FEE3 2013

Arch

Watch FEE3 2013!

It's that time of year again.The third annual FEE3. Unfortunately you can't view the last two years' events because seph1212 closed his channel.

For those of you not in the know, for the last two years we've been putting on an "E3 for hackers and fangames," FEE3. It was originally inspired by the near-lack of FE13 at 2011's E3. Team OVERTROLL originally agreed to put on the show in the event FE13 didn't appear at E3 this year. We'd just come off the heels of FE12 (the first Japanese-exclusive game in years), and, when the game failed to appear in Nintendo's handheld press conference, it seemed like another year would go by without good news for the series' western fans. We quickly agreed to pursue FEE3, "the E3 that FE fans have been waiting for." The idea was to highlight fangames due to the lack of western attention for the series, displaying the works of our community to a larger audience. Funnily enough, minutes after posting the FEE3 2011 topic, FE13 was accidentally confirmed by Reggie. However, we decided to hold the event regardless. Last year we continued the tradition, and this year we have our third show.

As I mentioned before, seph1212 has retired from the LPing business, so the show's going to be somewhat different this year. Mage Knight 404 has offered to host the event on his channel. He, along with other volunteers, will be providing commentary in Let's Plays of the submissions. The event will also include interviews, discussions, trailers, and all sorts of other stuff. It's a showcase for all of the community's hacks. There's a playlist linked to at the top.

Project Lineup:
  • Elibian Nights (v6)
  • Dream of Five
  • Fire Emblem: Forever
  • Immortal Sword
  • Project Chaos
  • Death or Glory
  • Project 76
  • Eternal Bond
  • Origin of Creation
  • Crossover Hack 2.0
  • The Road to Ruin
  • Project Z
  • Shin's FE4 Patch
  • TLP: Chaos Mode
  • League of Champions
  • Clash of Fates
  • The KoT Patch
Edited by The Second Archsage

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hunch it might be a smaller show than last year's, but I'm still hoping to put something on.

Then next year when everyone's got their shit we'll have a kickassin' event without having taken a year off.

I think I could potentially have something new to show by then, so sign me up. 2-3 months should be enough to finish a single chapter, right? not for me

I like to think this is because of my PM~

Definitely sign me up! I've been very much looking forward to showing my hack's progress~

Base Engine: FE7.
Name: eCut FE: Project Chaos.
Creator: Me~
Submitting: Live playable demo, possibly public patch.

Edited by eCut

(Another useless post so after this one I'm out, but I find it interesting Arch posted this on SF instead of his own place--not even in addition to)

You go where the audience is.

Glad to see we've attracted a couple of good projects already. Looking forward to seeing eCut's progress and Krad's new chapter.

FE7x is also gonna be there so go get your hypepants ready.

I also think I might be timing EN's release to go with the event, so that's another reason to get the hypepants ready.

Edited by Arch

Unfortunately for me, my schedule is batshit insane this year. No animation showcase. I'll work to finish up the phantom for sure by the time the event rolls around, and I'll shoot for making a logo for whoever does the videos. But, no showcase.

Yes, I signed in just to post this. That's how stupid my life is right now.

Oh hell yeah.

Base Engine: FE7

Name: Project 76

Creator: Squad 76

Submitting: Demo Patch, Live Playable Demo, Developers Interview.

Anything Else: We've got quite a large team, but I'd like to do a panel discussion with some of the team members, mostly those who have worked on it the most when the time rolls around. It could easily be myself, or like 5 people.

Also, to go under the new projects

Name: Adam's Adventure

Creator: Fuzz94 and NYZgamer3

Submitting: Demo Patch? Interview

Anything Else: Haven't progressed as much with this, so I'm not sure where it'll be, but I'd like to have a demo out by this.

That's all

Glad to see we've attracted a couple of good projects already. Looking forward to seeing eCut's progress and Krad's new chapter.

Thanks! :)

And no LoC, Arch? I was kind of expecting that one to make an appearance~

Oh hell yeah.

Name: Project 76

Creator: Squad 76

Submitting: Demo Patch, Live Playable Demo, Developers Interview.

