Most Disturbing Fire Emblem Character(s)

Ashen Tempest

What can I say? I got curious as to who people found particularly hideous throughout the game series. I started my second run of Radiant Dawn earlier today and remembered Pain and Agony (and their identical Blazing Sword and Sealed Sword pairs) as soon as I got to Chapter 1-4. To these kind of characters, I would go as far as to say the cliche "kill it with fire," but sadly, Tormod doesn't join until a few chapters later. Sadness.

Brammimond has always been a disturbing little character in my mind, mostly due to the mystery surrounding him.

I actually wish that either FE6 or 7 had gone a little more in depth on Brammimond or at least made him somewhat more proactive. After all, he was just like "okay there, I broke the seal on Durandal, now get the hell out and leave me alone." He actually is pretty creepy though.

Monica in FE8 wins it for me.

I think it was for the best that she was never actually displayed. God only knows what kind of atrocity she was reborn as. For all we know, she could have been reborn a revenant/entombed. We know she came out a zombie in mind and soul, but body, not really. Her reborn existence alone was just creepy though.

Valter, Izuka and Julius come to mind, though I don't doubt there were probably a good number one-off chapter bosses that came pretty close to breaking out of "stock villain" and into "actually fairly despicable" territory. The Deadlords, if you let the relevant people in Thracia die, are pretty distress-worthy, too.

Monica in FE8 wins it for me.

I was actually about to say Ashnard and/or Izuka at points during FE9 (before FE10 painted Ashnard as a pawn and the last few chapters in FE9 made his views lean more towards primitive Darwinism than anything), but Orson (not really Monica, since she's just a byproduct of his mental state) has to take the cake here.

Valter, Izuka and Julius come to mind, though I don't doubt there were probably a good number one-off chapter bosses that came pretty close to breaking out of "stock villain" and into "actually fairly despicable" territory. The Deadlords, if you let the relevant people in Thracia die, are pretty distress-worthy, too.

Valter was my first Fire Emblem creeper. He was atrocious. Thracia and Genealogy of the Holy War, I still haven't played yet, but I will if I manage to make time for it. Izuka was just straight-up creepy and I was pleased when I learned I he was a boss in Part 4.

Izuka was a blatantly obvious villain, but he still is creepy. Tharja actually creeps me out a lot, for reasons that may contain spoilers for FE13.

Oh, this is easy for me. Valtome, Oliver, and Excellus. Just...ugh. Also Tharja. Henry also disturbs me to an extent, but at the same time, I find him hilarious too.

Algol, despite his role in the main FE13 game being next to nothing, he really does creep me out in the Death's Embrace DLC. I actually get the creeps looking at Nowi's official artwork despite being totally okay with her in-game art and personality.

Ashnard's treatment of Rajaion is particularly sadistic, even after you take into account his treatment of the other dragon laguz royals, his own son, the herons, and the rest of his family and his underlings.

Edited by Samias

I don't find anyone in the series disturbing.

You only say that because of his child-like voice.

He kinda got a make-over for the English version, support-wise.

Blasphemy

I have nightmares of her coming at me cackling

No but really I can't get past her pretty much being an abused child whose trauma is played for lulz ._. I even went through a phase where I benched Tharja for being such a biznitch. Until I read their A support, which kind of makes up for it.

With many thanks to his fans, Gheb comes to mind first.

As far as actually being disturbed though, Izuka and maybe also Gangrel succeed. If I knew the plot of FE4 better, I suspect a few would show up from there.

Izuka was a blatantly obvious villain, but he still is creepy. Tharja actually creeps me out a lot, for reasons that may contain spoilers for FE13.

I haven't played Awakening yet either, but she certainly looks creepy (and not to mention cranky). I heard that apparently she's like the 3rd most popular of all FE characters regardless of the fact that she threatens to kill you in your sleep. Izuka is disturbing in both character and appearance.

Oh, this is easy for me. Valtome, Oliver, and Excellus. Just...ugh. Also Tharja. Henry also disturbs me to an extent, but at the same time, I find him hilarious too.

Are you crazy? Oliver is the epitome of beauty. Jk, and Valtome reminds me too much of some cross-dresser from a novela my grandma watches. I can't look at him without this sudden impulse to laugh my butt off, but yes he is hideous.

I don't find anyone in the series disturbing.

You only say that because of his child-like voice.

A lot of people seem to be interpreting "disturbing" with respect to character and others to appearance. I suppose I should have been a bit more specific. Even so, I did get fascinating feedback. So you never found a single character hideous in character nor looks?

Algol, despite his role in the main FE13 game being next to nothing, he really does creep me out in the Death's Embrace DLC. I actually get the creeps looking at Nowi's official artwork despite being totally okay with her in-game art and personality.

Ashnard's treatment of Rajaion is particularly sadistic, even after you take into account his treatment of the other dragon laguz royals, his own son, the herons, and the rest of his family and his underlings.

Rajaion's tragic reduction to a common mount was definitely a show of sadism. Just as sadistic, if not worse, was how he just let Ena wallow in despair knowing this and deliberately keeping her away from him regardless of the fact that she and Nasir were the only reason he was able to get a hold of the medallion. Ashnard is, overall, a demented psychopath given the events that transpire in PoR and his explained past in RD.

Tharja probably. Considering that she is pretty much a female version of Valter... except of course Valter was acknowledged as a monster, has to at least pretend to be an ally (even then, he still comes across as an arrogant prick, so nobody likes him) and never got to actually rape his target.

He is still disturbing as hell, but at least he leaves in a world that condemns his actions. You don't have to deal with him all by yourself.

But the world that Tharja lives in, doesn't give two shits about a monster like her.

Everyone will just ignore everything she does, despite her making no effort to hide that she is a sick bastard who hurts people out of mere boredom. No matter how many people are around you, you will always be alone with her.

The disturbance even reaches meta levels, given that she is the favorite character of all the IS representatives.

Mind you, seeing the supposed heroes butcher and verbally teabagging soldiers as if they were merely Counterstrike opponents instead of sentient beings, really makes me want to throw up. Especially considering that Fire Emblem used to go to great lengths in humanizing enemies.

Edited by BrightBow