgans

- Lucina

- Inigo

- Owain

- Gerome

- Yarne

- Nah

- Severa

- Kjelle

EDIT: Why are people still saying Sumia is Chrom's canon wife? There is nothing saying she is.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe if we based it on similarities to past spotpass characters (I'll base it on shadow dragon)

Chrom (Marth)

Sumia (Caeda)

Ricken (Merric)

Tiki (Tiki)

Miriel/Tharja (Linde)

Cherche (Minerva...?)

Lon'qu (Navarre)

Validar (Gharnef)

Emmeryn/Basilio/Flavia (Nyna)

I dunno who, maybe the Vaike? (Ogma)

There's only just above ten second gen characters, so if anything I only think Lucina would be on the spotpass team.

Edited by Saint

Two generations would be cool but I'd be sad for the kids that didn't make the cut :(

EDIT: Why are people still saying Sumia is Chrom's canon wife? There is nothing saying she is.

Because she's in the intro movie and the game developers clearly intended for her to be the one most players would pair Chrom with (introducing her as crushing on Chrom, making her have a second movie with Chrom, giving her very few support options especially considering Henry's join time...)

I don't think there's really enough people in the second gen for there to be an entirely separate one...

Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, Vaike, Basilio, Gaius, Cordelia, Say'ri, Gerome, Walhart

Because she's in the intro movie and the game developers clearly intended for her to be the one most players would pair Chrom with (introducing her as crushing on Chrom, making her have a second movie with Chrom, giving her very few support options especially considering Henry's join time...)

Still doesn't mean she's the canon option. Both her and Chrom still have other options for spouses. If they didn't, THEN they would be canon.

I don't think there's really enough people in the second gen for there to be an entirely separate one...

-snip-

That's the entire point. This way, I only have to choose my least favorite 3 children (there are 13, including Lucina), and that's much easier.

Goodbye Yarne, Laurent, and Brady. Never used you anyways :):

Maybe take out a fourth, if you want to include both Morgans. Or you could just make the card look really androgynous (not like that's too hard with Morgs) and give Morgan all classes, male and female :P:

2nd Gen (ordered by appearance in FoD):

- Cynthia

- Kjelle

- Noire

- Nah

- Inigo

- Owain

- Gerome

- Severa

- Morgan

- Lucina

As for 1st Gen:

- Lissa

- Kellam

- Henry

- Cherche

- Gregor

- Cordelia

- Panne

- Lon'qu

- Validar*

- Chrom

I don't care how (un)popular they are, this is my list.

*Actually, if Validar is 1st Gen, does that mean Avatar is 2nd, and Morgs is 3rd?

For the same reason most people claim Eliwood/Ninian is canon, despite the fact Eliwood can marry Fiora or Lyn. Clearly special scenes JUST for the main lord and another girl spell "canon" for some people, I think.

For the same reason most people claim Eliwood/Ninian is canon, despite the fact Eliwood can marry Fiora or Lyn. Clearly special scenes JUST for the main lord and another girl spell "canon" for some people, I think.

Well, that's them, I guess. As long as the lord has other options for wives or other possible endings where he isn't married, I don't consider any one of them to be absolutely canon.

Yeah, I never really understood why some are called canon when IS clearly allowed other options in any FE. They might push a certain pairing more or less, but at the end of the day, all of the possible pairings (or even none) are just as likely by simple virtue of the fact that they are possible to begin with.

Thank you, SilverLightning. My thoughts exactly. Besides, I have no idea why Chrom would choose an annoying and whiny klutz like Sumia. No wonder she has so few support options. Few men would really want her, yet she has a daughter, so SOMEONE's got to give in and knock her ass up.

Edited by Anacybele

Thank you, SilverLightning. My thoughts exactly. Besides, I have no idea why Chrom would choose an annoying and whiny klutz like Sumia. No wonder she has so few support options. Few men would really want her and she has a daughter, so SOMEONE's got to give in and knock her ass up.

Wow, can you maybe tone down your irrational hate for Sumia? ._. Of the 3 describers you used for Sumia, only "klutz" is correct. The "annoying" is a matter of opinion, but whiny is definitely wrong. Nothing about Sumia's character is whiny. What you percieve as her "whining" is actually called self-esteem and low-confidence issues. You must have no idea what it's like to have a friend like Sumia, or BE like Sumia, if you see her as whiny. Sumia has few support options because the game is pushing Chrom/Sumia so much. And don't forget your precious Freddy Bear can marry Sumia. I can't help but wonder if you hate on Sumia so much because one of Sumia's limited supports is Fred.

This isn't the place to derail the topic, but I am hoping we can debate this elsewhere. :/

Wow, can you maybe tone down your irrational hate for Sumia? ._. Of the 3 describers you used for Sumia, only "klutz" is correct. The "annoying" is a matter of opinion, but whiny is definitely wrong. Nothing about Sumia's character is whiny. What you percieve as her "whining" is actually called self-esteem and low-confidence issues. You must have no idea what it's like to have a friend like Sumia, or BE like Sumia, if you see her as whiny. Sumia has few support options because the game is pushing Chrom/Sumia so much. And don't forget your precious Freddy Bear can marry Sumia. I can't help but wonder if you hate on Sumia so much because one of Sumia's limited supports is Fred.

This isn't the place to derail the topic, but I am hoping we can debate this elsewhere. :/

Fine by me. I'll take it elsewhere.

Hm... I think they'd go with two generations. In that case:

Generation 1

-Chrom

-Lissa

-Virion

-Gaius

-Cordelia

-Nowi

-Sariya

-Henry

-Basilio

-Validar

Generation 2

-Lucina

-Owain

-Inigo

-Cynthia

-Gerome

-Severa

-Nah

-Yarne

-Morgan - M

-Morgan - F (The two Morgans would take the "villain" spot due to the ruined future DLC)

Edited by NeonZ