Best/ Favorite Child (excluding Morgan)

In my experiences, Brady, (whom I recruited three days ago) is my new almost favorite child, pushing poor severa down to third (this doesn't include superpeppykawaii female morgan). Noire takes first by a few miles because, well, her personality, it's just like that one sincere old lady from birdemic, "*insert blow kissing noise here*", so real, and yet I find that to be what sets her a tier above the rest for me. What are anyone else's thoughts? I almost wonder if anyone will even read this...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... by personality or battle, it's kinda tough if we exclude Morgan. I guess for battle, Lucina comes in second... Maybe for both, it can be Cynthia. I love her Japanese voice even though plenty of people think that voice is annoying/too squeaky. I'm mostly neutral to most of the kids really, though I never used Kjelle or Noire to make much opinions on them. Same ot Laurent.

Of course, this is all according to your rules and I can't list Morgan.

Laurent. Because Laurent is best son. Gerome, Inigo, Owain, and Lucina are nice too, but I prefer Laurent.

Since Morgan's out, I dunno who's my favorite, but it's definitely NOT Yarne for whatever reason... Truth be told, I haven't been able to form much of an opinion on most of the children characters.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I'd have to say Severa is my favorite child for personality and gameplay. Since CordeliaxMU is my favorite pairing for MU it's just hilarious to watch her kill anything that looks at her funny with access to nearly limitless skill combinations and a whopping 48 strength as a Hero (without Limitbreak, 58 with). Waste of an armsthrift I know, but the only other children characters I really use are Owain (Gregor is father), Inigo (Lon'qu or Chrom as fathers, I alternate the two) Morgan (Cordelia as mother), Lucina (Either Sumia or Olivia) and Gerome (Virion is father).

Edited by Zelos

Hmm... by personality or battle, it's kinda tough if we exclude Morgan. I guess for battle, Lucina comes in second... Maybe for both, it can be Cynthia. I love her Japanese voice even though plenty of people think that voice is annoying/too squeaky. I'm mostly neutral to most of the kids really, though I never used Kjelle or Noire to make much opinions on them. Same ot Laurent.

Of course, this is all according to your rules and I can't list Morgan.

Heh, I wonder if Morgan is really that many people's favorites... I guess he/she's viewed as your child though. Maybe that's it. Plus, japanese voiced femmorgan is really quite adorable

male: owain xxdreadfighta420xx

female: noire

both personality

severa is the best for stats anyway

OHMAHGOSH... I watch your videos on YouTube. Thanks for replying on my post.

Heh, forgot about owain...

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Heh, I wonder if Morgan is really that many people's favorites... I guess he/she's viewed as your child though. Maybe that's it. Plus, japanese voiced femmorgan is really quite adorable

Well, I don't know about other people, but I guess he's just really cute (even though he's based off the second male Avatar build)... personality and the way he speaks. It's so cute how he/she wants to be like his/her ...parent (Avatar). Maybe being 'your' child influenced some, but if it has any influence in why I like Morgan, it's because he can also became anything he wants... aside from gender-exclusive or special classes. So he can become a really strong unit.

I dunno about female Morgan's Japanese voice though, but I do like most Japanese voices.

Then again, that's why I like Lucina too, as a unit though... not always as her...personality... Sometimes she drives me insane. Even if she's 'my' daughter.

Cynthia has always been good to me as a unit and her personality is really cute.

Edited by Cordelia

Lucina: I'm gonna be honest. I don't see what the big deal about Lucina is. I find her pretty bland character-wise

though when she tried to kill the Avatar, that was just pure awesome.

I know she kicks ass gameplay-wise, but my only pairs for Chrom in my game were with Maribelle and Olivia. And they make the worst Lucinas. I'll pair him with Sully next time, perhaps.

Male Morgan: I know Morgan is excluded, both male and female, but I feel like talking about the two anyway since I'm judging everyone gameplay-wise and character-wise: As for Male Morgan, I like him better than Female Morgan, but I still don't like him too much. At least he's making a good bow knight in my bow run. I'll have to read more of his supports.

Female Morgan: There's just something that REALLY irritates me about her. Even though I like her supports with whatever sibling she has, I just...don't like her. Great unit no matter what, but holy wow, is she a pain.

