Best/ Favorite Child (excluding Morgan)

You should make a post evaluating every kid like I did.

Kay

Lucina: She's very pretty. Great unit.

Morgan: Female version is adorable. I just wanna give her a great big hug. I know little of the male version. potentially the best unit in the game.

Owain: Hilarious. That is all. He's a good unit, although less useful then others I've found

Kjelle: Originally I didn't think I'd like her, but I did. Megatank.

Laurent: Personality wise he's okay. I'd be his friend. Awesome magic user.

Cynthia: kinda like a girl Owain, hilarious. Unfortunantly she's the only character in the game whose voice I don't really like. I don't make a big deal over it though. I made her into a pretty good cavelier.

Brady: YOU GOT YOUR PERSONA 4 IN MY FIRE EMBLEM! I like it. Just like Kanji he's hilarious. He makes an awesome sage too.

Yarne: Funny guy. I never really expiramented around with him enough though, so whether he's good or not is unknown to me (though considering he's second gen he probably is).

Severa: I find her to be cute. i brush off the insults and sarcasm and find a sweety underneath.... and a natural born killer.

Nah: Cute kid. she's pretty strong. That is all.

Noire: Haven't recruited her yet so I forbid myself from forming an opinion.

Inigo: A goofball. Gotta love Liam O'brien's voice. A decent enough character.

Gerome: A bit dickish really, but whatever. Wyvern riders rock (say that 5 times fast).

My favs (excluding Morgan) are probably Owain, Brady, and severa.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owain's my favorite personality wise but I cant stand him as a unit. Lon'qu and Yen'fay are both better Swordmasters. He makes a good mage but it just doesn't feel right.

Brady's my next favorite and he benefits from not being statistically confused like Owain.

Severa's my favorite of the girls -I'm not entirely sure why other than the fact that female heroes are <3

Every other kid is at the same level of awesome for me but those three stand out.

I don't use Morgan.

Kay

Lucina: She's very pretty. Great unit.

Morgan: Female version is adorable. I just wanna give her a great big hug. I know little of the male version. potentially the best unit in the game.

Owain: Hilarious. That is all. He's a good unit, although less useful then others I've found

Kjelle: Originally I didn't think I'd like her, but I did. Megatank.

Laurent: Personality wise he's okay. I'd be his friend. Awesome magic user.

Cynthia: kinda like a girl Owain, hilarious. Unfortunantly she's the only character in the game whose voice I don't really like. I don't make a big deal over it though. I made her into a pretty good cavelier.

Brady: YOU GOT YOUR PERSONA 4 IN MY FIRE EMBLEM! I like it. Just like Kanji he's hilarious. He makes an awesome sage too.

Yarne: Funny guy. I never really expiramented around with him enough though, so whether he's good or not is unknown to me (though considering he's second gen he probably is).

Severa: I find her to be cute. i brush off the insults and sarcasm and find a sweety underneath.... and a natural born killer.

Nah: Cute kid. she's pretty strong. That is all.

Noire: Haven't recruited her yet so I forbid myself from forming an opinion.

Inigo: A goofball. Gotta love Liam O'brien's voice. A decent enough character.

Gerome: A bit dickish really, but whatever. Wyvern riders rock (say that 5 times fast).

My favs (excluding Morgan) are probably Owain, Brady, and severa.

That's quite a fine list in my opinion, I'd suggest scooping up my little sweety-pie, she makes for quite a unit when paired with good parents and/or a good husband

Owain's my favorite personality wise but I cant stand him as a unit. Lon'qu and Yen'fay are both better Swordmasters. He makes a good mage but it just doesn't feel right.

Brady's my next favorite and he benefits from not being statistically confused like Owain.

Severa's my favorite of the girls -I'm not entirely sure why other than the fact that female heroes are <3

Every other kid is at the same level of awesome for me but those three stand out.

I don't use Morgan.

Now that is interesting... What don't you like about her? Personality? Oh wait, could be a him... I just find male Morgan annoying, what about you? Who is Morgan's other parent?

I agree with you completely on the brady/owain thing, lissa, being a magic character producing a physical child, it doesn't work without, say, kellam, as the father (that's probably impossible, isn't it?)

Hey, don't most of us love our little tsun? The little twerp grows on us after the five-hundreth battle or do.

