Klok Plays: FE8 ManRiklass Run

Ephraim or Eirika?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which route should I take?

I'm not promising it'll be uploaded tomorrow or anything, but I will say that the next video on my channel will be the next chapter of ManRiklass! I've left my baby for too long, my subscribers are feeling left out and lonely! And prime wants me to finish the lp of his hack xD

Expect it by at least monday. Maaaaaaybe tuesday if things go south.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^LOL that is like 10x to 100x the amount of work. If anything I'd just reclass the enemies every now and then while playing. FE8MR will probably be the only blind run of it's type that I do ever again.

Also, definitely looking at tuesday for the next episode.

It's finally here! ...sort of.

I think this game's name should be changed into :SKITTLES Emblem : The sacred SKITTLES - Random SKITTLES run...

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

I lost hours of homework time recording and editing this, not to mention the major glitch I encountered that nearly forced it to become a 2 parter. However, it came out to be most excellent and I think you guys will love it!

That's one of the reasons I'm not doing manriklass so much anymore. 4 hours invested just to get an LP to my quality standards when I could invest 1/4th the time in an LP of comparitively higher value and still have time left to study for finals is a really big sacrifice.

Edited by ManriKlok

Y'know who did the Skittles thing first? Yeah, that's right. Even if it's in a completely different universe.

(hope you continue this, though, 'cause I'm amused by it)

EDIT: If you discontinue this, I humbly request that you reclass everyone and make the patch public anyway.

Edited by eclipse

Even if I discontinued it, everyone's already reclassed in it. I'm just playing through to fix the bugs, make jokes, and make Ephraim mode a lot harder.

Also if I actually discontinued it for good, Prime would kill me. Not gonna happen.

Y'know who did the Skittles thing first? Yeah, that's right. Even if it's in a completely different universe.

Actually I don't know who you're referring to. Edited by ManriKlok

You forgot that it was me who suggested Mehfraim, what a terrible friend :(.

But really, it's alright, didn't actually think you'd go for it :P. What was the game breaking glitch you mentioned? I didn't see anything.

I don't remember mentioning a gamebreaking glitch in FE8MR. In my FE5/6 runs yeah. If I did mention it, link the vid and a time slot.

I mean this:

I lost hours of homework time recording and editing this, not to mention the major glitch I encountered that nearly forced it to become a 2 parter. However, it came out to be most excellent and I think you guys will love it!

Oh, that. Basically, while editing in camtasia (which took over two hours) my pc ran out of RAM. I wasn't able to edit anymore and my computer nearly crashed from the stress. I literally shut down every active process except explorer, some system functions in camtasia, saved the project, restarted my pc, then reloaded camtasia. Then when I reopened the project it still ate up 95% of my ram so instead I cut out everything up to the point I had finished editing (about 3/4ths of the way in), edited from there, saved it as a second project, then opened them up and spliced them back together. However I would have been forced to split it if I hadn't been able to do that final part, not that I couldn't remerge the .mp4 with Sony Vegas, I just didn't want to waste all that time doing the encoding twice instead of once.

It all worked out though, and I learned a valuable lesson about long LP's that I won't soon forget. I try to avoit multi-parters because I want the "78 videos" listed on my channel to actually mean "78 full vides" and not "78 two parters that I posted to inflate video count". Also most people post two parters because of youtube partnerships so they get double the views and therefore double the money. I'm just not a fan of doing that though. I may have to the longer these vids get though.

Klok: Check my sig. It's been there for a while. :P:

As for the videos, unless you're going for a super-completionist run, I think Chapter 9 (both routes) is about as bad as it gets. You can probably cut out some of the more boring things like walking to the throne room in Chapter 14 (Eir), for example, or having Knoll wait a million turns to pick up all the desert items.

I always cut out empty footage, there's never anything left in that doesn't serve a purpose. Well actually, there were a few things in this last vid that I wanted to cut out but because of the RAM issue, couldn't.

High time I started using Vegas. I practiced with it last weekend and discovered it's really quite good :D

plus fancy fx

• 4 months later...

It's been like 4 months since my last vid. Bet you're all getting depressed and shit, but luckily I have some new shit. (Not a video yet, this is just to show it's not dead)

5EaiG.png5EajF.png5Eals.png

All characters will have new mugs.

Pst. These are the crappiest ones. I'm saving the best ones for the next LP.

:O

Note that all of them were made by L95, except for Gilliam, which was made by Aeorys. What does Gilliam look like? You will see.

Edited by IM FAE OMG!!

It's been like 4 months since my last vid. Bet you're all getting depressed and shit, but luckily I have some new shit. (Not a video yet, this is just to show it's not dead)

5EaiG.png5EajF.png5Eals.png

All characters will have new mugs.

Pst. These are the crappiest ones. I'm saving the best ones for the next LP.

:O

Note that all of them were made by L95, except for Gilliam, which was made by Aeorys. What does Gilliam look like? You will see.

I fully endorse these changes.