Skills and Final Class Suggestions for Optimal Uber Characters (ongoing project)

SYFEA82

So, I'm currently working on optimal skills to aim for in my next playthrough given this is my very first fire emblem (and first play through of this game) I wasn't really familiar with any of the mechanics whatsoever. Currently these are the two members I'm close to finishing with my choice of skillets:

Kjelle; Parents: Virion x Sully

Skillset: Hit Rate + 20, Aegis, Pavise, Luna and Dual Guard+

For Kjelle, I want to substitute out Hit Rate +20 for something (considering she is my defense powerhouse and overtook Kellam's role). As for a final class, after acquiring whatever skill is needed for the fifth slot should I leave her as a general or make her a great knight or paladin to give her better movement?

Gerome, Parents: Gregor x Cherche

Skillset: Strength +2, Breakers (Sword, Axe and Lance) and Sol.

For Gerome, I believe there's a better skill for Strength +2, maybe go into acquiring Armsthrift or Vantage to increase his offensive capabilities? While his final class, I guess leaning into the more traditional Wyvern Lord is the obvious choice... any alternatives?

Next I'm finishing up my Avatar, Chrom, Donnel, Lucina and Morgan.

Any helpful info is appreciated. Peace.

So, I'm currently working on optimal skills to aim for in my next playthrough given this is my very first fire emblem (and first play through of this game) I wasn't really familiar with any of the mechanics whatsoever. Currently these are the two members I'm close to finishing with my choice of skillets:

Kjelle; Parents: Virion x Sully

Skillset: Hit Rate + 20, Aegis, Pavise, Luna and Dual Guard+

For Kjelle, I want to substitute out Hit Rate +20 for something (considering she is my defense powerhouse and overtook Kellam's role). As for a final class, after acquiring whatever skill is needed for the fifth slot should I leave her as a general or make her a great knight or paladin to give her better movement?

Gerome, Parents: Gregor x Cherche

Skillset: Strength +2, Breakers (Sword, Axe and Lance) and Sol.

For Gerome, I believe there's a better skill for Strength +2, maybe go into acquiring Armsthrift or Vantage to increase his offensive capabilities? While his final class, I guess leaning into the more traditional Wyvern Lord is the obvious choice... any alternatives?

Next I'm finishing up my Avatar, Chrom, Donnel, Lucina and Morgan.

Any helpful info is appreciated. Peace.

For Gerome you are on the right track, acquire Lote's Shield if you have the DLC, if not go with Vantage, for him it will be very useful for Sol activation in the most dire time.

Edited by Azuren the Hero

Thanks Azuren.

I do have all the DLCs (thank god I didn't use the Iote's Shield) was really trying to figure out the purpose for it. Initially I interpreted it as a benefit for Pegasus Flyers but with your explanation I can see how it can also benefit Gerome WL.

What about Kjelle any thoughts on her?

Perhaps Swordfaire over hit+20, and have Kjelle acquire a Ragnell Levin Sword/Brave Sword. Though as a Def powerhouse, Ragnell would be best as 2 range and +5 def are nice.

Edited by Elieson

Perhaps Swordfaire over hit+20, and have Kjelle acquire a Ragnell Levin Sword/Brave Sword. Though as a Def powerhouse, Ragnell would be best as 2 range and +5 def are nice.

I never thought about it that way. I haven't grinded my chars. enough to the point of taking on Infinite Regalia flawlessly and acquiring all said legendary equips. I figured Severa would benefit over Swordfaire more than Kjelle. Thank you Elieson.

If you want to take account for other child, Cherche is better of with Fred, Stahl, or Henry

For your current set ups

AT, Sol, Deliverer, 2 Breaker, or 3 Breaker is fine

Generally, General Kjelle liked Vaike as a daddy

If you want to take account for other child, Cherche is better of with Fred, Stahl, or Henry

For your current set ups

AT, Sol, Deliverer, 2 Breaker, or 3 Breaker is fine

Generally, General Kjelle liked Vaike as a daddy

Yeah it wasn't until I first stumbled onto these forums (and other various FAQs) 2 months ago, that I realized certain pairings can affect stat growths for 2nd gen children. I just beat the game (before joining the forums, wish I was able to register beforehand). However I did do my fair share of grinding because that's how I play RPGs in the first place and that's how I decided to explore this a bit more.