I think I may have just asked a bazillion questions instead of actually replying, sorry!

Marrying Chrom/Olivia isn't too bad. Chrom needs to get in at least five fights, or something. Alternatively, Olivia can just dance for him in a corner.

I think we're all interested in what you have to say. Evaluations are always cool to read.

I tested Chrom/Olivia's pairing priority once. I think shadowofchaos and some other people said they'd do tests of their own, but I found that if you get all of Chrom's possible wives enough points to unlock a C support, but don't actually watch the support, then get Olivia enough points with him on chapter 11, she has the highest priority. And yeah, it's probably easier with male Avatar since you don't have to hold back on activating his supports with Avatar then.

I tested Chrom/Olivia's pairing priority once. I think shadowofchaos and some other people said they'd do tests of their own, but I found that if you get all of Chrom's possible wives enough points to unlock a C support, but don't actually watch the support, then get Olivia enough points with him on chapter 11, she has the highest priority. And yeah, it's probably easier with male Avatar since you don't have to hold back on activating his supports with Avatar then.

I just had Olivia dance for Chrom for fifty or so turns, and then bam! Marriage

Female: Severa, Lucina, and Cynthia in that order.

Male: Inigo and Brady.

Severa: I love Severa! She's super cute and a sweetie. I also like how she's one of the strongest 2nd gen units. Cordelia is my favorite 1st gen character.

Lucina: I really like her character design, I think she's really pretty. I love her fighting style as a Great Lord.

Cynthia: Cynthia is such a cute and klutzy hero. Pega pony princess! I also like her supports with Severa.

Inigo: I think he's cute when he gets shy like his mom. I also really like both his English and Japanese voice. He's also a great 2nd gen unit and it's hard to mess him up.

Brady: I really like his sensitivity and he's cute. <3

For clarification, Olivia!Lucina is great for postgame, but really bad for campaign. Class choices are fantastic, but the bases she gets will be awful. Not to mention the whole restraints put on to get Chrom to marry Olivia in the first place.

Yeah.. the constraints are the main problem I have with it, really. Also, Swordfaire is about the only thing of note from the Myrm class tree.

Hahaha, of course, but that's probably why female Avatar is the best mother... the reason you listed. And well, everyone else already listed why Olivia is second best. I'll never pick Sully or Maribelle.

Honestly, getting Chrom and Olivia together isn't that hard if you ask me. At first I thought it would be, but then I feel it's way easier if you're playing as a male Avatar. Chrom/Avatar is always a formidable duo regardless of gender, so you can pretty much wipe the maps with those two. And then when chapter 11 comes, you just glue Chrom and Olivia... it seems you don't even need to marry off Chrom's other candidates. I don't see how hard it is, but I guess it still takes more effort. Meh, but I could be sprouting nonsense because I never tried it.

Well, I suppose I could agree that it's not too hard, but having to duo with Chrom and a male Avatar until Olivia joins just sounds... boring. Also, I'd have reservations about pairing Chrom and Olivia on any difficulty above Hard.

I think my fave is pretty clear :P

Second favourite though is probably Severa, who happens to be my daughter. Cuz female Hero yes. At first her personality turned me off but her supports make her more likable.

I'm gonna rank them cuz I can:

Owain

Severa

Kjelle

Gerome

Lucina

Brady

Inigo

Cynthia

Morgan

Yarne

Laurent

Nah

Noire

Sorry Morgan, you're pretty low on my list

Yeah, I remember your thread about that. I'd like to know exactly how many fights Chrom has to enter paired up or adjacent to/with Olivia/how many times Olivia has to dance for him for her to activate her C support with him.

I'll just gonna say my opinion on every kids.

Lucina - A pretty great character. I wish she didn't act like a jerk to FeMU who isn't her mother though :v

Owain - He's hilarious and badass at the same time. And his large hams. No wonder many people liked him.

Inigo - He's the first kid that stoods out on me. He's also quite funny in some of the supports.

Brady - Haven't seen much about him yet but he seems great.

Kjelle - Love her interactions with Severa(especially in Summer Scramble with the faux truth serum). Also, her C support with her dad is hilarious.

Cynthia - 3 words: Pega. Pony. Princess.

