Does anyone read visual novels?

superange128

Did anybody read/play Kara no Shoujo or another game of Mangagamer?

After solving some legal issues they finally release a patch including the japanese voices, so I was thinking about picking it up.

Hopefully someone here got experience with Mangagamer, I'm curious about the quality of their games (CGs, translation etc, Moenovel for example censored quite a bit about "If my heart had wings" and got a lot of criticism). As they offer a lot of nukige and the USA seem to be more easygoing about violence and gore, it is hopefully uncensored.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually played Kara no Shoujo recently, and didn't personally have any problems with the translation. I did find that the skip function was unresponsive at times, but I'm not sure if that was a product of some sort of mess up during the translation, or if it was a problem with Kara no Shoujo in it's entirety.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody read/play Kara no Shoujo or another game of Mangagamer?

After solving some legal issues they finally release a patch including the japanese voices, so I was thinking about picking it up.

Hopefully someone here got experience with Mangagamer, I'm curious about the quality of their games (CGs, translation etc, Moenovel for example censored quite a bit about "If my heart had wings" and got a lot of criticism). As they offer a lot of nukige and the USA seem to be more easygoing about violence and gore, it is hopefully uncensored.

I played Higurashi 1-3 from them when they were ported to iPhone by some heroic Japanese guys.

They didn't get rights to much of the music in the first arc but they composed their own stuff that was actually really good. They also made a few tracks for the second arc because a lot of the smaller composers' stuff didn't make it in. The music is supposed to complement the novel and enhance the mood, and it does that fantastically, even if it isn't expertly done. (And honestly, some of the stuff they left out really didn't fit anyway IMO, like it was too off-the-chains for some scenes)

tl;dr I liked my experience with them.

Alright, I'll give it a try - just waiting for the hard copy at the moment (or at least an announcement for the voice patch).

Grisaia no Kajitsu got fully translated and the patch was released last weekend - if you like comedy/romance stuff and military jokes, you might want to pick this one up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I just finished Ever17. It was pretty good, but eh, I don't really see what all the hype for it is about. I was also very disappointed in some aspects, bleh.

I'm considering reading Eien no Aselia. Has anyone here read that?