For my second playthrough looks like I'll have to either pair cherche with fred or take more notice of stahl. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

Thanks Azuren.

I do have all the DLCs (thank god I didn't use the Iote's Shield) was really trying to figure out the purpose for it. Initially I interpreted it as a benefit for Pegasus Flyers but with your explanation I can see how it can also benefit Gerome WL.

What about Kjelle any thoughts on her?

BTW you can go with Breaker skills, because for example if a Wyvern Lord uses Lances and Axes, I'd say go Sword Breaker and Axe Breaker and instead of the third slot go with Armsthrift or Resistance +10 (magic units are going to be the bane of Gerome).....if only you can get your Gerome Tome breaker you would be fully geared...

Edited by Azuren the Hero

BTW you can go with Breaker skills, because for example if a Wyvern Lord uses Lances and Axes, I'd say go Sword Breaker and Axe Breaker and instead of the third slot go with Armsthrift or Resistance +10 (magic units are going to be the bane of Gerome).....if only you can get your Gerome Tome breaker you would be fully geared...

I know I was thinking about that with tome breaker. However that would mean I should have paired Cherche up with Henry (or Avatar; MyUnit). So, I guess learning Lancebreaker was a waste of time eh? Ahh, back to the drawing board...

So I decided with...

Gerome: All 3 Breakers (as mentioned before), Armsthrift and Iote's Shield

Kjelle: Everything the same except (I'll toggle between the effectiveness of Lethality and Vantage and decide after experimentation)

For my next set of Chars here's what I got:

Donnel: Zeal, Sol, Armsthrift, Aptitude and Underdog* (switch this for Wrath or Counter), final class would be hero?

Chrom: Rightful King, Dual Strike+, Aegis, Aether and Charm* (possibly switch this for Dual Guard+ or Limit Breaker) final class would be great lord?

Lucina: Dual Strike+, Aether, Galeforce, Charm* and Relief* (possibly switch both for Aegis or Dual Guard+ and Rightful King) final class would also be great lord?

Avatar: Rally Spectrum*( I alternate this with Soldarity or Veteran), Ignis, All Stats +2* (thinking of Vengeance, Lethality or Pass), Lifetaker and Astra final class would be grandmaster?

Morgan: Ignis, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Vantage and Relief* (considering to switch for All Stats +2, Lethality, Vengeance, Pass)

Any thoughts with these folks?

Edited by SYFEA82

So I decided with...

Gerome: All 3 Breakers (as mentioned before), Armsthrift and Iote's Shield

Kjelle: Everything the same except (I'll toggle between the effectiveness of Lethality and Vantage and decide after experimentation)

For my next set of Chars here's what I got:

Donnel: Zeal, Sol, Armsthrift, Aptitude and Underdog* (switch this for Wrath or Counter), final class would be hero?

Chrom: Rightful King, Dual Strike+, Aegis, Aether and Charm* (possibly switch this for Dual Guard+ or Limit Breaker) final class would be great lord?

Lucina: Dual Strike+, Aether, Galeforce, Charm* and Relief* (possibly switch both for Aegis or Dual Guard+ and Rightful King) final class would also be great lord?

Avatar: Rally Spectrum*( I alternate this with Soldarity or Veteran), Ignis, All Stats +2* (thinking of Vengeance, Lethality or Pass), Lifetaker and Astra final class would be grandmaster?

Morgan: Ignis, Galeforce, Armsthrift, Vantage and Relief* (considering to switch for All Stats +2, Lethality, Vengeance, Pass)

Any thoughts with these folks?

First order of business: Limit. Breaker. On. Everyone.

Donnel:

Zeal? Meh. Wrath and Counter aren't great either (even if you're running Wrath/Vantage/Vengeance, that's more for laughs than reliability). Do you have the DLC for (nevermind, you do) Limit Breaker (R&R3)? That's always a good choice...