In all seriousness, she's hilarious, and her with Owain is just a perfect match. And her support convos with Gerome is somewhat cute.

Severa - I like her support with Laurent and she's sometimes hilarious. I guess her personality is not really favorable but to think that she came from Cordelia(and the fact she makes a great unit), I couldn't hate her. And her convos with her mom is somewhat heartwarming.

Gerome - His lone wolf personality is probably a bit too much. To be honest I don't really like him as much as the other kids, but his support convos are great(especially with Cynthia and Lucina).

Morgan - I like Male Morgan more than Female Morgan, both aesthetically and personality(although FeMorgan has "Hubba hubba awooo-ga!" and other shenanigans which makes her hilarious).

Yarne - Again, haven't seen much about him but I guess he's likeable.

Laurent - He's underrated. I like his support with Severa and Noire(who would expect a side of maso from him?). Although he's a lesser Miriel(she's great), but he's more humane and doesn't sound too scientific as her mom, which makes him interesting. also blonde!Laurent look like Colress

Noire - 3 words: Blood. And. Thunder.

She really grew on me. Her inner demon is hilarious, I can't help but giggle when the inner demon appeared. Also, she's pretty decent on her normal persona, but I really like her inner demon persona. It's what makes her grew on me.

Nah - Her support with Morgan was cute, especially the S support("She(Naga) said to get a room."). Although she's sometimes serious, she also have a childish side which doesn't make her all-serious girl.

Overall, I like Inigo and Noire the most, with Lucina and Owain as runner-ups.

My top three female and male children (in no order):

Females: Morgan, Lucina, and Severa.

Males: Inigo, Brady, and Laurent.

Morgan: Because she's my MU's daughter and she's basically the strongest unit in my whole team. Also, her supports with every character are hilarious. Especially at the part where she said that she's sadistic towards cute things. (Poor Yarne).

Lucina: She's my MU's waifu and she gives Morgan (F) Aether. Her character designs were interesting. Especially when she wears her mask to disguise herself as "Marth" which I wish there was an option for to switch her appearance, but oh well. She activates Aether a lot more often than Chrom and she has the "Parallel Falchion" which helps a lot against the battle with Grima. Also, she has a pretty high speed when her mother is Sumia.

Severa: She's a tsundere. The way she speaks towards others has a lot of meanings. Her design looks well-made. Her rivalry with Cynthia was fun to read imo. Also, she just wants to be with others.

Inigo: Great guy. His devotion to keep practicing on improving his dancing in memory of his real mother in the future. He gets shy sometimes, but not as often as his mother. He's very apologetic towards everyone when he feels that he did something bad towards them. Like how he apologizes to his father and Lucina in his conversations with them.

Brady: His voice is like Kanji's. He's a softy on the inside. He cares for many things. He's talented in many things. He loves playing music (like I do) and he's dedicated to it.

Laurent: He's been through a lot by himself. He went back in time and landed 5 years before everyone else and was lonely throughout those years. He's a smart and strong young fellow. Even at times when he was alone in a different world/time, he still kept going and eventually met up with everyone. He also has the big hat which I really like because it suits him really well. :3

Edited by Linkmstr

I just don't think Chrom and Sully fit the bill. Something about those two together just doesn't seem right.

Marrying Chrom/Olivia isn't too bad. Chrom needs to get in at least five fights, or something. Alternatively, Olivia can just dance for him in a corner.

I think we're all interested in what you have to say. Evaluations are always cool to read.

For me, that applies to Maribelle too!! But yeah, I agree for Sully... even if the Chrom/Sully supporters in that poll for Chrom's pairing/waifu said they were childhood friends, but it still...doesn't stand with me. I'd even do Maribelle for him if I HAD to and see yandere!Sumia.

And maybe a brief one. My brain is kinda fried right now from work and personal crap.

Ooh, did you upload a video of that? But definitely male Avatar is easier to get Chrom/Olivia married regardless. Chrom can still do well in battle with that pair-up and still marry Olivia AND not hinder the chapters completion.

Well, okay... some evaluation... of some children... minus Morgans......

