MU Recommendations?

Wizard

I have the MU on my Normal Mode/Newcomer file as a Grandmaster with a focus on magic. (Has tomefaire, tomebreaker, +2 All Stats, +10 avoid and Ignis.

Now, my Hard Mode/Classic MU has only just started out. He is also focused on magic, with high speed as well.

So... My question: What should I do with my Hard Mode MU? Who should I pair him with? Thanks.

Hmmmm

Since all of avatar's children will have access to the same skills, I guess mods and ease of Morgan's sibling's paralogue are what you're focusing on. Miriel and Tharja pass down some pretty nice mods and will be able to pass down some pretty handy skills. Tharja's mods are a bit better distributed, but Noire's paralogue is one of the more difficult ones so you will probably have to wait longer to complete it. Laurent's chapter should be doable as soon as it becomes available. Lissa is a good option too, I guess, but she probably will not be passing down any useful skills (unless you're grinding). Owain's paralogue is extremely easy Most of the other mothers pass down negative speed/magic modifiers or are just a pain to train.

If you're gonna be grinding then time of paralogue completion and stat caps don't matter much.

I'd recommend pairing male avatar with a woman that has a child of her own so you can have two kids with access to most skills.

Manakete Morgan is great, can't go wrong with her!

Edited by Pikachu

Technically yes

Heres the simple draft

Nowi:

Pros: 2 Manakete "Morgans"

Cons: Modifier are based on Nowi and MU alone. Technically there is no Cons to doing this

Nah:

Pros: One Super Morgan with manipulatable Mods

Cons: Only one unit with expanded skillsets

Relatively small stats differences

Tiki

Pros: The only way to get base +1 Speed Manakete Morgan without resorting into the ridiculously terrible Lon'Qu!Nah

Cons: Only one unit with expanded skillsets

Edited by JSND

I think I will go for Tiki if I want a Manakete because I like Tiki, or I might even wait for Aversa or Emmeryn to come out so I can get a strong mage Morgan, or a Shadowgift Morgan.

Oh, it's worth noting that magic means nothing to manaketes because dragonstones use the strength stat to attack. If you want to use Morgan in her manakete form you'd be better off with just about anything aside from magic and resistance as an asset.

@JSND I'm pretty sure a magic avatar paired with Nowi will have a +1 speed modifier, so long as his flaw stat doesn't negatively impact his speed (magic gives +2 speed, effectively negating Nowi's -2 speed mod, plus the +1 that all 2nd gen kids get on their mods)

If you like Tiki and manakete Morgan, then go ahead with it! It's just about impossible to make avatar's kids 'bad' but some will have a bit of a better start than others.

Shadowgift Morgan is really nice. Flying nosferatu and mire sniping is hilarious. xP

Edited by Pikachu

I mean her base modifier

Tiki has default +1

Should have detailed it better but eh....

Ah sorry, my mistake!

I just like Tiki. She is awesome.

I might go with Tharja or Miriel, for a decent mage Morgan.

Yes, Tiki's character is very likable! Plus in combat she's a beastly tank, what's not to like?! xP

Yep, Tiki's just plain awesome; I married my Male Avatar to her and have not regretted it. Female Morgan was a Dragon of Doom to all who stood in her way! :D

Both times I used Tiki in both fights against Walhart, she scored a crit and one-hit KOed him. It was magical.

*insert death sound from Megaman games here*

But seriously, that's awesome.

Believe me, it FELT awesome.

Walhart: How do you ever hope to defeat me?

*Tiki scores a critical*

Nathaniel(MU): Nice one!

Walhart: I... Am... Defeated...

Except Nah!Morgan won't get +1 to her modifers...

Even for hard mode, you can't go too wrong with who you pair your Avatar/MU with. I personally went with Olivia on my male run, but that's also on Normal. Cause Chrom will be mine on all serious runs.

I would have gone for Nowi instead for a Manakete Morgan. But then your Magic asset won't be of any use....

Well, if you're going for a manakete morgan in the first place, it won't be of any use period. manaketes rely on strength to do their damage. The only thing a high magic is good for on a manakete is Ignis, and Ignis on a manakete is just-- so-- scary.

Even then Ignis + MA only gives an extra 2 damage. The speed are pretty amazing for Manaketes and other classes should you want it

Personally I say screw optimization and just choose the character you liked. I know I do, my main data has MU x Tiki

Edited by JSND

Ha... My younger brother was fiddling with my 3DS and deleted my hard mode/classic file. I started again, again. I'm going for a well-rounded MU because I'm undecided who I want him to marry.

Also, I married Tiki on my main file. Walhart has also just come out for the UK!

Oh, right... I forget that Fire Emblem: Awakening came out the same time in the rest of Europe as it did in the UK. Walhart is pretty strong. I gave him Luna and it activates almost all the time. (The skill.)