Klok Plays: FE8 ManRiklass Run

Ephraim or Eirika?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which route should I take?

If you wanna try making a better thief!Natasha, me love you long time :D (PM it to me so no spoilers). A mercenary Tethys would be cool too. Generally though L95 does it because she's not only good at this stuff, but her creativity is really awesome and makes stuff even better.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually completely and utterly bored with FE8MR video LP's. I'm thinking about making the rest of the LP's until the final chapters a series of screenshot LP's.

I don't mind! I just wanna see you finish this!

I thought you had a completely random patch to be released (as in randomized everytime) or the program to be, but oh well beggars can't be choosers. still laughing at the videos tho

Sorry, I don't know if you've already answered this but, will you be releasing a patch for this?

I will be, yes. Not quite yet though.

I thought you had a completely random patch to be released (as in randomized everytime) or the program to be, but oh well beggars can't be choosers. still laughing at the videos tho

The program Ephraim225 is working on will randomize just like the pokemon randomizer and it will be inserted with the EA.

I will be, yes. Not quite yet though.

The program Ephraim225 is working on will randomize just like the pokemon randomizer and it will be inserted with the EA.

that sounds awesome, actually

• 4 weeks later...

I'm busy with Chaos mode and FEXNA both actually. I haven't even been posting videos in general on my channel (The archer video for kag was actually recorded 3 weeks ago lol) so no updates on this for some time. I'm also trying to help Ephraim225 with his randomizer tool and working on many other things. I have my hands in a lot of projects and to be honest it's really too much at the moment but I'm not sure how to dip out of some of them gracefully.

Also manriklass is just boring as fuck to me anymore. I put no effort into the video, enemies were not hitting me or hit for like no damage, and at this point it's just a chore to slog through, not a fun game. FE8 is pretty terrible. On that note however...

A conversation I had over PM a couple days ago with an unnamed source.

Is Manrika becoming too EZ?

Yeah it is, really. It's not very fun when my good units can plow through with no thought and take 1-2 damage from everything. I'd give it the rage treatment like Chaos mode has but it's not fun if I do it myself since I will obviously know what changes I made.

Would you need someone like Prime to do it?

It's not hard to do, really. You just need a little familiarization with Nightmare, a decent idea of game balance, and editing CUE (Chapter Unit Editor) modules to increase enemy power and alter items. After that, playtest playtest.

So if you want to give it a try then sure. I'll send the rom and my current savefile. The important thing though is playtesting. I don't make blind changes to Phobia's hack, and in some cases (Like legault's chapter) I playtested more than a hundred times as I edited and fully beat it 4 different ways. It takes time and energy but the final product is worth it.

See now I thought Chaos Mode was entirely random, but you have that special erk sprite and all...how random is it?

Also, I have fiddled in nightmare since, so I'm not completely oblivious to it all

The classes themselves are fully random, as are the weapon stats, though I did take liberties and make enemy-only weapons more powerful so that enemies were deadlier (Read: Poison weapons and final boss weapons) but generally I'm changing all the chapters as I play to make them harder and more interesting with more items so the player has a more varied playstyle.

Other things like erk's class and etc are just visual stuff to make some characters more interesting. That's really it.

So basically, if someone wanted to try giving me more of a challenge by editing the rom and making it harder and maybe trying to surprise me with stuff, but WOULDN'T leak classes for new characters and etc, that'd be swell. Idk if I can trust anyone to do that last part though, because people are notoriously gossipy. Still, it's that or just releasing it now as-is and since prime never played past ch. 10 I don't know if anything's broken along the way and I sort of have quality standards.

Offers? I'll consider them.

Edited by Klok

or u know just do the f*ck up u did in Chaos mode in which non bandits (i think it was a cavalier?) can destroy villages that'll piss people off :P or like make every enemy look like Hector On STERIODS

I'd be interested in editing the ROM. I could probably do some AI trickery with Event Assembler too. How hard would you want it exactly? I could do Fe12-style enemy traps and AIs with capped offences near endgame, but obviously you'd be the target audience. Probably would go over later characters and give them a small boost if they're not up to par.

Though, since you've edited sprites and text in the ROM, it'd be handy to have a list of what regions of the ROM are used up compared to vanilla.

Edited by Vennobennu

I'd be interested in editing the ROM. I could probably do some AI trickery with Event Assembler too. How hard would you want it exactly? I could do Fe12-style enemy traps and AIs with capped offences near endgame, but obviously you'd be the target audience. Probably would go over later characters and give them a small boost if they're not up to par.

Though, since you've edited sprites and text in the ROM, it'd be handy to have a list of what regions of the ROM are used up compared to vanilla.

Everything in the rom is just nightmare edits and feditor edits. The mugs are just imported using feditor, nothing fancy. You actually sound like you'd make this interesting so I'll send you the rom tomorrow, see what you can do with it.

Probably would go over later characters and give them a small boost if they're not up to par.

This is fine, I already did a retroactive buff to Amelia and made her level 9ish auto-leveled on both modes since she's unusable at base without tower abuse. Same thing for Ewan and etc would be fine. The main thing is making sure playables have proper wlvls and weapons equipped and that enemies get buffed. If it gets chaos mode difficulty (Which is btw slightly luck based but minimally so) then I'll be a happy man. Edited by Klok

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Needs more Updates

Guess what I have! A new video :D

We've waited so long but finally both routes are past the halfway point in the game. I still have to replay chapter 10 Manrika because I lost the save for that, but that's otherwise a minor setback.

Edit: Ah, there might still be processing issues. Give it a few minutes and those should resolve.

Edited by Klok

ABOUT TIME

MY SON WILL BE SO HAPPY!

*Edit*

OH MY GOD SPIDERMAG BLEW UP MY EARS!!!

Edited by Elieson

• 1 month later...