Chrom:

Luna is something to consider, if you're running RK. And it looks like you do have the Limit Breaker DLC, so go with that, certainly. Dual Strike+ is nice, but not nearly as good as LB, IMO.

Lucina:

Who's the mother? If Sumia, consider Aegis + Pavise (actually, what difficulty are you on? You won't need them on Normal...). Relief is 'meh' as well; on Normal/Hard, chances are you won't need it, and on Lunatic/Luna+, trying to solo a group of enemies without a reliable way (more reliable than Aether) of healing during the Enemy Phase (Sol, Nosferatu/Aversa's Night) is suicide.

Rally Spectrum is good, but Avatar should be a murder machine, not a support unit using Rallies - Spotpass characters can do that just as well, and don't get combat bonuses from Support Ranks. Also, what gender? Because Dread Fighter is brilliant for males, and females, Galeforce is a very good option.

Lifetaker is an OK choice for Hard and Normal (maybe a good choice, I had it on Avatar for my Hard file and seldom got much use out of it), less so on Lunatic. Lifetaker + Galeforce is fun, though.

Morgan:

Same as with the Avatar. Unless you did something extra-special with regards to Avatar's marriage partner (Chrom, Chrom's kids, any Manakete/Taguel, *someone* who passes down Shadowgift or Conquest, etc.), Morgan should be able to do basically anything just as well as anything else.

You ought to say who Avatar married, and what difficulty you're on. On Lunatic, Sol is a great skill.

All Stats +2 <<<< Limit Breaker. Always, except during early training of units, before any re-classing.

Lethality <<< any other activation skill. Lethality is simply too unreliable.

EDIT: I see that Morgan is slated to have Galeforce and Avatar isn't. Can I assume that Morgan is female? Dread Fighter is a good choice for Avatar then, I personally swear by it.

Sorry for the wall of text. tl;dr:

Limit Breaker. Galeforce. Sol. ...Tell us what difficulty and which parents for the kids.

First order of business: Limit. Breaker. On. Everyone.

Donnel:

Zeal? Meh. Wrath and Counter aren't great either (even if you're running Wrath/Vantage/Vengeance, that's more for laughs than reliability). Do you have the DLC for (nevermind, you do) Limit Breaker (R&R3)? That's always a good choice...

Chrom:

Luna is something to consider, if you're running RK. And it looks like you do have the Limit Breaker DLC, so go with that, certainly. Dual Strike+ is nice, but not nearly as good as LB, IMO.

Lucina:

Who's the mother? If Sumia, consider Aegis + Pavise (actually, what difficulty are you on? You won't need them on Normal...). Relief is 'meh' as well; on Normal/Hard, chances are you won't need it, and on Lunatic/Luna+, trying to solo a group of enemies without a reliable way (more reliable than Aether) of healing during the Enemy Phase (Sol, Nosferatu/Aversa's Night) is suicide.

Rally Spectrum is good, but Avatar should be a murder machine, not a support unit using Rallies - Spotpass characters can do that just as well, and don't get combat bonuses from Support Ranks. Also, what gender? Because Dread Fighter is brilliant for males, and females, Galeforce is a very good option.

Lifetaker is an OK choice for Hard and Normal (maybe a good choice, I had it on Avatar for my Hard file and seldom got much use out of it), less so on Lunatic. Lifetaker + Galeforce is fun, though.

Morgan:

Same as with the Avatar. Unless you did something extra-special with regards to Avatar's marriage partner (Chrom, Chrom's kids, any Manakete/Taguel, *someone* who passes down Shadowgift or Conquest, etc.), Morgan should be able to do basically anything just as well as anything else.

You ought to say who Avatar married, and what difficulty you're on. On Lunatic, Sol is a great skill.

All Stats +2 <<<< Limit Breaker. Always, except during early training of units, before any re-classing.

Lethality <<< any other activation skill. Lethality is simply too unreliable.

EDIT: I see that Morgan is slated to have Galeforce and Avatar isn't. Can I assume that Morgan is female? Dread Fighter is a good choice for Avatar then, I personally swear by it.

