Best/ Favorite Child (excluding Morgan)

Woahwoahwoah, chercheXhenry... Nasty... Ewww... Just... Why... SHE DESERVES BETTER THAN A PYSCHOPATH

First of all, I'd like it if you didn't call pairings I like "nasty" and "ew". I wouldn't do that to you ;/

Second of all, I think the supports are cute and that she gets through to him in his supports. She really became his friend and made him care for her. (And honestly, Henry comes to care for whoever he supports very, very much.) Plus, Henry's generic father support with Gerome is hilarious because of his quirks.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woahwoahwoah, chercheXhenry... Nasty... Ewww... Just... Why... SHE DESERVES BETTER THAN A PYSCHOPATH

Henry's not a psychopath. If you read Cherche/Henry supports, you'll learn more about his past history and realize he's had a really rough childhood. Plus, you can see they can be a really good match because they both love animals. Hell, not just with Cherche, you can see Henry's love for animals even in his support with Olivia.

And in any ending for Henry, he does become a really good father. Cherche/Henry's supports really show you where he's coming from. Then again, maybe another support shows it too or something else, but I've only had Henry married to Sumia and Cherche so far.

Edited by Cordelia

Apologies for the Henry confusion, I'm still new to internet type contact, and I've been known to spur out when something bothers me. I only moderatly like Henry due to his personality, I sympathize with the poor guy, but he's a level of dark you don't experience more than once a generation. I guess what I mean by this is sorry to all and anyone I may have offended by my post due to my ignorance and diarrhea of the keyboard.

Biggest ones to sangyul and cordelia for getting there first and keeping such a chill tone about it, chercheXhenry, it gets under my skin, I just shouldn't try to put it under other's, sorry again

Edited by SpikyRtG

That didn't make any damn sense. "Hector's Rage!" would have made more sense, considering it was "Hector's Rageaxe" in Japanese for that event tile axe.

Hmm... I didn't know that...

I ... don't know what to think about Noire. On the one hand, her mother is crazy and I really do feel bad for her about that. She just seems to have so many problems. On the other hand, bipolar people scare me and how dare you snap at my son Laurent when he's just trying to help! (On the subject of Tharja, however, I personally would not have my avatar marry her. Stalkers are not romantic and I don't like the way she treats her kid and her husband in Noire's supports. But excluding her stalking and stuff about Noire, she's not a bad character at all.)

Owain, Gerome, Inigo, and Lucina are my other favorite kids aside from Laurent. Owain just makes me laugh, Gerome's a mighty good unit (plus he's Henry's kid in most of my files), and Lucina is ... well, Lucina. I find all the children tolerable and I don't particularly dislike any of them (although some I don't like more than others), but everyone else I've not listed I don't feel a particular ... well, pull to.

I'd be pretty angry if I had some guy trying to take care of every little thing. I don't blame Noire for snapping like that.

Seeing as I'm still on my first playthrough and the only ones I've even managed to make exist are Morgan, Lucina, Yarne, Kjelle, and Severa... I'm inclined to pick Yarne, honestly more because of gameplay than anything else. I've found Lucina underwhelming (and as FeMU's child, no less) and haven't actually bothered to use Kjelle/Severa, though, so it isn't much of a choice. I did FredxPanne and Fred's not so great anymore, so Yarne had a support partner to grab, while Kjelle and Severa didn't.

Henry's not a psychopath. If you read Cherche/Henry supports, you'll learn more about his past history and realize he's had a really rough childhood. Plus, you can see they can be a really good match because they both love animals. Hell, not just with Cherche, you can see Henry's love for animals even in his support with Olivia.

And in any ending for Henry, he does become a really good father. Cherche/Henry's supports really show you where he's coming from. Then again, maybe another support shows it too or something else, but I've only had Henry married to Sumia and Cherche so far.

