Best skills for Olivia?

I'm just about to reclass her into a Dancer, and I need to know which skills are best for her to use. The ones I have are:

Relief

Galeforce

Vantage

Astra

Swordfaire

Speed +2

Luck +4
Avoid +10

Rally Movement
Lethality

Rally Heart
Bond

I'm definitely keeping Galeforce and I also think Bond would be a good choice for her as a Dancer. Maybe Swordfaire? Also, is her Special Dance skill good to have? Thanks, all!

If you want her to fight, then swordfaire is helpful, yeah. I find that Astra kinda sucks, and the +X skills aren't that useful. Vantage would be helpful if you want her to fight (or if she takes hits and you want her to survive easier). Lethality is hilarious when it activates but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not goofing off. No opinion on the Bride skills, as I never got that DLC.

Galeforce needs enough power to kill put behind it, otherwise it's a wasted slot (so maybe Swordfaire (I wouldn't want to have to rely on proccing, say, Astra in order to activate Galeforce). I'm just not sure how well Galeforce works for Dancers.

Bonds sounds like a good plan, and if she's gonna be dancing, then Special Dance sounds like a good idea as well (nothing wrong with buffs). Relief sounds nice, if you're short on healers, since it seems like she's gonna see at least some combat.

Also, no Limit Breaker?

Swordfaire to extend the Strength cap, Astra for more strikes. And stacking Limit Breaker with Swordfaire will give Olivia a +15 extra STR. If you don't care for Special Dance you can add All Stats +2 onto Swordfaire+Limit Breaker to give Olivia +17 extra Strength.

And I'll also say Galeforce.

She's not too weak, her overall rating is 288 as of now. I've been wondering, what is the highest rating you've ever gotten from any character?

Edited by Lon'Qu

I'm not really sold on the whole combat unit - Dancer hybrid. I understand the appeal of killing something, then Galeforcing into a dance (increases your movement range, and an enemy is now dead), but I'm just not sure how it'd work out.

Let's see. Dancer Olivia caps Str/Mag at 30 each (40 with LB). That's not too promising. Add Swordfaire and she's got 45 Str, which is usable, and stick on a forged Brave Sword and she can probably kill things pretty reliably.

She's not too weak, her overall rating is 288 as of now. I've been wondering, what is the highest rating you've ever gotten from any character?

Rating means almost nothing; you want to look at individual stats.

...even so...

Answer: 381. I could certainly get higher with a child character, though.

Edit: 409, on a 3rd-gen Morgan with pair-ups, skills, and weapon bonuses. I could still go higher, but I don't feel like it.

Edited by Euklyd

Well I'll probably just use her as a Dancer only and pass Galeforce to Inigo.

Oh OK, that works too. I certainly passes GF to Inigo, and sometimes use her as Dancer, when I remember.

Dancer Olivia, huh? I think shadowofchaos would know more about this than I would, but here's a set I recommend:

Galeforce

Swordfaire

Bond

Special Dance

Astra

You're probably not going to have Dancer!Olivia fight too often, but if you do, then you'd probably want Swordfaire to boost her strength, and Astra to grant you multiple hits at a time. Plus, having Galeforce would allow her to defeat an enemy, then revitalize another unit. The boosts you can give a unit with Special Dance are definitely worth conferring, and should you end your turn right there, Bonds would be great to kick in later on, if they get damaged.

Galeforce

Swordfaire

Bond

Special Dance

Astra

Speaking in all practicality, Bond is a sucky late game skill.

Healing 10HP around you isn't all that much of a benefit.

Some people also think that Special Dance isn't all that much of a boost.

However, knowing me, I'm not much of a "this is the best skillset."

I'm probably one of the few members who don't actually give a damn about the units' best skillset and stat caps via inheritance and all that jazz.

There's no question about putting on Astra.

I'm obviously biased towards her so I'm not the best one to take for an example.

I give her forged weapons and always paired up with my MU no matter what.

I put on Bond because... of the name of the skill and that she got it via the Bride class.

Skillset for no Limit Breaker:

OliviaDancerSkillset.png

If you want practicality, replace Bonds with Vantage or All Stats+2. Limit Breaker for Swordfaire OR keep Swordfaire and replace Bonds with Limit Breaker (when you get to that point).

I was thinking Pass as well, actually, if her defense is sufficient she can move through enemies and dance for your units. It's too bad she couldn't go trickster. Acrobat and Pass for a dancer would be great.

I'd say this is great..

Limit Breaker

Swordfaire

Galeforce

Vantage

Pass

Reasoning is to get her as far across the map as you can in one turn while still getting survivability,