Lucina: my daughter. I don't really like her personality at times because, as I said in my earlier posts, her...obsession (for a lack of a better word at the moment) with her father kinda... irks me.I understand she came from a bleak future and losing both your parents (though for me, it'd be losing one parent because of your other parent) can and is hard, but... still. Though I guess with what she said at the end of chapter 13 with how everything just poured out, I guess I can't really blame her. But some of her supports were entertaining and made me see her in a different light. I loved her sibling support with Morgan.

As a unit, she was superb and pretty epic. On my normal run (since I can't evaluate her on my Hard yet), she was able to solo crap with her then-husbando Owain as a pair-up partner on like, LB3 map. Or one side of R&R3 map. She's a well-rounded unit for me, perhaps because her mother is the female Avatar. She was also a Bride on my Normal run and she could still dodge stuff if I had her equipped with a Bow last before the enemy phase.

Owain: I find him VERY entertaining with his references of past FE games, like RD. And the conversation he has with Lissa after recruiting him and completing the map shows he can be...well, considerate? He was able to comfort Lissa that she was still of royal blood by proving he had the Brand of the Exalt. I mostly found him really funny and entertaining as a personality. I didn't unlock that many supports for him, but I still liked his supports. His imagination is pretty wild, but that makes him adorable too. Though I guess some might think that's "out there", but eh, maybe cause I can sometimes relate lol? Mostly because he really brings the past FE games into Awakening, ahaha. Like, quite literally.

As a unit... well, I can't say I'll give him much justice since he became mostly a pair-up partner for Lucina later in my run. But he was still a really strong unit and he could do well...on his own without pairing up... HOWEVER, this was on Normal mode. I haven't gotten him on Hard yet, but I'm also taking my time.

Severa: I can't say I'm fond of her personality, perhaps because her first father for me was Stahl and I didn't like the way she treated him in most of their supports. I know she's a tsundere and all, but... I still felt it was kinda unfair. I don't have anything against tsunderes -- gods no, I liked Ai from Oreshura anime. But something about her just didn't really click with me, is what I can really say. I have absolutely nothing against tsunderes.

As a unit, she was great too. Even if I didn't train her father and only Cordelia (until I got the kids), her stats grew magnificently. She could kill stuff on her own (with a pair, since I ALWAYS play as paired up) on even the Endgame map... It can't be that much different on Hard, I think? But I'll definitely always use her on my team though.

Cynthia: She's adorable, both her personality and her Japanese voice. I...honestly forgot how her English voice sounds like, but I don't wanna go back to it either. I know I read people saying she sounds annoying in Japanese, but I personally think it's absolutely adorable! And the way she's as clumsy as her mother is adorable too. Cause I'm also a total klutz. AND she's always been great as a unit for me, no matter who I paired Sumia with -- Henry or Frederick both worked for her. Although that might partially be due to the fact that I kept her as a Falcon Knight.

Gerome: I don't really have much to say about him except... my first impression was that he was sorta weird with his preoccupation with Minerva. But I guess that was inherited from his mother obviously. I dunno him that much from his other supports, but I think he's cute in his own way too. And with his support with Lucina, I found him kinda sad... as in, he seemed so lonely... But I can't really say much for him as a unit. He's kinda like his mother with his speed, but still better than her, I think. That's a thing for Wyvern Riders, I guess, though. He capped his Strength easily enough though.

Brady: I forgot someone said he was like Kanji from Persona 4 and... I still forgot until someone brought it up again in this thread. He so is, when I think about it! But otherwise, I think his personality is alright... not too interesting, not too boring. I'm kinda neutral towards him. Though I guess for whoever gets the reference, summing him up as being like Kanji is good enough for me. I was also hesitant to use him but his Magic stat is freaking crazy so I started using him more. And of course, for Normal mode, I immediately reclassed him! To a Dark Mage --> Dark Knight.

Nah: At first, I thought she was some nonchalant girl who was cold to her own mother because she's childish and kinda cruel to her father (who's always been Lon'qu for me until my Hard run). And then I read her support with Morgan and realized she can be kinda sweet too. At the very least, I like how she looks in her human form when I keep her as a Manakete. It's pink enough for me. I have yet to use her enough to rate her as a unit on my scale.

Yarne: He's a chicken. Scaredy-cat. But I guess he's not so bad... I'm not sure why he is like that either. I'm not sure if I can say much about him because I never used him much. We'll see what I do on Hard... Not much to say.