Sorry for the wall of text. tl;dr:

Limit Breaker. Galeforce. Sol. ...Tell us what difficulty and which parents for the kids.

THANK. YOU. FOR. THE . HELPFUL. WALL. OF. TEXT.

No Sarcasm meant there just wanted to reiterate all the feedback, much thanks Euklyd.

I haven't beaten R&R3, I'm on Normal (I know I'm a n00b working up my FE expertise at this moment). Haven't grinded my characters properly so I'm getting owned by Lvl. 20 vengeance, breaker filled RD, PoD retro chars. like crazy -_-.

As for limit breaker, once I can beat it back to back I will add said dlc skill to their respective rosters once I can manage to optimize what I have now.

Donnel, I see I thought seeing as he has high luck and a decent RNG spree I figure to focus on crits. Perhaps I spoke to soon? Will definitely add LB to his skill set once I acquire it.

Chrom: I thought Aether is better considering its Sol + Luna combined in one skill? (correct me if im wrong)? So no, Dual Guard and I should just go for LB again once I grind my chars up.

Lucina: Parents are standard: chrom x sumia. I was considering doing Aegis + Pavise for Chrom and Lucina for future experimentation since it worked so well for Kjelle. Got it will keep it in mind after I beat hard and join the Lunatic club (hopefully in due time).

Avatar: He is male (its me in FE format). So if he were a killing machine should he be melee or magic or well-rounded?

Melee: I'm thinking, another Long'qu. Astra (or Lethality), Lifetaker, Swordsfaire (or Limit Breaker), Vantage (or Acrobat for increased movement), Solidarity (or Aggressor via DK DLC skill)?

Magic: He's pretty capable so... Lifetaker, Vengeance, Tomefaire (or Limit Breaker), Renewal (make him a tanky sort of mage), and Ignis?

Well-Rounded: Vengeance, Ignis, Limitbreaker, Astra and Renewal (or Lifetaker or Sol), you said killing machine? So kill, get life, rinse and repeat?

Morgan: Parents are: Me (Avatar) and Lissa, hence the Galeforce. Maybe a better choice would have been (Nowi or Cordelia) but eh, I figure marry myself into Ylisse family royalty (my choices were based on story interaction and personal preference considering it is walkthrough/playthrough 1).

Guess, I'll add Sol as a preferred skill instead of lethality considering a lot of folks feel the RNG trigger activision rate is much higher.

Maybe I'm just lucky or perhaps my Kellam is uber randomly lucky. Every time he faces off an opponent in the weapons triangle (regardless if it goes good or bad for him). He always gets first strike, lethality (or luna when chosen) becomes active 9/10 times and I have no problem using him as a focused choke point (helped me get through chapter 12 and above before I got children paralogues.

I'll get more dlc skills once my characters (and my skills) are a bit more competent. Thanks for reading (or if anyone had the time to). Keep up the feedback, gives me more variables to work with.

THANK. YOU. FOR. THE . HELPFUL. WALL. OF. TEXT.

No Sarcasm meant there just wanted to reiterate all the feedback, much thanks Euklyd.

Sure thing. :^_^: The Wall of Text seems to be my specialty; it's good to hear that it's useful. Here, have another:

Donnel, I see I thought seeing as he has high luck and a decent RNG spree I figure to focus on crits. Perhaps I spoke to soon? Will definitely add LB to his skill set once I acquire it.

What do you mean be "RNG spree"? Do you mean he's lucky (not the stat (Lck))? Because that sort of lucky streak will fail at the most inopportune moments. Crits are fun, if you're serious about crits, go for a forged Killing Edge/Killer Axe (45 crit).

Chrom: I thought Aether is better considering its Sol + Luna combined in one skill? (correct me if im wrong)? So no, Dual Guard and I should just go for LB again once I grind my chars up.

Lucina: Parents are standard: chrom x sumia. I was considering doing Aegis + Pavise for Chrom and Lucina for future experimentation since it worked so well for Kjelle. Got it will keep it in mind after I beat hard and join the Lunatic club (hopefully in due time).

