Do you use the 3D?

Nope

Just flicking the slider on and off makes my eyes water, prolonged exposure makes me feel like I have a headache.

Although this was when I tried back whenever the 3DS came out, I haven't really tried to see if Awakening gives me the same "oh god my eyes are burning" feel.

Yep, though it's dissapointing how using it where it'd be at its coolest makes the whole game slow down dramatically. I'm talking of course of the Endgame chapter, so potentially great yet so bad on practice due to the absurd framerate drops against Grima.

Actually, now that I think about it, the only 3DS game I have where the 3D makes my eyes bleed is OoT.

Edited by Jackos

Yep Yep!

I really like how the battle - and the cutscenes look in 3D. Sometimes I turn it off for looking at the overhead grid and support conversations, though, as it's kind of unnecessary there.

All in all, I think it's a shame to not use it when the battles are very well animated - and it's the system's main gimmick.

Nope

Just flicking the slider on and off makes my eyes water, prolonged exposure makes me feel like I have a headache.

Although this was when I tried back whenever the 3DS came out, I haven't really tried to see if Awakening gives me the same "oh god my eyes are burning" feel.

Give it a try! The 3D effects on almost EVERYTHING gives me massive headaches, but Awakening was really pretty and not so headache inducing. In small doses. I usually turned it on for the first few turns and then turned it off.

I'll typically only turn it on for boss fight animations or CGs. I don't feel that there's enough of an effect on the normal dialogue or overhead map screens to justify its use there.

I've tried it, yes, but I don't actively use it... Maybe because when I got the 3DS when it first came out in NA, there weren't that many games out yet (that I wanted) so I was used to playing regular DS games on it so I didn't bother. However, Spirit Camera would be a different story... but that's totally off topic.

No, I don't really use it for FE. Or anything yet. It's still a cool feature though!

I used it a lot originally, when I was playing it near-constantly, but nowadays, I tend to not get into it enough to be worth adjusting to and maintaining it.

I use it for important boss battles and for cutscenes. Occasionally I use it just because, but it annoys me when I fidget my 3DS and it looks weird.

I have it on constantly(on all my 3DS games) and dont have any problems with it even after prolonged play time[having a bird fly in your face while reading a conversation on the field is hilarrous the first time xD].

For FE:A I only deactived it if I want to see something in detail(barracks in 1. playtrough, promotions...) but have bad lighting/angle.

Yes, the maps look so cool with 3D. And the battles. I usually only put it halfway, and I turn it off when my eyes get tired or when I'm just grinding.

occasionally for kicks or if i feel like looking at animations

Usually I play animation off skip enemy phase so it doesn't really matter if i have it on or off

Yes. It gives a lot of depth to the game's scenes and looks pretty spiffy in general. I dont have issues with 3D at all even for long periods of time.