Kjelle: I don't have much to say on her either... because I absolutely hate her mother and will never use her. Also because I kinda ended up benching her (Sully) due to the fact that 1) I used Stahl in my first play and forgot about Sully and 2) did I mention I absolutely hate Sully? But on my Normal/main file, I just married her randomly so Kjelle didn't turn out that great. However, she should be somewhat better on Hard since I've been using her father (Stahl) a bit more... so we'll see how she turns out here. But the fact that she can be rather similar to her mother is... a bit disturbing. Especially for me who hates Sully with a damn passion.

Noire: She's rather cute in her own...creepy...way. I like her bipolar personality and when she becomes the non-timid side, it's really entertaining / funny for me. Alas, as I said earlier, I didn't get to use her much because unfortunately, I'm not fond of using Archers (since they have 2-3 range and I like 1-2 range). So I can't really say anything about her as a unit.

Laurent: He's... like his mother. I never used Miriel before so I can't...say much about him... I guess he can be a bit better than his mother, but I honestly have nothing else to say about him. We'll see how well I can train either MIriel or Ricken for Laurent's bases, but I have nothing else to say to him.

Inigo: Though I personally do not like guys who are overly flirtatious like Inigo, I believe he said in his supports he wasn't always like that? But even then, the way he is like that is like a trait that is... just Inigo. He's still really cute and well, that brings a comedic side to him. I also like how he's shy and gets embarrassed like his mother. Though I kinda wished he could be a Dancer too. As a unit, I think he's still great... though I must admit I kinda used him mostly as a pair-up partner for his mother.

.............. That was a whole lotta text to type up. Gods. If you read all that, you deserve a cookie. I guess to sum it up, my favorites in terms of personalities are: (in no order whatsoever)

Lucina, Owain, Cynthia, Severa (as a unit only), Gerome, Brady, and Noire (personality). And Morgan, but he's been kinda excluded in the OP so that's why I still exclude him in my post. Though for BOTH personalities and being a unit, I have to say Cynthia and Morgan tops the list. Just not as a couple. I didn't find their S support to be romantic or anything. Good thing I didn't add in supports in my 'evaluation'. Or about their voices in Japanese. But I also didn't really find any of the Japanese voices to be annoying!

And @Levant: if/when I ever decide to play Lunatic, I personally would pair Chrom with female Avatar. But I think everyone and their moms would know that about me already.

Edit: the hell, I forgot about Inigo! I hope I didn't leave anyone else out now... PS, damn you, ZM, you made me type this up. xD

Edited by Cordelia

Project due dates and Finals kinda came up.

I have not forgotten this.

Huh, Personally, I'm not sold - pairing Olivia with Chrom places too much of a constraint on the player to ultimately be worth it, IMO.

Do you REALLY think I'm one to advocate that pairing?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah, I was looking on gamefaqs the other day and I think there were some Chrom/Olivia and Chrom/Sumia pairing questions that might have been referring to my thread. Maybe. Either way, I'll also test this myself after I start another feMU file.

Leader

Leader

Leader

Owain

(Or maybe Yarne)

Haha, was that from one of owain's supports? I never did much with the poor kid except make him a leif's blade bullion runner, because I play Fe like a boss, no DLC... No nada

Project due dates and Finals kinda came up.

I have not forgotten this.

Do you REALLY think I'm one to advocate that pairing?

clearly Rey is the premier shipper of ChromxOlivia :B):

clearly Rey is the premier shipper of ChromxOlivia :B):

I thought is was common knowledge that he pushed for those two through the great shipping war of 2013...

For me, that applies to Maribelle too!! But yeah, I agree for Sully... even if the Chrom/Sully supporters in that poll for Chrom's pairing/waifu said they were childhood friends, but it still...doesn't stand with me. I'd even do Maribelle for him if I HAD to and see yandere!Sumia.

And maybe a brief one. My brain is kinda fried right now from work and personal crap.

Edit: the hell, I forgot about Inigo! I hope I didn't leave anyone else out now... PS, damn you, ZM, you made me type this up. xD

Yandere!Sumia is always worth it.

Also, how did this Yandere!Sumia thing even start?

And haha, your evals were good, so I did a good deed!