Roster Rescue Bug (this is the one with inigo)

luigi bros

This may be my system screwing up but I encountered a harmless, but irritating bug in Roster Rescue.

Every character I've used so far with dialogue (8?) has worked fine. Than there's Inigo.

When he speaks, his portrait comes up in the middle of the screen, with a black "fancy" box on the bottom of the screen with no text. The box is kind of like the one in the character ending. No text comes up, but when I press L it shows what he was supposed to say.

This happens with or without battle animations, and I've reset the game three times but it still happens.

This could happen with other characters but I've only seen it with Inigo right now.

Does anybody have a theory as to why this would happen?

Edited by Integrity

Does anybody have a theory as to why this would happen?

Obviously Inigo got involved with the female chapter designer and did something she didnt like.

Revenge

Welp, this sucks. I have no idea about the Roster Rescue, but I can confirm that I suffer from this bug with Basilio on Death's Embrace.

I have the North American physical cartridge, if that makes any difference. I bought it as part of the Challenge pack. I tried redownloading it, I played making sure not to skip anything, I had other characters attack before him, and tried having him attack first. Still no dialogue.

Still, it's good to know that the dialogue shows up with the L button - thank you luigi bros!

So, can I laugh like an elitist yet?

NoRosterRescuebuginJapaneseforAzureInigo

Azure [inigo]: Uuuhh.... I couldn't live with myself if someone were to see that stuff about me...

All of my embarrassing secrets... No...

If you really are going to expose my secrets, then I've got no choice but to defeat you here!

So yeah, my son is definitely NOT American.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So, can I laugh like an elitist yet?

NoRosterRescuebuginJapaneseforAzureInigo

Azure [inigo]: Uuuhh.... I couldn't live with myself if someone were to see that stuff about me...

All of my embarrassing secrets... No...

If you really are going to expose my secrets, then I've got no choice but to defeat you here!

So yeah, my son is definitely NOT American.

Well, atleast we have the weeb Japanese expert on the scene for our benefit. Thanks, pal.

Also, slightly on-topic, Roster Rescue is actually easier than Five-Anna Firefight, in my opinion.

Well, atleast we have the weeb Japanese expert on the scene for our benefit. Thanks, pal.

Also, slightly on-topic, Roster Rescue is actually easier than Five-Anna Firefight, in my opinion.

It was easier than the Five-Anna Firefight. There weren't any fliers that were out of reach for many units and you're not protecting anyone from death. xP Also, the Revenants don't move around a lot so it was also easy to get to them and kill them off.

Edit: Did I forget to mention that the Roster Rescue DLC map is not set in a volcanic area with hazardous tiles in many spaces? :D

Edited by Linkmstr

It was easier than the Five-Anna Firefight. There weren't any fliers that were out of reach for many units and you're not protecting anyone from death. xP Also, the Revenants don't move around a lot so it was also easy to get to them and kill them off.

Edit: Did I forget to mention that the Roster Rescue DLC map is not set in a volcanic area with hazardous tiles in many spaces? :D

Yeah, the main reason it was easier was because you didn't have to protect anyone. Even so, if there was a way to actually protect the Annas, I didn't have a clue about it. I just had my two greatest fliers rush the enemies I couldn't reach because once the reinforcements arrive, you're doomed.

Roster Rescue not only gave me a chance, but it was also pretty good for the music.

Although somewhat unrelated, there's a minor text bug in Harvest Scramble that causes a string of Nowi's text to appear before the previous string of text disappears in her second conversation with Tharja on the map.

Maybe Nintendo's not able to iron out all the bugs because of the fixed release times?

Although somewhat unrelated, there's a minor text bug in Harvest Scramble that causes a string of Nowi's text to appear before the previous string of text disappears in her second conversation with Tharja on the map.

Maybe Nintendo's not able to iron out all the bugs because of the fixed release times?

I encountered that as well. It also seems that the same glitch also exists in the 2nd KjellexSevera conversation as well.