Gharnef's Improved FE4 Translation Patch

Gharnef

It is basically complete, I got up to Ch 10 with no real problems, and anything I encountered along the way was fixed immediately.

I think he just wanted confirmation that the entire game worked and then he'd start working on fixing the ending glitch?

I just kinda stopped playing, since I was only testing it during vacation time.

Edited by PKLucas531

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the IPS file but I don't think it's the latest one. bookofholsety might have the latest.

I don't know the details of file sharing and how to make sure that patch gets applied correctly. IIRC, the IPS name and the Rom file must have the exact name and be in the same folder for soft patching.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fvxmy50zc31r9ia/Fire_Emblem_-_Seisen_no_Keifu.ips

I have the IPS file but I don't think it's the latest one. bookofholsety might have the latest.

i don't think i do, sadly. i gave up keeping up with new releases after i failed to overcome their refusal to work properly. the latest release i have is dated 17th May 2013, which doesn't sound quite right insofar as being the latest, but i suppose there's no harm posting it just in case

(i think i broke Gharnef with my incessant nitpicking and rambling whoops)

I actually kept every patch as he updated them, because I'm weird like that. If anything I could throw them all in a rar(there's about 5 of them) and you could get the newest one by process of elimination or something.

This is the newest one I have, saying it was created 6/5/13, last modified 5/15/13.

And I believe this is the last one I tested, since it's the one in my FE4 ROM folder. I'm not sure which of them is more "current," but there wasn't really much to fix at this point.

Edited by PKLucas531

Hey there, lurker to (hopefully) the rescue. I have a patch file saved - not entirely sure if it's the latest one, since I was just saving it for "later" while lurking this topic, but the file creation date is 2nd of June - after last patch update listed, so it just might be the right thing: Get it here (Dropbox link - warning because I know there is at least one antivirus out there that had Dropbox as suspicious site for some reason.)

For some reason, my emulator is now getting a black screen. Whenever I soft patch it or hard patch it, it isn't working. I even tried renaming the ips file, nothing. I am using zsnesw, if the emulator's the problem, tell me what you reccomend.

I just tried PKLucas' patch, and the most immediate issue I had - and what may be what your issue is - is that the patch is for a copier-headered ROM. Find and use Tush to manage copier headers on your SNES ROMs, and see if that helps you.

(Rather frustrating that decades later, this is still a pressing issue...)

• 2 weeks later...

I did noticed that the irtikliwT's patch had the Weapon Type Armor Classes didn't fixed up, but I am not too sure if this was got it fixed up in this version of the patch? But, I did noticed that Radiant Dawn had it as:

• Sword Armor -> Armor Sword
  • Axe Armor -> Armor Axe
  • Lance Armor -> Armor Lance
  • Bow Armor -> Armor Bow (we can might call it as "Armor Bow" since it didn't appear in Radiant Dawn and might able to match up with the others)

This translation improvement seemed like a terrific idea. Piggyback a translation that was already available, which meant no need to start from scratch.

It's just a shame Gharnef vanished without revealing his intentions (that he was taking a break or quitting entirely).

Also, in the event he does return, it may be worth considering labeling all future patches inside a zip file so there's no confusion over which patch version is which.

I did noticed that the irtikliwT's patch had the Weapon Type Armor Classes didn't fixed up, but I am not too sure if this was got it fixed up in this version of the patch? But, I did noticed that Radiant Dawn had it as:

• Sword Armor -> Armor Sword
  • Axe Armor -> Armor Axe
  • Lance Armor -> Armor Lance
  • Bow Armor -> Armor Bow (we can might call it as "Armor Bow" since it didn't appear in Radiant Dawn and might able to match up with the others)

Those classes are shortened to SwdArmr, LncArmr, AxeArmr and BowArmr. I'm not sure whether this is a remnant of the previous patch or Gharnef's doing. I'm too lazy to check.

As for the latest patch, the one provided by Malek Deneith seems to work. I've yet to reach Gen 2 where most of the unfinished stuff lies so I can't say for sure that it's the newest one though.

And yes, labelling the patch, or at least including a text file with the details is defnintely something we should do.

Those classes are shortened to SwdArmr, LncArmr, AxeArmr and BowArmr. I'm not sure whether this is a remnant of the previous patch or Gharnef's doing. I'm too lazy to check.

those haven't been changed recently, with the exception of "LncArmr", which Twilkitri implemented in his revisions last year (changing it from just "Armor")

it's a silly thing to worry about in general i mean a) this project's ground to a halt, b) it's a tiny change and c) given the eight-character limit it'll still look like ass even if it's technically correct

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've found a picture playthrough that not only uses the new names like Lewyn, Seliph, & Larcei, but also newer class/weapon names like Myrmidon & Rogue instead of thief fighter; & Brave weapons instead of Hero.

http://imgur.com/a/JpzuZ

http://imgur.com/a/M7g5b

Is this using this Gharnef's translation patch?

Yes.

I noticed above that the patch link isn't working anymore. I have the last one Gharnef released before he left, so if anyone wants it let me know and I'll upload it.

I noticed above that the patch link isn't working anymore. I have the last one Gharnef released before he left, so if anyone wants it let me know and I'll upload it.

Do you mean the one in the opening post or the one in the below post which most people seem to be using now.

Hey there, lurker to (hopefully) the rescue. I have a patch file saved - not entirely sure if it's the latest one, since I was just saving it for "later" while lurking this topic, but the file creation date is 2nd of June - after last patch update listed, so it just might be the right thing: Get it here (Dropbox link - warning because I know there is at least one antivirus out there that had Dropbox as suspicious site for some reason.)

Also, I'd love to see someone rework the dialogue on this again much like the Thracia and Binding Blade patch. One those are fully complete of course.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker