Stupid things you've heard people say

Chiki

I'm familiar with the phrase "I couldn't care less". You Yanks must have somehow changed the phrase to mean the exact opposite.

"She's from South Korea, that's the good one, right?"

Why, that's not silly at all! They are the good one!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go with the classic "Africa is a country." statement. Seriously, there was this one girl who I was completely unable to convince that Africa was not a country.

I'm gonna go with the classic "Africa is a country." statement. Seriously, there was this one girl who I was completely unable to convince that Africa was not a country.

On that note, "Is Japan a part of China?" "Is Asia a country?"

Everyone time I hear or see "i could care less" when the implication is that they couldn't, I want to inflict physical pain on the person uttering it.

Aside from that, I don't have too many things that annoy me when said aloud, although when it comes to writing or typing (which is most of my communication, so I'm counting it :c) I get irrationally angry when apart/a part and 've/of are switched.

-

Oh, actually, I do know someone who said seriously "more men should get pregnant" in a context that would not justify it. She wasn't the brightest, though - she also had hoped that we would build an escalator to the moon.

"who's evita"

"there was a dictatorship?"

"videla died" "who's that anyway"

all heard in my class

So I told that learnin' lady the only three people I need to know about 'er the Father, the Son, n' the Holy Ghost. Yeehaw.

Most people seem stupid because of their ignorance towards something.

"Where are you from?"

"Wales."

"Where's Wales?"

"It's in the UK."
"Oh, where in England is Wales? Is it far from London?"

"Jesus Christ."

If I believe the person is willing to learn, I tend to try to educate them.

Ha look at this dweeb that thinks Aquaman's cool what's he gonna do go tell all the goldfish how much of a jerk I am pshaw

Gee I wonder if ripping on the ruler of 70% of the Earth is such a good thing.

I've yet to hear a quote nearly as dumb as "Is Sigmud Freud, like, that one animal trainer?"; the girl who said it even has the stereotypical valleygirl accent. Some come close. "Oh, I didn't think your brother would have the same hair color as you" probably competes.

"Aquaman is useless"

The fact that people still have not gotten over his Superfriends incarnation still pisses me off to no end.

^----- THIS! My word, I love you right now.

A few that I have heard:

"You like the Green Lantern? You know he's gay right? So that makes you gay, right?"

"Why do I need to learn math? It is completely useless!"

"We are not killing the Earth."