Gotta say, thats one thing that i hated(and loved at the same time) with Henry. IS tried to sold him off as a total nutjob psycopath but basically ALL of his supports are him being childish(Sumia A closing lines) or being extremely mature and everything that he talked about make a damn sense(see: Maribelle X Henry)

Gotta say, thats one thing that i hated(and loved at the same time) with Henry. IS tried to sold him off as a total nutjob psycopath but basically ALL of his supports are him being childish(Sumia A closing lines) or being extremely mature and everything that he talked about make a damn sense(see: Maribelle X Henry)

Hmm... I haven't gotten to Henry's conversations with Maribelle yet... I need to see him extremely mature now... Be right back. xD

Hmm... I haven't gotten to Henry's conversations with Maribelle yet... I need to see him extremely mature now... Be right back. xD

Not exactly mature

That one is more "he make so much sense it hurts"

Well, with Cherche wasn't THAT childish. I feel you learned a lot about Henry in his support with Cherche. And with Olivia, I don't think it was gonna get too bad but I think I only unlocked C with them, so I dunno. For Sumia, I guess it was kinda childish.

Seeing as I'm still on my first playthrough and the only ones I've even managed to make exist are Morgan, Lucina, Yarne, Kjelle, and Severa... I'm inclined to pick Yarne, honestly more because of gameplay than anything else. I've found Lucina underwhelming (and as FeMU's child, no less) and haven't actually bothered to use Kjelle/Severa, though, so it isn't much of a choice. I did FredxPanne and Fred's not so great anymore, so Yarne had a support partner to grab, while Kjelle and Severa didn't.

underwhelming? What lol...

underwhelming? What lol...

She showed up, had the worst defense on the team (buy a LOT), had the worst offense of any of my "main" units, lacked decent supports, and had the worst mobility on the team. Now, after babying, she has subpar defense, par offense, not super great supports, and still the worst mobility on the team (although I can't hold that last one against her since I chose not to make her a cavalier/dragon/pegasus kinght).

She showed up, had the worst defense on the team (buy a LOT), had the worst offense of any of my "main" units, lacked decent supports, and had the worst mobility on the team. Now, after babying, she has subpar defense, par offense, not super great supports, and still the worst mobility on the team (although I can't hold that last one against her since I chose not to make her a cavalier/dragon/pegasus kinght).

Well, technically, her starting stats depends on the parents' current stats. So If your stats for Chrom and FeMU are both at the 10s-30s, the stats for Lucina will obviously be pretty low at first. Since you mentioned that her Str, Def, and Mobility were "the worst on the team/main units" that would mean Chrom and/or FeMU's Str, Def, and mobility were both pretty low at that point of recruiting Lucina. Lucina's maxed out stats will be pretty high which are higher than both of her parents sometimes. All in all, it all depends mostly on the parents imo. Also, most of her supports are for the future children and parents just like every other future children in which they can only interact with themselves and their parents. Except Nah and Lucina where both of them can talk to Tiki, but that's only Nah and Lucina. It's like how the 1st gen units can't talk to the future children that aren't their own and there's more 1st gen units than there are future children.

Oh and Lucina can also switch to any class her gender permits her to just like the FeMU. Which makes Lucina even more OP considering she has the chance of getting all the weapon breakers and other skills.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the avatar can talk to all of the future children. And forgot about Lucina can talk to Tiki too...

Edited by Linkmstr

Well, technically, her starting stats depends on the parents' current stats. So If your stats for Chrom and FeMU are both at the 10s-30s, the stats for Lucina will obviously be pretty low at first. But her maxed out stats will be pretty high which are higher than both of her parents sometimes. Also, most of her supports are for the future children and her parents just like every other future children in which they can only interact with themselves and their parents. Except Nah who can also talk to Tiki, but that's only Nah and no one else. It's like how the 1st gen units can't talk to the future children that aren't their own and there's more 1st gen units than there are future children.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the avatar can talk to all of the future children. But that's about it.

Lucina can talk to Tiki.