Owain: I like him. What a bro. His supports are hilarious, and if training Lissa wasn't a pain in the ass, I feel he'd be a better unit, too. I'm pairing Vaike/Lissa in my next file to see how Owain will fare.

Kjelle: She's alright. She made me laugh in her supports, and apparently Chrom/Sully makes a damn good Kjelle. I haven't used her before, but I like her.

Laurent: Definitely one of my favorite characters in the game. It's cool how he isn't a male Miriel, but he has his own personality quirks that make him unintentionally hilarious in his supports. Not to mention he's a pretty rad unit when Miriel and her husband get going.

Cynthia: I like her. She's pretty cute, and her dialogue makes me chuckle (PEGA-PONY PRINCESS). I can't wait to pair Henry/Sumia in my new file tomorrow. I can't wait to see Cynthia with white-hair and her wrecking the entire battlefield with Galeforce tucked under her belt.

Brady: Definitely my second favorite character in the game, most likely (#1 will be talked about soon). BRADY. WHY CAN'T YOU BE A GOOD UNIT AND HAVE MORE UTILITY THAN BEING A WARD/RESCUE BOT. YOUR CHARACTER IS SO BRILLIANT I ALWAYS PAIR MARIBELLE JUST TO RECRUIT YOU. *clears throat* Anyway, as I said, I think his character is great, and I wish he were a better unit.

Yarne: I like this guy. In a way I can see some of my personality in this guy; we both don't like picking fights, but we would to help out, or something like that. Donnel/Panne in one of my files made this guy an absolute demon bunny.

Severa: My favorite character in the game. She's very attractive. Her personality may be bratty in a way (especially in her supports with her father), but I love her snarkiness so much I don't even care. Sure, I understand other people's reasons for disliking Severa, but man oh man, I could never dislike her. She's also different from other tsunderes (a type of character I'm not really a fan of), which is another reason why I like her. Gameplay-wise, I purposely stall so Cordelia can get Galeforce, and whoever's her father (usually Lon'qu) passes down an awesome skill (I should've waited for Swordfaire, but she reclasses to Myrmidon anyway.). She wrecks the game right when she joins around Chapter 15 with such high stats, and I made it a tradition from my current file on to always marry my Avatar to her (if not, he's getting hitched with Cherche or Sumia). So yeah. She's my favorite Gen II character. I think that's enough worship.

Nah: I like her. I remember in my first file how she was pretty much my thief due to Gaius/Nowi, and Gaius was really crappy then and sat on the bench for the rest of the game (Not like FE13 chests are important. The game supplies you with everything you'll ever need.). She's pretty funny in supports, and I think she's pretty cool. Great unit, too.

Noire: I like her. Her...split personality strikes me as odd, but I find her endearing anyway, so whatever. Oh, and she's an archer. Bonus points. And she's cute. More bonus points. I don't like how she was used as a test subject for her mother, though. That made me raise an eyebrow. She isn't really good ingame, too, without favoritism. Overall, she's pretty cool.

Inigo: I'm...not really a fan of this guy. I think he's a tool, and I don't find him all that funny. Sure, he has a good heart and a hot mom, but...Olivia kinda sucks at gaining levels unless she's reclassed (and I'm never reclassing her because Dancer/10), which makes him not so good for me ingame (though he always gets great levels). He's lucky I ritually pair Chrom/Olivia. Overall, I don't like Inigo.

Gerome: Definitely one of my favorites. He's an amazing unit (Stahl/Cherche does wonders for him), and his personality isn't like most 'loner' type characters (Minervykins~). There's just something about Gerome I find really cool, and he's definitely gonna have a part in my Lunatic file. Also, Gerome/Cynthia OTP.

So overall:

1. Severa

2. Brady

3. Gerome

4. Laurent

5. Owain or Yarne

My top 5 children characters.

Edited by Zeem

Probably Inigo or Cynthia for my favorite? But I love most everybody in the second gen so that's a very tentative call. ;__; I really like the kids.

Well, I don't know about other people, but I guess he's just really cute (even though he's based off the second male Avatar build)... personality and the way he speaks. It's so cute how he/she wants to be like his/her ...parent (Avatar). Maybe being 'your' child influenced some, but if it has any influence in why I like Morgan, it's because he can also became anything he wants... aside from gender-exclusive or special classes. So he can become a really strong unit.

