Gharnef's Improved FE4 Translation Patch

Gharnef

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I've been wrong before. Ced is fucking terrible and generic why did they change the most badass FE5 character to have such a shitty name.

I can never make sense of it at it refers to an automobile. xP

Silesia and underwent blood rites with Holsety, also named Sety.

They made "Silezha" before.

so excited people are really taking care into giving this game a proper english translation!

just registered to ask if you guys were planning on translating the marriage dialogues and the ending. Also fixing the freeze glitch which occurs during the ending.

ive been waiting so long for a 100% complete translation of this game so i can make repos for my friends to enjoy.

The ending wasn't ever translated either. If possible, can it be done?

Well, I have a savestate right at the end so here's a couple of screenshots:

eVoApZ8.png

m5dW2co.png

About the second one, were Julius' last words always made up of randomnly capitalized letters or was it something you did or the previous patch did? More importantly, why was it done like this in the first place? Even more importantly, should be altered at all?

Yay! ^-^
I'm liking the translation thus far.

2UYaT.png

Self explanatory.

That's perfectly the way that it should've been done beforehand. Since Ishtar has been very kind soul. ^^

-----

At least now we're continuing off from Twikitri's work.

Edited by ポーラ

That's perfectly the way that it should've been done beforehand. Since Ishtar has been very kind soul. ^^

>TORHAMMER in giant capital letters

>thinks that the problem is in the rest of the line

wut

For science, using the FE4 hack docs, google translate and this website, I hacked Prince Marth's portrait from FE3 into FE4 as Sigurd's portrait.

oKEsHrV.png

Also, using save states and YY-CHR I found where the graphics for the map, Holy Blood chart and more all are in memory. So I am getting somewhere with this at least ..

Edited by Gharnef

For science, using the FE4 hack docs, google translate and this website, I hacked Prince Marth's portrait from FE3 into FE4 as Sigurd's portrait.

oKEsHrV.png

Also, using save states and YY-CHR I found where the graphics for the map, Holy Blood chart and more all are in memory. So I am getting somewhere with this at least ..

At least now you know where all the graphics are. You just have to edit them now.

At least now you know where all the graphics are. You just have to edit them now.

Lol when you put it that way it sounds easy!

I found them in *memory*, not in the ROM. Not yet. :)

Edited by Gharnef

Lol when you put it that way it sounds easy!

I found them in *memory*, not in the ROM. Not yet. :)

Ah you still haven't figured out the exact location on the ROM map of the graphics. Maybe we can all help you in this endeavor. Nobody has ever been able to translate the graphical text!

Just a word of advice since I don't really care about this project that much anyways. Elitist weeb ftw you guys should probably ignore Ayanami (ポーラ) over there because they will NOT make sense to you. I guarantee it. And most of your inquiries to their thought process will just confuse you even more.

Also, did you ever fix the ending? Because I think that takes priority, since it's actually gamebreaking, rather than focusing on the name changes first?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just a word of advice since I don't really care about this project that much anyways. Elitist weeb ftw you guys should probably ignore Ayanami (ポーラ) over there because they will NOT make sense to you. I guarantee it. And most of your inquiries to their thought process will just confuse you even more.

Also, did you ever fix the ending? Because I think that takes priority, since it's actually gamebreaking, rather than focusing on the name changes first?

How rude. Don't worry, a lot of people ignore you too.

Anyway, on deciding stuff like "Grannvaleians." There's no grammatical answer to this, and it's pretty arbitrary. You guys should just do whatever you think sounds right.

Edited by Chiki

How rude. Don't worry, a lot of people ignore you too.

I am saying this as legitimate advice from experience. He *WILL* derail the topic with "Japanese knowledge" that doesn't even make sense.

I am saying this as legitimate advice from experience. He *WILL* derail the topic with "Japanese knowledge" that doesn't even make sense.

What Ayanami says makes perfect sense to me. You did the exactly same thing just a few days ago.

I suggest, for the purposes of this thread, to listening to everyone's opinion equally. I'm really looking forward on how this project turns out.

Edited by Chiki

That would be because the pun was too high level for you.

As long as he contributes that's fine I guess.

His willingness to want to help is fine. That is commendable. But if you've seen some of the threads in the FE12 when the translation was going on, they tend to hinder, more than help contribute to the progress of any project.

Gonna pop in and say, I didn't find any problems in Chapters 7 or 8 at all.

I do agree that a bunch of stuff that I've brought up are arbitrary, but they do look "cleaner" when he does change them. I just bring them up because his intention is to revise the script as well as change the names, so might as well bring up the little instances of weird stuff.

Edited by PKLucas531

i suppose it would probably help if ayanami's comments were actually comprehensible (which i think most of us agree they aren't)

Edited by CT075

i suppose it would probably help if ayanami's comments were actually comprehensible (which i think most of us agree they aren't)

Ok you're already derailing the conversation right now! We still need to find out where the graphics are in the ROM. Forget about ayanami and focus on the topic at hand for Naga's sake!

reported for minimodding (not really)

i really don't know what you expect me to do about finding the graphics in the ROM, SNES hacking isn't my area of expertise (i tried looking into it at one point of time but i never found it interesting enough compared to gba)

the other thing i suppose one could try is taking the raw graphic data from memory (or at least the first bit of it or so, pick a small enough part of it that it won't get mucked up by any potential compression) and just pasting that into the Ctrl-F function of HxD (or whatever hex editor suits your fancy)

reported for minimodding (not really)i really don't know what you expect me to do about finding the graphics in the ROM, SNES hacking isn't my area of expertise (i tried looking into it at one point of time but i never found it interesting enough compared to gba)the other thing i suppose one could try is taking the raw graphic data from memory (or at least the first bit of it or so, pick a small enough part of it that it won't get mucked up by any potential compression) and just pasting that into the Ctrl-F function of HxD (or whatever hex editor suits your fancy)

Ok ask yourself this: how do you extract the GFX of a GBA Fire Emblem ROM? This process might be similar.

do you even lift read what i say

i outlined both methods already

i literally cannot be more specific because i really don't know

what do you want me to do, try it myself? i already have, and gave up out of boredom.

do you even lift read what i sayi outlined both methods alreadyi literally cannot be more specific because i really don't knowwhat do you want me to do, try it myself? i already have, and gave up out of boredom.

Sorry if I didn't understand your post! Jeeze, I'm just trying to help!