Best/ Favorite Child (excluding Morgan)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the famous people, ALL OF THEM...

Even Rey... EeheehEEHEEH!

Thanks for reading and replying, it's cool to have people I know from YouTube read my little post, let alone reply to it.

She's considered the best one gameplay-wise if not FeMU for Chrom.

I'm sort of offended.

If you guys are going to stab me with a knife mentally, I'd at least appreciate it if you knew what you were talking about. :p

Huh, Personally, I'm not sold - pairing Olivia with Chrom places too much of a constraint on the player to ultimately be worth it, IMO.

Lucina's an example of a lord who kicks tons of ass in battle, but has a pretty meh personality (Marth, Sigurd, Seliph, FE10!Ike). If only she were more interesting.

No no, Maribelle and Olivia are alright moms for Lucina. And haha, I should really do more female Avatar runs more, since they're typically better for both Morgan and Lucina. In my next one, I'll pair her with Chrom. After that, trading off between Stahl and Gerome because why not. lol Yandere!Sumia

I just....don't like either Morgan too much, as stated. One of these days, I'm trying out Manakete!Morgan, though. I actually like Nowi enough to try it.

It's not so much as having a bland or meh personality for me than her... well, 'obsessing' over her father that kinda annoys me. I understand she went through a lot and having to lose both your parents will be tough on any kid, but, eh... I'm a cruel, I guess, so what can I say.

and honestly, I can't say I'd give Lucina any other mothers than female Avatar or Olivia... but I already stole Olivia for my male Avatar. That Lucina will suck. But it's nice to see the confirmation on Olivia being one of the better mothers for Lucina in here again.

Oh, and thank goodness you will have a Nowi!Morgan than the usual choices of Tiki!Morgan. I don't see the hype in that. But I think this thread was supposed to exclude Morgans...so...

Edited by Cordelia

It's not so much as having a bland or meh personality for me than her... well, 'obsessing' over her father that kinda annoys me. I understand she went through a lot and having to lose both your parents will be tough on any kid, but, eh... I'm a cruel, I guess, so what can I say.

and honestly, I can't say I'd give Lucina any other mothers than female Avatar or Olivia... but I already stole Olivia for my male Avatar. That Lucina will suck. But it's nice to see the confirmation on Olivia being one of the better mothers for Lucina in here again.

Oh, and thank goodness you will have a Nowi!Morgan than the usual choices of Tiki!Morgan. I don't see the hype in that. But I think this thread was supposed to exclude Morgans...so...

She should be like Severa and completely resent and compete with Chrom.

Personally, Chrom/Olivia is probably my favorite pairing for the both of them. I like how different it is from Chrom's other three pairings, and I feel Olivia makes a better mother for Lucina than the other two, in my eyes.

I like Nowi more than Tiki. XD And I didn't even know there WAS hype for Tiki!Morgan. But yeah, you're right. It's not hurting to discuss some of the pairings, though.

She should be like Severa and completely resent and compete with Chrom.

Personally, Chrom/Olivia is probably my favorite pairing for the both of them. I like how different it is from Chrom's other three pairings, and I feel Olivia makes a better mother for Lucina than the other two, in my eyes.

I like Nowi more than Tiki. XD And I didn't even know there WAS hype for Tiki!Morgan. But yeah, you're right. It's not hurting to discuss some of the pairings, though.

Hahaha, no! I'm sorry, I know you like Severa, but I personally do not like her personality much. Not because she's a tsundere or anything, but... just... doesn't click with me. I only use her because she's been a great unit. Probably because I usually ended up training Cordelia (to pass down Galeforce).

And better than other two? Which other two candidates? Olivia can't beat female Avatar as a mother! Only because the Avatar can be anything she wants.

Well... I thought I read around people posting for passing Manakete from Tiki. Though I guess those Manakete!Morgans could have always been Nah. But Nowi works too. Tiki annoys me about her obsession with Marth but that's because I personally hate Marth.

Maybe I should post a list of kids I like, but it kinda varies depending on what I look at... as a unit or as a character. And some overlap. I do like Inigo too; he's funny.

Edited by Cordelia

Hmm... My favorite child besides Morgan would probably Severa... Considering that she can get all the weapon breakers in my Lunatic+/Classic file.

Dat breaker monopoly man, and priam thought he had it good, axe sword and lancebreakers, Ha!