I dunno about female Morgan's Japanese voice though, but I do like most Japanese voices.

Then again, that's why I like Lucina too, as a unit though... not always as her...personality... Sometimes she drives me insane. Even if she's 'my' daughter.

Cynthia has always been good to me as a unit and her personality is really cute.

Wow, I can't say I've seen male Morgan in months now, I'm fairly sure I noticed his voice was the same as my second male avatar. Sorry for being kind of sexist there, I never really remember male Morgan beyond the fact that I shipped him off with Noire. I also didn't mean to sound like EVERYBODY AND THERE DOG'S favorite child was morgan, I've been here a week and i have a lot to learn.

Since Morgan's out, I dunno who's my favorite, but it's definitely NOT Yarne for whatever reason... Truth be told, I haven't been able to form much of an opinion on most of the children characters.

Your Laguz racism is showing.

I'm rather fond of most of them. Not so much for Severa and Inigo. Noire, Cynthia, Germoe, Owain, and Nah are definitely my faves.

Male: I'm pretty torn between Inigo and Owain...Owain is just slightly ahead though

Female: Severa (obviously). I like Noire too.

Your Laguz racism is showing.

Tch... You found me out. But yeah, I felt Taguels were too much of a Laguz retread (and Manaketes being better in damn near every way doesn't help).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Lucina: I'm gonna be honest. I don't see what the big deal about Lucina is. I find her pretty bland character-wise

I know she kicks ass gameplay-wise, but my only pairs for Chrom in my game were with Maribelle and Olivia. And they make the worst Lucinas. I'll pair him with Sully next time, perhaps.

Male Morgan: I know Morgan is excluded, both male and female, but I feel like talking about the two anyway since I'm judging everyone gameplay-wise and character-wise: As for Male Morgan, I like him better than Female Morgan, but I still don't like him too much. At least he's making a good bow knight in my bow run. I'll have to read more of his supports.

Female Morgan: There's just something that REALLY irritates me about her. Even though I like her supports with whatever sibling she has, I just...don't like her. Great unit no matter what, but holy wow, is she a pain.

Owain: I like him. What a bro. His supports are hilarious, and if training Lissa wasn't a pain in the ass, I feel he'd be a better unit, too. I'm pairing Vaike/Lissa in my next file to see how Owain will fare.

Kjelle: She's alright. She made me laugh in her supports, and apparently Chrom/Sully makes a damn good Kjelle. I haven't used her before, but I like her.

Laurent: Definitely one of my favorite characters in the game. It's cool how he isn't a male Miriel, but he has his own personality quirks that make him unintentionally hilarious in his supports. Not to mention he's a pretty rad unit when Miriel and her husband get going.

Cynthia: I like her. She's pretty cute, and her dialogue makes me chuckle (PEGA-PONY PRINCESS). I can't wait to pair Henry/Sumia in my new file tomorrow. I can't wait to see Cynthia with white-hair and her wrecking the entire battlefield with Galeforce tucked under her belt.

Brady: Definitely my second favorite character in the game, most likely (#1 will be talked about soon). BRADY. WHY CAN'T YOU BE A GOOD UNIT AND HAVE MORE UTILITY THAN BEING A WARD/RESCUE BOT. YOUR CHARACTER IS SO BRILLIANT I ALWAYS PAIR MARIBELLE JUST TO RECRUIT YOU. *clears throat* Anyway, as I said, I think his character is great, and I wish he were a better unit.

Yarne: I like this guy. In a way I can see some of my personality in this guy; we both don't like picking fights, but we would to help out, or something like that. Donnel/Panne in one of my files made this guy an absolute demon bunny.

Severa: My favorite character in the game. She's very attractive. Her personality may be bratty in a way (especially in her supports with her father), but I love her snarkiness so much I don't even care. Sure, I understand other people's reasons for disliking Severa, but man oh man, I could never dislike her. She's also different from other tsunderes (a type of character I'm not really a fan of), which is another reason why I like her. Gameplay-wise, I purposely stall so Cordelia can get Galeforce, and whoever's her father (usually Lon'qu) passes down an awesome skill (I should've waited for Swordfaire, but she reclasses to Myrmidon anyway.). She wrecks the game right when she joins around Chapter 15 with such high stats, and I made it a tradition from my current file on to always marry my Avatar to her (if not, he's getting hitched with Cherche or Sumia). So yeah. She's my favorite Gen II character. I think that's enough worship.

