SSBB Characters.

Weisspraline

Well, Brawl is so amazing, I thought I would make a topic devoted to all 35 of the wonderful Chars (Even R.O.B.!), so we could all get our nerd on and discuss and what not.

SO.

Who do you guys plan on using as your 'main' fighter? I'm thinking Lucas or Meta Knight right now, maybe Toon Link. I'm a big Ness fan, and Lucas seems like a pumped up version of Ness. His Snake...thing is better than a Yo-Yo and bat, and PK Freeze > PK Flash because Freezing will be very wonderful. And his PK Fire is to the side (The pillar, that is.), which I think will be very helpful.

And Meta Knight is cool because in addition to all of his original awesomeness, he can teleport with his Down B. Amazing, I say.

@Meteor: Click

Anyways, I'll mostly use Rob, Sonic, Ike, Marth, Mr. Game and Watch, the Ice Climbers, and Ness until the Meta Game decides who the worst 3 out of them is. I will then main those 3.

Being HardCore makes Melee boring, and it will do the same for Brawl. You can only play on one Effing stage for one, and for two you can't use items. (I'm exaggerating the first part, they play on tons of stage, but not all of them... those douches)

Wait a minute... aren't you supposed to be banned? Anyways, items are what makes it fun. Final smashes won't be in douche expert play, and that's very obvious. Only noobs don't play with items. In fact, on the dojo Sakurai said it himself: "REAL MEN USE ITEMS, NUBS" except not caps lock and no "nubs" there.

Coolguyvaters is a maniac, you shouldn't trust him, and, it looks like he has lazors from what I have seen on youtube.

Yes, coolguyvaters has lasers, not R.O.B.

a maniac huh? lasers on you tube, huh?

funny cuz i dont ever remember me posting a video at all on you tube....

please show me

I personally agree with Meteor, but whichever method of play one finds the most fun depends entirely on the player. I used to play a lot of StarCraft which, above the beginner and lower intermediate levels, requires very precise timing and a firm grasp of the game’s mechanics to play well. In this sense, the game is similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee. There is little in the way of a skill ceiling in both games and, in a match without random item drops (or ill balanced terrain features), the victor of a match will most often be the player with the best understanding of the game.

I recall a Super Smash Bros. Melee match against my sister in which we were forced into sudden death. My ultimately outmaneuvering her ended up being irrelevant because, while she spiraled into the distance, I was struck by a falling bomb, and knocked horizontally, to my demise. In competitive play, such an outcome to a fight is unfavorable because both sides will argue victory. If items are permitted throughout a match then a game between two evenly matched opponents can, and often will, depend on who was the most lucky with the items each player came across. If a player is victorious because he or she was fortunate enough to snag a heart container then it is very difficult to say definitively who was the superior player.

Because I prefer the feeling of accomplishment once feels after a well played and skillful match to the experience of chaotic play with a group of good friends, I find items unfavorable and approach the idea of final smashes in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with skepticism. I may end up choosing to play Brawl as I play Melee, one on one on a neutral stage. It will not inherently be less fun because I, and presumably Meteor, find intense balanced matches the most attractive way to play the game.

- - - - - - - - - -

Obviously, having not yet played the game.... I expect that I will first experiment with Marth, Ike, Pikachu, Sheik, and Pit. Marth is my primary character in Super Smash Bros. Melee but I occasionally use Pikachu (I know she is not a great character but I play her decently). I have a feeling that Ike will not end up as my primary character, because of his weight and slower attacks, but I am inclined to give him a chance. I do not use Sheik but I intend to give her another chance. I included Pit because, to me, he looks to be the most interesting new character.