Hahaha, no! I'm sorry, I know you like Severa, but I personally do not like her personality much. Not because she's a tsundere or anything, but... just... doesn't click with me. I only use her because she's been a great unit. Probably because I usually ended up training Cordelia (to pass down Galeforce).

And better than other two? Which other two candidates? Olivia can't beat female Avatar as a mother! Only because the Avatar can be anything she wants.

Well... I thought I read around people posting for passing Manakete from Tiki. Though I guess those Manakete!Morgans could have always been Nah. But Nowi works too. Tiki annoys me about her obsession with Marth but that's because I personally hate Marth.

Maybe I should post a list of kids I like, but it kinda varies depending on what I look at... as a unit or as a character. And some overlap. I do like Inigo too; he's funny.

Haha, I can understand why Severa gets some flak. Her personality just appeals to me because I can relate to her, in a way (go deadpan snarkers).

Female Avatar probably is the best mother for Lucina, now that I think about it. It makes a lot of sense for her to be, and she's the one that passes down everything to Lucina. The idea of Olivia being Lucina's mother, though, seems a lot more interesting to me than Sumia, Sully, or Maribelle having her spot.

I want to make Nah amazing, so that's why I'm pairing an Avatar with Nowi in my next playthrough. Super Manakete Sisters go.

You should make a post evaluating every kid like I did.

Severa.

I love how she's an ass to everyone, it really brings something fresh to the whole "hey we're totally buddy guy pals" in most other supports and all of her A/S ranks make me "d'awwwwww"

Although Inigo could impregnate girls with the sound of his voice, so they're tied for me.

Edited by PKLucas531

Olivia passes down pretty good classes and modifiers to Lucina, to my understanding. Although in all honesty I do Chrom/Olivia because I like the idea of Inigo being Chrom's son and think his father supports with anyone else (besides Henry, who doesn't mention Lucina once) is a little strange.

Also, I just like Laurent. I feel that he's rather underrated, but he's awesome in my opinion.

It's because Severa is a tsundere. :3

I would've married my avatar to Severa but... Lucina could give Morgan (F) Aether and I like Aether because it's OP. :3

Edit: Blue hair Morgan (F) looks better imo.

Edited by Linkmstr

Also, I just like Laurent. I feel that he's rather underrated, but he's awesome in my opinion.

He is underrated. sad

Toss-up between Owain and Brady for me, with Cynthia coming up as a close third. Brady gets bonus points with me for being much like the group leader in a D&D campaign I'm in. Meanwhile, Owan and Cynthia have the best role-playing lines.

I didn't like Noire and her allocated character quirk when I first saw her, but she's grown on me a lot now that she has a sister in my second run. Goodness, she needs one.

-

For clarification, Olivia!Lucina is great for postgame, but really bad for campaign. Class choices are fantastic, but the bases she gets will be awful. Not to mention the whole restraints put on to get Chrom to marry Olivia in the first place.

Female: Lucina, not only because I'm a Chrom fangirl, it's also because I like her character overall, both design and personality. And she is awesome in battle. Cynthia and Nah are close seconds though.

Males: I'd have to pick Owain and Morgan, though Inigo and Gerome aren't too far behind. I just like the personalities of those two, I find them pretty funny

Male = Brady. I love his personality. He's just so empathetic and frankly understandable, growing up with Maribelle and being surrounded by tales of heroes and greatness, so I think his personality is spot-on. This was juxtaposed to his battle prowess - he got 3rd place in wins in my first playthrough - which only made him seem more likable by comparison. I just kept wanting to make him stronger so he'd grow a little faith... And then I had no idea who to pair him with because he just works with so many of the options (Cynthia & his supports are cute, Severa & his supports are understandable, Noire & his supports are adorable)...

Yeah, I'm going with Brady. Brady all the way.

Female = Cynthia. It's a close call between her, Noire, and Severa, but I recruited her first and I love her attitude. Her voice and character are a great clash to the rest of the stick-in-the-mud children from the glum future *coughgeromecough*, which makes her really refreshing to use. Plus, she's fairly broken, coming from Sumia with that Speed.

And then I really like Noire and Severa - Noire because I want to shield her from all the horrible things her mother did to her, and Severa because I feel her personality is really spot-on as well. My next favorite male would be Laurent, as he's also very nice despite the horrible 5-year-wait he had to go through.