Anything Else: We've got quite a large team, but I'd like to do a panel discussion with some of the team members, mostly those who have worked on it the most when the time rolls around. It could easily be myself, or like 5 people.

Also, to go under the new projects

Name: Adam's Adventure

Creator: Fuzz94 and NYZgamer3

Submitting: Demo Patch? Interview

Anything Else: Haven't progressed as much with this, so I'm not sure where it'll be, but I'd like to have a demo out by this.

That's all

Oooh, another hack, Fuzz? I am intrigued!

Edited by eCut

Entering this year. Time to get my hack famous lol.

Name: Death or Glory

Creator: NYZgamer3

Submitting: Live Playable Demo

Anything else: Not sure yet, will update if needs be.

Name of Hack: ETERNAL BONDAGE
Creator: YOURS FUCKING TRULY
What You'll Submit: PROBABLY PLAYABLE PATCH (UNLIKELY!!!!) AND AN AUDIO INTERVIEW WITH ME. WANT TO HEAR MY AUSTRALIAN ACCENT? I'LL FUCKING BET YOU DO
OH AND A DEMO FOR SOMEONE TO PLAY I GUESS

Anything Else?: NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF

I'LL GET BACK TO YOU

Edited by Agro

Oooh, another hack, Fuzz? I am intrigued!

yus haha. Adam's Adventure is supposed to be very different from most hacks, provided we get it off of the ground.

Name of Hack: Fire Emblem Tactics
Creator: SolidSense and Reikken

with contributions from CATS, Reaver, GreatEclipse, Paperblade, smash_fanatic, Inui, and others
What You'll Submit: If it's August, the full, 30-chapter game should have been completed by then, so a playable demo at the least.
Anything Else?:

Yeah, I'll volunteer to LP these things, if the position hasn't been filled already. I have a lot of gaming videos on my channel and can handle doing professional commentary as well as generating enthusiasm.

Edited by SolidSense

Base Engine: FE7Name of Hack: Fire Emblem TacticsCreator: SolidSense and Reikken

with contributions from CATS, Reaver, GreatEclipse, Paperblade, smash_fanatic, Inui, and othersWhat You'll Submit: If it's August, the full, 30-chapter game should have been completed by then, so a playable demo at the least. Anything Else?:

Yeah, I'll volunteer to LP these things, if the position hasn't been filled already. I have a lot of gaming videos on my channel and can handle doing professional commentary as well as generating enthusiasm.

Not gonna happen. I can feel it.

Edit: Dammit! I thought I hit reply, not edit! Stupid phone. :( Arch, I'm sooooooo sorry!

Edited by eCut

I'll be a definite maybe. I had decided I wasn't going to work on my hack till I got a laptop, because the desktop is a pain in the ass, but for FEE3, I'll see what I can do. I do have most of the events at least halfway done after all

I uh, accidentally edited out your post Arch, sorry. :( brb, dying of embarrassment.

But I meant to ask about LoM, not LoC (a typo and editing your post instead of quoting... I'm just going to stop posting. :E)

I uh, accidentally edited out your post Arch, sorry. :( brb, dying of embarrassment.

But I meant to ask about LoM, not LoC (a typo and editing your post instead of quoting... I'm just going to stop posting. :E)

eCut, you're fired.

Legend of Marth? Depends on whether or not I've got something to show. I can't really say if I will, so I'm holding off on jumping into FEE3 with it. Tryin' to finish that Elibian Nights first.

I'll be a definite maybe. I had decided I wasn't going to work on my hack till I got a laptop, because the desktop is a pain in the ass, but for FEE3, I'll see what I can do. I do have most of the events at least halfway done after all

WOOOOOOO JUBBY. Show off some of that avatar creation, man.

Also, the rest of the post eCut deleted was basically just a call for "if you've got ideas for other shit we can do, please share." There's some discussion about maybe doing a "state of the art" discussion with some high-level hackers, and if you've got ideas for other conversations that'd be good, or other events like that, I'd love to hear them.

Oh yeah, and I'm still looking forward to that Tactics game too. Even if eCut deleted my post that said I was, I still am.

P.S. <3 you, eCut.

Edited by Arch