Luna procs at twice the rate of Aether (Luna is Skill%, Aether is (Skill/2)%), and the game rolls for each separately (Aether has priority), so that's why I suggested Aether and Luna. If you're only gonna have one, go for Aether.

Also, I'm gonna point out that Chrom only has access to Aegis, not Pavise. If Lucina is Sumia's daughter, she gets both, but I'm pretty sure nobody else (besides FemAvatar) gives access to Pavise for Lucina.

Avatar: He is male (its me in FE format). So if he were a killing machine should he be melee or magic or well-rounded?

Melee: I'm thinking, another Long'qu. Astra (or Lethality), Lifetaker, Swordsfaire (or Limit Breaker), Vantage (or Acrobat for increased movement), Solidarity (or Aggressor via DK DLC skill)?

Magic: He's pretty capable so... Lifetaker, Vengeance, Tomefaire (or Limit Breaker), Renewal (make him a tanky sort of mage), and Ignis?

Well-Rounded: Vengeance, Ignis, Limitbreaker, Astra and Renewal (or Lifetaker or Sol), you said killing machine? So kill, get life, rinse and repeat?

First off: it is very hard to go wrong with Avatar.

My personal preference is a well-rounded Dread Fighter, simply because that lets me tank mages and hit for Str-based damage, while keeping a (relatively) high Mag stat for Levin Swords, and the option of using a Book of Naga (which gives +5 Def & +5 Res). So I can solo Risen Skirmishes on Lunatic (paired up with Lucina) as long as I have Sol.

Those all sound like reasonable sets, and remember - you can always grind LB3 with Paragon + Veteran equipped for a guaranteed 12 levels, so getting every single skill as an option is quite feasible.

You're not gonna be taking enough damage to make Vengeance more useful than a -faire skill (same for Vantage, actually), and on Normal, any of Lifetaker / Sol / Renewal should suffice for healing. My preference is Sol, for healing during the Enemy Phase, but it shouldn't matter on Normal.

While I personally use Aggressor, I shouldn't, simply because I can kill 3-5 enemies during the EP (when it's inactive) vs only one (or two, with Dancer) on my turn.

Note: while I swear by Dread Fighter Avatar, it is probably not the best choice, but it is very convenient.

Morgan: Parents are: Me (Avatar) and Lissa, hence the Galeforce. Maybe a better choice would have been (Nowi or Cordelia) but eh, I figure marry myself into Ylisse family royalty (my choices were based on story interaction and personal preference considering it is walkthrough/playthrough 1).

Guess, I'll add Sol as a preferred skill instead of lethality considering a lot of folks feel the RNG trigger activision rate is much higher.

Morgan is like a mini Avatar, only in our cases (Avatar (M)), Morgan (F) gets Galeforce. If you need damage, not healing (Sol won't add any damage) you could go with Astra, which procs at twice Lethality's rate. I suggested Galeforce + Lifetaker as a fun combo, simply because if you kill two enemies in a turn, you will have regained 100% health (if you weren't hit).

I need to say this

If you plan to min max your units, the most important is Skillsets, followed by speed.

You don't need any offensive boost at all

This is true. But on Normal, defensive skillsets aren't going to be nearly as important, Rallies are unnecessary (except for TSON, I think, maybe R&R), so the only place left to go is offense, or mobility (Acrobat / Deliverer / Mov +1 / Pass).

Defensive skillsets are still pretty nice on Normal. A couple evade skills stacked lets you basically solo Normal R&R3 just sucking down Elixirs, and with Normal's internal level cap you will go --/1 to 20/30 on just one run of it.

I'll try to tell you what I learned pretty quickly.

Don't grind too much on anything lower than lunatic (Or hard). (By grind I mean go through 2+ advanced classes and get max stats) You will end up with 4-5 characters that can solo the entire game.

Edited by Stormcrown

I think a better way to go about this is to find out;

1) Which characters you wish to max
2) How many you wish to max (20 characters should be your goal for the last chapter).