Nah: I like her. I remember in my first file how she was pretty much my thief due to Gaius/Nowi, and Gaius was really crappy then and sat on the bench for the rest of the game (Not like FE13 chests are important. The game supplies you with everything you'll ever need.). She's pretty funny in supports, and I think she's pretty cool. Great unit, too.

Noire: I like her. Her...split personality strikes me as odd, but I find her endearing anyway, so whatever. Oh, and she's an archer. Bonus points. And she's cute. More bonus points. I don't like how she was used as a test subject for her mother, though. That made me raise an eyebrow. She isn't really good ingame, too, without favoritism. Overall, she's pretty cool.

Inigo: I'm...not really a fan of this guy. I think he's a tool, and I don't find him all that funny. Sure, he has a good heart and a hot mom, but...Olivia kinda sucks at gaining levels unless she's reclassed (and I'm never reclassing her because Dancer/10), which makes him not so good for me ingame (though he always gets great levels). He's lucky I ritually pair Chrom/Olivia. Overall, I don't like Inigo.

Gerome: Definitely one of my favorites. He's an amazing unit (Stahl/Cherche does wonders for him), and his personality isn't like most 'loner' type characters (Minervykins~). There's just something about Gerome I find really cool, and he's definitely gonna have a part in my Lunatic file. Also, Gerome/Cynthia OTP.

So overall:

1. Severa

2. Brady

3. Gerome

4. Laurent

5. Owain or Yarne

My top 5 children characters.

Pegs-pony-princess... Dat localization Xb

I always thought of me and Brady as, at the very least, similar. IRL I look a little thuggish at times, haircut combined with thick face tends to set people off, but I wouldn't hurt a fly. I don't cry though, like, ever (manly weeping when emmeryn fell off the dragon skull, manly weeping). Oddly, my Brady is a dark knight, no staffs, he's powerful when raised right.

Agreed on Inigo, take rightful king and go, get outta here!

Never got to Yarne, levelling up panne is no fun. Them wyvern rider skills, just can't decide...

I appreciate the long response, thanks for writing it. All the other insights are very interesting...

Oh, I kinda agree on Lucina for personality. If we look at the children entirely on their personalities, Lucina is not on my favorites list. I only listed her because she turned out great for me... then again, that's not surprising considering my pairings. Also, if you found Maribelle and Olivia as bad mothers for Lucina... do female Avatar. ...Too bad you do male runs more though? Though if you married Maribelle, you probably saw that yandere!Sumia glitch in chapter 13.

I think the hype for female Morgan is kinda overrated, but then I guess the same can be said for male, huh. About Manakete!Morgan and whatnot. Eh. I'd only go for Olivia!Morgan... but that's for another thread.

Wow, I can't say I've seen male Morgan in months now, I'm fairly sure I noticed his voice was the same as my second male avatar. Sorry for being kind of sexist there, I never really remember male Morgan beyond the fact that I shipped him off with Noire. I also didn't mean to sound like EVERYBODY AND THERE DOG'S favorite child was morgan, I've been here a week and i have a lot to learn.

Oh, I think he shares the same seiyuu as a male Avatar. Morgan has Yoshimasa Hosoya and it seems you can choose the same one for male Avatar. But oh no, don't worry, I didn't think you were assuming everyone's favorite child would be Morgan. I kinda understand why you might wanna exclude him? Or maybe I think I do because Morgan can be so useful...

And from an earlier post, Noire can be pretty cute too! With her bipolar personality. It's really too bad I'm not particularly fond of using Archers (even though I can always reclass her, but maybe I will in my Hard run).

I never used Panne LOL. In my main file (which is Normal), I paired Panne up with Donny so that sorta helped Yarne there... but I still didn't use Yarne. I dunno. He didn't appeal to me much in any sense.

Edited by Cordelia

Probably Inigo or Cynthia for my favorite? But I love most everybody in the second gen so that's a very tentative call. ;__; I really like the kids.

Aye, it was tough for me as well.

