FEE3 2013

Arch

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken straight from Zeldainformer

TLP Chaos Mode is already in but the other project won't make it, not enough time/too many other commitments. Oh well, I didn't really expect it to. I'll also be submitting Clash of Fates tonight once I get a chance to record. You won't say "no" if I submit at 12:01AM on the 6th, will you?

I'm technically done with what I can show with the time I had. Everything I want to do would take way too long to be able to show. But I've decided not to submit, I need more playtesting/feedback before I show it off like that. And part of the attraction of my hack, which was completely new chapters for FE8 would take too long to be able to finish in time. I could release a beta, but I'm not sure if it'll be welcome with open hands by anyone. I'd rather not take my chances.

Edited by PKL

I'm technically done with what I can show with the time I had. Everything I want to do would take way too long to be able to show. But I've decided not to submit, I need more playtesting/feedback before I show it off like that. And part of the attraction of my hack, which was completely new chapters for FE8 would take too long to be able to finish in time. I could release a beta, but I'm not sure if it'll be welcome with open hands by anyone. I'd rather not take my chances.

It's always best to have your hack the highest quality upon release to attract attention, and then to keep or improve that level to maintain attention. If you feel like it's not at the level you want than you are making the right decision.

It's always best to have your hack the highest quality upon release to attract attention, and then to keep or improve that level to maintain attention. If you feel like it's not at the level you want than you are making the right decision.

Yeah, it's for the best. \o/ If it fails now, it might get bad rep and the future release might not be as succesful.

Just another reminder: I need everything in to me today by 11:59 PST (luckily I live in a timezone that'll give some of you Europeans an extra day, and the east coasters get an extra three hours). That's roughly seven hours left. Either that, or, if you're handing the hack straight to the LPer, I need confirmation from the LPer that it's been received.

Thanks guys, looking forward to a good show!

I'm sorry to say it, but I won't be submitting anything. It's nowhere near the level I want it to be, and there's no point in rushing my hack for FEE3 if it gives a bad first impression.

Hm, guess I over-estimated what I could produce so easily. Camtasia just crashed after an hour's work and it's killed my motivation.

FE8.5 was a little rash to show off anyway, it doesn't seem ready to present either, it feels very 'fan-made', which is a failure in my books.

As for Dystopia, I was really hoping that I could get something from that out, but after spending considerable time last night being frustrated trying to change the title screen, I'm taking a day off.

Sorry for the hype guys. :c

Hm, guess I over-estimated what I could produce so easily. Camtasia just crashed after an hour's work and it's killed my motivation.

FE8.5 was a little rash to show off anyway, it doesn't seem ready to present either, it feels very 'fan-made', which is a failure in my books.

As for Dystopia, I was really hoping that I could get something from that out, but after spending considerable time last night being frustrated trying to change the title screen, I'm taking a day off.

Sorry for the hype guys. :c

Aw. I was looking forward to FE8.5. I loved FE8 despite its flaws. Hope everything works out for ya!

The show will start on August 16th, a Friday, and will span that entire weekend. Submissions are due two weeks prior to the event, so as to allow our commentators enough time to record and put the show together. All entries are due August 5th!

So...probably on the 16th?

Last update I saw (a few pages back) said it had been pushed back a couple of days (either to the 18th or to the Monday, not sure which).

Double post. Fuck it. You only live once. I'm trying to get this thing organized today.

This one ain't necessarily a "delay," since the hackers' deadline is staying the same, but we're pushing back the date of the actual show to the 18th in order to accommodate some of the LPers. It'll go live on a Sunday, with videos posted until the show wraps up Tuesday night with an award ceremony.

Here you go~

Finshed both of my LP's. Had a technical error with this weird green strip on the right side of both videos then discovered that was a bug in Sony Vegas, but now that it's fixed there should be no hiccups!

Spoilers: I did project chaos before TLP chaos mode. Also, blazer bro, I couldn't beat TLP Chaos Mode. PM me if it's in any way beatable before I finish editing it.

Were there supposed to be interviews like last year? Or did those get cut because of the different LPers?

Got an answer, nevermind

Edited by fuzz94