The problem is you can't optimize the entire roster without sacrificing something from another character. Olivia and chrome give you a godly inigo, but chrome an avatar give you a godly Lucina/Avatar. That's how I went about it anyway.

Sure thing. :^_^: The Wall of Text seems to be my specialty; it's good to hear that it's useful. Here, have another:

What do you mean be "RNG spree"? Do you mean he's lucky (not the stat (Lck))? Because that sort of lucky streak will fail at the most inopportune moments. Crits are fun, if you're serious about crits, go for a forged Killing Edge/Killer Axe (45 crit).

Yeah I mean he gets pretty lucky with Critical hitting folks even with just a Steel sword. But you're right if I were to be really serious than any of the Killing equipment and just spend bullion like nobody's business.

Luna procs at twice the rate of Aether (Luna is Skill%, Aether is (Skill/2)%), and the game rolls for each separately (Aether has priority), so that's why I suggested Aether and Luna. If you're only gonna have one, go for Aether.

Also, I'm gonna point out that Chrom only has access to Aegis, not Pavise. If Lucina is Sumia's daughter, she gets both, but I'm pretty sure nobody else (besides FemAvatar) gives access to Pavise for Lucina.

Ah got it. Welp in that case once I finish acquiring Dual Guard, I'll revert Chrom back to Great Lord and I'll Aegis on top of LB once I finish R&R 3.

I'll definitely try out Lucina for Aegis x Pavise combo once I finish her time as a GK as well.

First off: it is very hard to go wrong with Avatar.

My personal preference is a well-rounded Dread Fighter, simply because that lets me tank mages and hit for Str-based damage, while keeping a (relatively) high Mag stat for Levin Swords, and the option of using a Book of Naga (which gives +5 Def & +5 Res). So I can solo Risen Skirmishes on Lunatic (paired up with Lucina) as long as I have Sol.

Those all sound like reasonable sets, and remember - you can always grind LB3 with Paragon + Veteran equipped for a guaranteed 12 levels, so getting every single skill as an option is quite feasible.

You're not gonna be taking enough damage to make Vengeance more useful than a -faire skill (same for Vantage, actually), and on Normal, any of Lifetaker / Sol / Renewal should suffice for healing. My preference is Sol, for healing during the Enemy Phase, but it shouldn't matter on Normal.

While I personally use Aggressor, I shouldn't, simply because I can kill 3-5 enemies during the EP (when it's inactive) vs only one (or two, with Dancer) on my turn.

Note: while I swear by Dread Fighter Avatar, it is probably not the best choice, but it is very convenient.

Hm, I thought Ignis would be a better option than Sol for Avatar considering its exclusivity. I'll try out Sol for a bit, after I toggle with the DK's stuff.

Morgan is like a mini Avatar, only in our cases (Avatar (M)), Morgan (F) gets Galeforce. If you need damage, not healing (Sol won't add any damage) you could go with Astra, which procs at twice Lethality's rate. I suggested Galeforce + Lifetaker as a fun combo, simply because if you kill two enemies in a turn, you will have regained 100% health (if you weren't hit).

That's why I got Astra after seeing it's efficiency with Lon'qu, Severa, Owain, Inigo and Morgan. Yeah I am an Astra fan. The Galeforce + Lifetaker is also my favorite combo. Trying to work that in with Nah currently.

This is true. But on Normal, defensive skillsets aren't going to be nearly as important, Rallies are unnecessary (except for TSON, I think, maybe R&R), so the only place left to go is offense, or mobility (Acrobat / Deliverer / Mov +1 / Pass).

Defensive skillsets are still pretty nice on Normal. A couple evade skills stacked lets you basically solo Normal R&R3 just sucking down Elixirs, and with Normal's internal level cap you will go --/1 to 20/30 on just one run of it.

Agreed which is why I appreciated Aegis and Pavise more often when I started tackling the R & R DLC pack.

I'll try to tell you what I learned pretty quickly.

Don't grind too much on anything lower than lunatic (Or hard). (By grind I mean go through 2+ advanced classes and get max stats) You will end up with 4-5 characters that can solo the entire game.