Edited by Silver Lightning

See on my first run Lucina surpassed her dad within a chapter's time

It didn't help Chrom that he was horribly strength screwed nor did it help him that he was being support

by the time I'm at endgame Lucina had 46 strength (second highest on team after her mom's 52) and Chrom's still at 23

Hell she was only around 20 kills short of surpassing Sully as bronze despite joining 12 chapters later and this is a nogrind run and I used Sully a lot

Edited by Thor Odinson

See on my run Lucina surpassed her dad within a chapter's time

It didn't help Chrom that he was horribly strength screwed nor did it help him that he was being support

by the time I'm at endgame Lucina had 46 strength (second highest on team after her mom's 52) and Chrom's still at 23

Wow, poor Chrom... the RNG Goddess sure didn't like giving Chrom Str I guess...

He was a 20/10/5(i think) Bow Knight at that point but pretty sure most 20/10 Great Lord Chroms have over 30 strength or at least close to it

Not mine

Technically he has 27 but that's because I gave him 2 energy drops because his strength just sucked /that/ bad

I'm just glad he didn't pass that on to Lucina and she took after FeMU instead

See on my first run Lucina surpassed her dad within a chapter's time

Hell she was only around 20 kills short of surpassing Sully as bronze despite joining 12 chapters later and this is a nogrind run and I used Sully a lot

Ouch, poor Chrom. Also, I don't think I could bear relegating someone to just being support duty in a pair up since I know better than to rely on dual attacks.

My supports are more about the stat bonuses than dual attacks

I mean who the fuck needs dual attacks when you got 52 + pairup bonus strength anyway

Although at one point with S rank Chrom he ended up with a 91% dual attack rate which is totally redundant because I orko everything ever but it was funny

Paladin Lucina with a Paladin Yarne support reached 60x2 on a few enemies pretty sure Lucina didn't need extra attacks

Edited by Thor Odinson

He was a 20/10/5(i think) Bow Knight at that point but pretty sure most 20/10 Great Lord Chroms have over 30 strength or at least close to it

Not mine

Technically he has 27 but that's because I gave him 2 energy drops because his strength just sucked /that/ bad

Technically, it adds both parents' stats together. Then, it divides those stats by two for average, and then divides that average by two again to create the child's starting stats. I know it's not accurate, but that's how I see it many times when I'm recruiting the children. It also puts into account the children's maxed out stats. Parents' maxed out stats combined and divided by 2 = the child's maxed out stats.

Edit: Oh and the parents' stats are only from their original classes. So, it'll be from Chrom's Great Lord stats and FeMU's Grandmaster stats that will create Lucina's maxed out/starting stats.

Edited by Linkmstr

My supports are more about the stat bonuses than dual attacks

I mean who the fuck needs dual attacks when you got 52 + pairup bonus strength anyway

Paladin Lucina with a Paladin Yarne support reached 60x2 on a few enemies pretty sure Lucina didn't need extra attacks

Ahh. That's one way to think about it.

Not mine

How the hell does he have 25-27?! My poor Chrom... My Chrom has never been reclassed before and he's still a level 10 Great Lord with 32 strength...without any special items... geeez.

But yeah, Lucina can be really good at her recruitment chapter if you've trained her parents well... and even without maxing her stats in the beginning, she does turn out really good. Even though Morgan actually beats her, I think. Morgan can be like Lucina but with the male exclusive classes. I do wish Morgan can change to Lord class too... /hugewishfulthinking

Edited by Cordelia

The RNG /really/ didn't like Chrom that run
every time he leveled up I was just like "really Chrom no strength again I thought you had 60(+?)% on that?

Technically, it adds both parents' stats together. Then, it divides those stats by two for average, and then divides that average by two again to create the child's starting stats. I know it's not accurate, but that's how I see it many times when I'm recruiting the children. It also puts into account the children's maxed out stats. Parents' maxed out stats combined and divided by 2 = the child's maxed out stats.

I meant his rng-screwed ness part

I know how the formula works tyvm

I'd have offset his awful strength anyway I was close to having 40 strength by the time Lucina is born

Edited by Thor Odinson