SSBB Characters.

Weisspraline

I honestly prefer the small stages with no gimmicks or anything, and no items. It's best for having those hardcore matches that rely on your skill. Otherwise, it's all based on luck. Luck =/= Superiority.

In Brawl however, I will stay playing this way, except I'll turn on Smash Balls, nothing else. Smash Balls make people frantically fight for them, so it keeps that competitive sense, and if you're skilled enough to get your foe away from you and nab the Smash Ball, you deserve SOME sort of reward. A Final Smash fits that perfectly.

I enjoy using item switch to turn off items I don't like.

Items and stages are great. They make the game realllllly fun. I honestly don't care about the whole 'Luck ruins everything', because luck still factors in IMO. For example, you can have a small stage, no items, and then they smash attack you, and you're controler spazzes and the sheild button sticks, so they send you flying. Good luck for them, bad luck for you.

Besides, it's just not smash bros. without the quirky stages and items. :D

Haha, that's happened to me before. I was playing with my neighbor back in the day, and he always plays as Samus, so I started using chars that could reflect/absorb projectiles. I think I was playing as Mario or Zelda, and I tried to use the cape/nayru's love, and it didn't work, and I got pwned by a giant charged up blast of pwnage. Quite frustrating. D:

Haha, that's happened to me before. I was playing with my neighbor back in the day, and he always plays as Samus, so I started using chars that could reflect/absorb projectiles. I think I was playing as Mario or Zelda, and I tried to use the cape/nayru's love, and it didn't work, and I got pwned by a giant charged up blast of pwnage. Quite frustrating. D:<

Gotta love being a Marth main. <3 Can't get over it or by it, use counter to save your ass.

I'm in the same boat as Zanryu for this one, in Melee, I use only a few stages and absolutely no items, where as in Brawl, I'll probably retain my only a few stages side (well I'll play them all equally for the first few months), but I'm turning on Smash Balls

one argument for this is that, items add the same effect to everyone's movesets, meaning more lame same-ness, where as Final Smashes give everyone a different, additional move...

depending how annoying Final Smashes are, I might turn them off, but that's doubtful...