Male = Brady. I love his personality. He's just so empathetic and frankly understandable, growing up with Maribelle and being surrounded by tales of heroes and greatness, so I think his personality is spot-on. This was juxtaposed to his battle prowess - he got 3rd place in wins in my first playthrough - which only made him seem more likable by comparison. I just kept wanting to make him stronger so he'd grow a little faith... And then I had no idea who to pair him with because he just works with so many of the options (Cynthia & his supports are cute, Severa & his supports are understandable, Noire & his supports are adorable)...

Female = Cynthia. It's a close call between her, Noire, and Severa, but I recruited her first and I love her attitude. Her voice and character are a great clash to the rest of the stick-in-the-mud children from the glum future *coughgeromecough*, which makes her really refreshing to use. Plus, she's fairly broken, coming from Sumia with that Speed.

And then I really like Noire and Severa - Noire because I want to shield her from all the horrible things her mother did to her, and Severa because I feel her personality is really spot-on as well. My next favorite male would be Laurent, as he's also very nice despite the horrible 5-year-wait he had to go through.

It's hard not to like Cynthia's happy wannabe hero personality, it's infectiously cheerful.

Finally! Someone else, not me, has Brady as favorite male child. Whooo!

Haha, I can understand why Severa gets some flak. Her personality just appeals to me because I can relate to her, in a way (go deadpan snarkers).

Female Avatar probably is the best mother for Lucina, now that I think about it. It makes a lot of sense for her to be, and she's the one that passes down everything to Lucina. The idea of Olivia being Lucina's mother, though, seems a lot more interesting to me than Sumia, Sully, or Maribelle having her spot.

I want to make Nah amazing, so that's why I'm pairing an Avatar with Nowi in my next playthrough. Super Manakete Sisters go.

You should make a post evaluating every kid like I did.

Hahaha, of course, but that's probably why female Avatar is the best mother... the reason you listed. And well, everyone else already listed why Olivia is second best. I'll never pick Sully or Maribelle.

Honestly, getting Chrom and Olivia together isn't that hard if you ask me. At first I thought it would be, but then I feel it's way easier if you're playing as a male Avatar. Chrom/Avatar is always a formidable duo regardless of gender, so you can pretty much wipe the maps with those two. And then when chapter 11 comes, you just glue Chrom and Olivia... it seems you don't even need to marry off Chrom's other candidates. I don't see how hard it is, but I guess it still takes more effort. Meh, but I could be sprouting nonsense because I never tried it.

And if I do an evaulation... well, it might be lengthy. ;; Not only that, I can't evaluate every children because I haven't used them all yet! I guess I can try~ ...when I think of what to write up, hahaha. I'll think about it while I heat up my lunch!dinner.

It's because Severa is a tsundere. :3

I would've married my avatar to Severa but... Lucina could give Morgan (F) Aether and I like Aether because it's OP. :3

Edit: Blue hair Morgan (F) looks better imo.

No! I disgree! Pink-haired Morgan (F)! From Olivia too. <3

No! I disgree! Pink-haired Morgan (F)! From Olivia too. <3

Pink-haired Morgan (F) comes in second on my list. I might make a Normal/Classic run with my Male MU marrying Olivia instead...

I totally agree with your entire post. Especially the point brought up on Laurent.

Hahaha, of course, but that's probably why female Avatar is the best mother... the reason you listed. And well, everyone else already listed why Olivia is second best. I'll never pick Sully or Maribelle.

Honestly, getting Chrom and Olivia together isn't that hard if you ask me. At first I thought it would be, but then I feel it's way easier if you're playing as a male Avatar. Chrom/Avatar is always a formidable duo regardless of gender, so you can pretty much wipe the maps with those two. And then when chapter 11 comes, you just glue Chrom and Olivia... it seems you don't even need to marry off Chrom's other candidates. I don't see how hard it is, but I guess it still takes more effort. Meh, but I could be sprouting nonsense because I never tried it.

And if I do an evaulation... well, it might be lengthy. ;; Not only that, I can't evaluate every children because I haven't used them all yet! I guess I can try~ ...when I think of what to write up, hahaha. I'll think about it while I heat up my lunch!dinner.

I just don't think Chrom and Sully fit the bill. Something about those two together just doesn't seem right.

Marrying Chrom/Olivia isn't too bad. Chrom needs to get in at least five fights, or something. Alternatively, Olivia can just dance for him in a corner.

I think we're all interested in what you have to say. Evaluations are always cool to read.