Hm, from my understanding doesn't all my grinding allow me to get through the game more efficiently and quicker when I get up to higher difficulties like Lunatic (or Lunatic + if I ever dare) since it carries over via new game+?

I think a better way to go about this is to find out;

1) Which characters you wish to max

2) How many you wish to max (20 characters should be your goal for the last chapter).

The problem is you can't optimize the entire roster without sacrificing something from another character. Olivia and chrome give you a godly inigo, but chrome an avatar give you a godly Lucina/Avatar. That's how I went about it anyway.

Hm, didn't really think about how many characters I wanted to max out? Realistically I'm at about 12 characters in which they're close to my preferences of skills and final classes. Just a pain grinding EXP DLC over and over again. However I try to grind on other DLC maps to break monotony of it all.

Well I was kinda hoping to do all of them (idealistically not including non-awakening DLC, meaning I would also grind Walhart and the bunch). That's sort of what I wanted to go for in this experience even before I wanted to consider a challenging new play through.

Edited by SYFEA82

Hm, from my understanding doesn't all my grinding allow me to get through the game more efficiently and quicker when I get up to higher difficulties like Lunatic (or Lunatic + if I ever dare) since it carries over via new game+?

No. The only two (three, technically) things that carry over are

a) Renown (from the highest renown, updated when you last beat Endgame*)

b) the entries in your Avatar Logbook

c) the DLC you've bought (but only the ability to play it)

*Supposedly; I think I've had some problems carrying over Renown, but I may just have forgotten to re-beat Endgame on my Hard mode file before deleting it.

Hm, didn't really think about how many characters I wanted to max out? Realistically I'm at about 12 characters in which they're close to my preferences of skills and final classes. Just a pain grinding EXP DLC over and over again. However I try to grind on other DLC maps to break monotony of it all.

Well I was kinda hoping to do all of them (idealistically not including non-awakening DLC, meaning I would also grind Walhart and the bunch). That's sort of what I wanted to go for in this experience even before I wanted to consider a challenging new play through.

I'm gonna point out that Walhart and friends are Spotpass, not DLC, and so are

a) free

b) not part of the Avatar Logbook

Also, for grinding on DLC, LB3 is much better than EXPonential Growth (which is what I assume you're using):

(50 enemies) * (8 exp per enemy) = 400 exp = 4 levels

Add in Paragon and it's 8 guaranteed level-ups, assuming you're internal level-capped (if not, then it's more levels than that).

No. The only two (three, technically) things that carry over are

a) Renown (from the highest renown, updated when you last beat Endgame*)

b) the entries in your Avatar Logbook

c) the DLC you've bought (but only the ability to play it)

*Supposedly; I think I've had some problems carrying over Renown, but I may just have forgotten to re-beat Endgame on my Hard mode file before deleting it.

Huh, alright I guess I better consider doing hard mode after completing all the DLCs on Normal and then go to Lunatic.

I'm gonna point out that Walhart and friends are Spotpass, not DLC, and so are

a) free

b) not part of the Avatar Logbook

Also, for grinding on DLC, LB3 is much better than EXPonential Growth (which is what I assume you're using):

(50 enemies) * (8 exp per enemy) = 400 exp = 4 levels

Add in Paragon and it's 8 guaranteed level-ups, assuming you're internal level-capped (if not, then it's more levels than that).

Point taken. However I tried your suggestion a few days ago and I was still able to get more level ups on EXPonental Growth as compared to LB3 (perhaps I'm tackling it wrong)?

Anyway, currently working on the Gaius x Tharja combo to open up another child paralogue. Then gonna update with the other chars. I referenced the last time. I'll also try to not use my hard hitting chars. as 'rally slaves' for better effectiveness. Thanks everyone!

Huh, alright I guess I better consider doing hard mode after completing all the DLCs on Normal and then go to Lunatic.

I think you may have misunderstood. DLC carries over because you've already bought it. Beating the DLC has nothing to do with playing it on a later file. If I am misunderstanding what you're saying, I apologize. If I am interpreting what you said correctly, then I apologize for causing the misunderstanding in the first place.