Since I've added very little to this conversation by posting this reply, i'll put out the question of strongest child.

First file: Laurent. Third file: Brady

Let's skip my sad excuse for a second file... Because lunatic is hard...

Pegs-pony-princess... Dat localization Xb

I always thought of me and Brady as, at the very least, similar. IRL I look a little thuggish at times, haircut combined with thick face tends to set people off, but I wouldn't hurt a fly. I don't cry though, like, ever (manly weeping when emmeryn fell off the dragon skull, manly weeping). Oddly, my Brady is a dark knight, no staffs, he's powerful when raised right.

Agreed on Inigo, take rightful king and go, get outta here!

Never got to Yarne, levelling up panne is no fun. Them wyvern rider skills, just can't decide...

I appreciate the long response, thanks for writing it. All the other insights are very interesting...

The translation was brilliant. Kudos Nintendo and Intelligent Systems.

I'm planning on making the best Brady ever. With Noire as his wife. I'm gonna purposelly stall for Maribelle to level up, and she'll marry Libra, or something. Either way, Brady's gonna be amazing. This'll be a file when I don't play efficiency for once. XD

Exactly. And I like his conversation with Chrom (father). Pretty endearing, actually. If only Inigo didn't annoy me.

Yarne is worth it, and Panne's pretty much the best unit in the game (HM-wise, and assuming she's reclassed to Wyvern Rider). I say go for it next time, man. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

Not a problem. I love talking about things I'm able to take part in. Seems like my response is appreciated, too. Feels nice.

Oh, I kinda agree on Lucina for personality. If we look at the children entirely on their personalities, Lucina is not on my favorites list. I only listed her because she turned out great for me... then again, that's not surprising considering my pairings. Also, if you found Maribelle and Olivia as bad mothers for Lucina... do female Avatar. ...Too bad you do male runs more though? Though if you married Maribelle, you probably saw that yandere!Sumia glitch in chapter 13.

I think the hype for female Morgan is kinda overrated, but then I guess the same can be said for male, huh. About Manakete!Morgan and whatnot. Eh. I'd only go for Olivia!Morgan... but that's for another thread.

Lucina's an example of a lord who kicks tons of ass in battle, but has a pretty meh personality (Marth, Sigurd, Seliph, FE10!Ike). If only she were more interesting.

No no, Maribelle and Olivia are alright moms for Lucina. And haha, I should really do more female Avatar runs more, since they're typically better for both Morgan and Lucina. In my next one, I'll pair her with Chrom. After that, trading off between Stahl and Gerome because why not. lol Yandere!Sumia

I just....don't like either Morgan too much, as stated. One of these days, I'm trying out Manakete!Morgan, though. I actually like Nowi enough to try it.

Lucina will always be my favorite; I'm really glad she holds her own as a strong Lord character, a position usually dominated by males. She now joins Eirika and Lyn as one of my fave female lords. Plus, she's my daughter to boot; how can I not have a soft spot for her with all the shit she's been through? ^_^

My second favorite though is a tie between Inigo and Severa. I really like both of their characters; I'm sad they didn't get more screen time to develop them. I love their character designs as well, and I love Inigo's voice; its very deep and attractive IMO. I can't decide which one I like more, so I guess it helps that I ship them together as my fave second gen OTP. :D

Edited by Silver Lightning

Wow, a whole Goshdarn page of replies...

I'm shocked, nay, thrilled, that so many people can stop to give me new insights on the characters I've come to love over the last three months...

Thank you all for replying, I really appreciate it!

I know she kicks ass gameplay-wise, but my only pairs for Chrom in my game were with Maribelle and Olivia. And they make the worst Lucinas.

She's considered the best one gameplay-wise if not FeMU for Chrom.

I'm sort of offended.

If you guys are going to stab me with a knife mentally, I'd at least appreciate it if you knew what you were talking about. :p

She's considered the best one gameplay-wise if not FeMU for Chrom.

I'm sort of offended.

She is? Huh.

I'm getting some of this info from the tier list. >_> And besides, the reason why I'm not so keen on Olivia!Lucina is because it's gonna take a lot of effort to get Lucina the skills and stats she wants with Olivia as her mother. Not to mention I play LTC and effiency, usually. Not really much of a casual player.

Edited by Zeem