My sprites!

Squidorsky

Lol, I feel bad for making a fuss over palettes. xD

But it does look better to me! I would make the lightest armour shade a bit darker, just to make the contrast less dramatic. I think the darkest shade is fine though (I don't think it's too big of a deal if one shade is darker than the outline, so long as it is not a lot darker. ie. pure black)

As for counting them, usenti is a good program to use, since it counts them for you. I manually count colours too but I always check with that to make sure, since I count wrong sometimes. :P

(And thanks! :^_^:)

Oh its totally fine! Its also rather helpful (figuring out what works and what doesnt ya know?)

Oh the contrast from the lightest shade the the second shade? like so?

Original Darker lightest shade

ishtarshading_zps091b6a8b.png

Alright im think shes finally good...(If nothing else for now...XD)

Yeah i use usenti...probably not as much as i should...but im just so used to counting them myself...(Only recently learned about usenti...)

Anyway with the dustclouds settling on Ishtar heres a portrait i made for DH ninja based on Morgana from League of legends! (Ive honestly never heard of it till he asked for a character from it...it looks interesting enough? Hope my lack of knowledge about the game didnt butcher her too much!)

morganacol_zps9fe9b96f.png

Edit: Well it sure is boooooring around here!

Edited by Eriad

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive my language but summer school blows! (Ive pretty much had my hands tied from spriting for a while) things finally slowed down enough to come back and check here again! XD

Anyway thanks everyone! As i said i've never heard of league of legends before but its good to hear i did a good job of adapting her (But then, i was using pics so its not like i was throwing knives in the dark...)

I guess as a representation of me securing my (brief) freedom from school, i made this! (Not a FE mug but still sprite art right? XD)

Kasumi_zps2da6630b.png

'Nother fighter sprite! ...in a sprite style instead of the 3d modelsin the actual fighting game (confusing yet? My stupid word choices probably arent helping)

So anyway, its Kasumi from the fighting game Dead or alive should anyone not know who she is. ( in her DOA 1-4 appearance, i was thinking of doing a different outfit for her DOA 5 appearance should i do it...)

Hope you all like!

Love the pose! The hands are so detailed I think the rest of her body could use some detail! Especially in the area of muscle tone... it looks like she's got some muscle to her, so I'd definitely reference some muscular women and give her some of that.

• 1 month later...

Right so this topic sorta died off didnt it...In my defense i had summer school to get out of the way. So with summer now in full swing, i'm thinking i'll have a more even flow of things! So with that i'd like to kick things off with a new sprite i made. (Totally randomly and pretty quickly made; its kind of a tribute to FE awakening making a dramatic comeback in my life (second playthrough and its even better than before!...Course that might be because i basically rebought it again...aka got all the dlc...))

Anyway here's Lucina! One of my (many) favorite characters in FEA! ...Um...Spoilers maybe, i guess? XD

Lucina_zps87dffcfd.png

Well...the sheer amount of blue on her original mug just about drove me insane trying to adapt...but i think i did decently if nothing else...Admittedly i shaded it sorta differently than other fe mugs...tried to make it look more like the awakening shading present on their portraits...

Hope ya like...and hopefully im not just talking to myself...XD

-Eriad

This seems really similar to something Duchess of Freege did. I'm not going to assume anything but it seems rather curious. :\

http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=3158&st=15

I think your insinuation is unfounded because if you actually took the time to look at it you'll find that there's no way in hell he plagiarized. They look similar in that they're of the same character.

Excellent work dude. I actually like yours more than the other one that was linked to.

their based from the same picture. there are bound to be similarities.

I think the hair shading is better on this one albeit the painful colors

still, good job.

whoa! those are similar! But i cant stress enough how i would NEVER plagiarize! It defies logic to plagiarize, as how would i get better? Plus as many of you have said, they are both based on the same character so of course they're going to look similar...otherwise neither of us would have done a very good job...XD And in any case, if you still don't believe me, hopefully the rest of this thread can stand as a testament to the fact i wouldn't need to or ever want to plagiarize, (not that my work is perfect, but i'd like to get it there and plagiarizing wont do that for me!). Though i feel like palettes will never be my forte...Maybe my subtitle for this thread should've been, "expect bad palettes" XD

Anyway, thanks for all the praise! Unfortunately i'm prepping to jump in a car for thirteen hours...o_O so don't expect much today....but well who knows? Maybe i'll make something on the trip? (In which case if it looks like three year old drew it, i suppose we'll know why? XD)

Later everyone,

-Eriad

Edited by Eriad

I think your insinuation is unfounded because if you actually took the time to look at it you'll find that there's no way in hell he plagiarized. They look similar in that they're of the same character.

Excellent work dude. I actually like yours more than the other one that was linked to.

I spent about half an hour looking between those. I also said I wasnt jumping to conclusions. Unless I find out it was plagiarism I'm going to assume it was a coincidence. I'm not talking about this anymore. Looks nice though. I also really like the Morgana one. ь Edited by Tchyrimi or halfrohp

Mystgun: Err edits? What kind?

Tchy...rim...TOH (Sue me thats hard to spell!): Again i cant stress enough that i would NEVER plagiarize and i have never plagiarized, as i would never want that to happen to me. Being that there are existing portraits to go off of it doesn't surprise me that many of them will look alike, (for example my tiki and mia portaits are based on their sprites from shadow dragon and fe10 respectively, as such some body elses sprites will probably look similar being that the same exact reference was used.) whereas characters like Ishtar and friends will almost always look different given that there really isnt a common in game sprite portrait reference to go off of (that anybody actually likes or wants to use as reference...). Is that clearer?

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, as i understand you've already dropped it, i'm just trying to say my peace with it. clear my name so to speak as being called out for plagiarism, even just the possibility of it when you know you did the work is a little saddening...

In any case as you said, lets put this behind us! Man, if i'd known this was gonna happen i'd have just sprited somebody else from the earlier games or something! XD

Anyway thanks for the compliments on morgana! I thought i did pretty well on her, especially for not even knowing the character until moments before spriting it! XD

No sprites here...i actually did try to sprite in the car...but my laptop's battery died pretty quickly...but i did do this while i was bored (12 hours in a car gets you to do really tedious things!)

photo_zps5a9c6f33.jpg

That counts as a sprite right? XD Jokes aside look forward to more!

I think the shading at the top of her hair is light as well as the scarf. There are also some spots on the nose bothering me.

I'll just list the changes when I'm done with em. :)