Point taken. However I tried your suggestion a few days ago and I was still able to get more level ups on EXPonental Growth as compared to LB3 (perhaps I'm tackling it wrong)?

That is possible; if your characters are relatively low-leveled, then they'll generally level up from killing a single Entombed, and if you're training up all six characters you bring along, then you may be getting more EXP. For now. There will come a point, however, when killing even the Lv. 30 Entombed will only net you 8 EXP, and when that time comes, EXPonential Growth loses its utility.

Also, if you're training a single character, LB3 is useful because the enemies must attack you, rather than try to escape.

I think you may have misunderstood. DLC carries over because you've already bought it. Beating the DLC has nothing to do with playing it on a later file. If I am misunderstanding what you're saying, I apologize. If I am interpreting what you said correctly, then I apologize for causing the misunderstanding in the first place.

No worries its a slight misunderstanding. I wanted to merely explore all of the DLCs on normal/casual. That way when I get to higher difficulty modes, I know which ones to focus on instead of dilly-dallying with grinding or beating them over again on harder difficulties.

That is possible; if your characters are relatively low-leveled, then they'll generally level up from killing a single Entombed, and if you're training up all six characters you bring along, then you may be getting more EXP. For now. There will come a point, however, when killing even the Lv. 30 Entombed will only net you 8 EXP, and when that time comes, EXPonential Growth loses its utility.

Also, if you're training a single character, LB3 is useful because the enemies must attack you, rather than try to escape.

Yeah I haven't gotten to that point yet, I guess I should even do a single character level up run once they get stronger. My Olivia can't even puncture anybody on LB3 and she even has a tough time with low level entombed (just goes to show how low leveled the rest of my bench is compared to my regular chars on rotation.

Wassup everyone,

Been busy updating a lot of stuff (not gaming related just online in general).

I decided, since my last dialogue to go with the suggestions for the previous chars, and add Limit Breaker to all of the ones highly suggested once I beat a certain DLC. With that said here's the next batch for scrutiny in adjustments of skill sets and final class.

Gaius; Warrior:

Skills: Movement +1, Lethality, Pass, Vantage and HP +5 (gonna switch this out with Counter).

I'm thinking of adding Despoil (he is a thief at heart after all) and Acrobat (once I go through trickster) later, then putting Locktouch back on to make him a melee and highly moving char. As for final class, although he looks better as a thief maybe he can be this version's Jaffar?

Tharja, Sniper:

Skills: Hex, Anathema, Prescience, Tomebreaker, Vengeance.

Since I want her to sire some archer traits to give to Noire before her paralogue probably gonna switch out Hex and Anathema for Bowfaire and maybe Lifetaker (if I'm not too lazy to grind for Tharja). As for final class, I'm thinking Dark Knight or Sorcerer Tank (Nosferatu, Vengeance, etc.)

Gregor, Berzerker:

Skills: Patience*, Wrath*, Sol, Armsthrift and Axebreaker

I'm thinking to switch Wrath and Patience for Astra and Swordfaire (or Vantage). Final class, probably hero?

Cherche, Griffon Rider:

Skills: Tantivity*, Renewal, Strength +2*, Rally Luck* and Swordbreaker

I'm thinking to switch tantivity for Lancebreaker, Strength +2 (Iote's Shield or Dual Support+ as an alternative), and Rally Luck for Deliverer). Final class, obviously wyvern lord.

Lonqu, Assassin:

Skills: Avoid +10*, Swordfaire*, Lethality, Vantage and Astra.

Thinking to switch avoid for Acrobat. Swordfaire for Limit Breaker or Pass? Final class, Swordsmaster suits him well.

Nah, Manakete:

Skills: Odd Rhythm*, Swordbreaker, Aegis, and Wyrmsbane. No 5th skill at the moment.

5th skill possibilities, Lifetaker, Limit Breaker, Galeforce (had I done a better pairing, shame on me). Final class, obviously Manakete.

This is my update for now. Again thanks for all future input.

Edited by SYFEA82