What should I do with my stuff animal?

Gold Vanguard

I never saw a point to getting rid of mine, I guess. Just one more thing for the shelves/whatever/memories. You could always pass it on to somebody, if the opportunity ever comes up.

Edited by Rehab

Keep him. I still have all of my stuffed animals, and I still collect them once in a blue moon. Hell, I even own a teddy bear that wears a sweater with my college's name and logo on it, and I keep him up here with me. I see no problem with it, and neither do my roommates. Nothing good can come from letting go of mementos of your past, no matter how childish it may seem. Deep down, it's things like this that keep us connected to our inner child, remind us not to lose who we truly are along the path of life. Just keep that in mind, Gold Vanguard (and anyone else who takes meaning from my words), and you'll be fine.

One day you may have a child of your own.

Keep your youth with you, and share it with the children. It helps build a more true and heartfelt connection with them.

Don't disregard and don't discard your past, especially the parts that carried you into the present.

Keep it for sure! hehe I actually consolidated all my stuffed animals and made an arrangement of them on the downstairs sofa, which I affectionately dub "The Animal Kingdom". It takes up half the full-length sofa, and I've arranged it so that each and every stuffed animal gets to show it's happy little face :lol:. Larger stuffed animals that I used to cuddle and sleep with are on the bottom and the small light ones on the top! It always makes me smile when I look at it.

Except when people come over at my house and they bring their little children who completely destroy the arrangement and toss my stuffed animals here there and everywhere.

You can never be too old to hold on to something so sentimentally valuable.

My boyfriend, in his mid-twenties, has said to me that he wishes he still had his apparently rather large collection of teddy bears from his childhood.

Not that he would do anything with them, but just to have, as like...memories and such.

So yeah, I would definitely keep it. -nods-

(Especially since it's just one stuffed animal, so it's not like it's going to take up a lot of space you may not have to spare or something.)

I still have (and sleep with, when my SO has to be out of town) my black stuffed dog I got when I was 3. Of course, in recent past he has helped me recover from a wrist injury, since I'd continually slow its healing by having it fold awkwardly under me when I'd toss and turn in my sleep. (Hugging it kept me from bending my wrist to the point it would end up folded underneath me)