Streetpass: Skills Worth the Time, and One's That Aren't.

I just completed my streetpass team and I don't think many people will consider it a cakewalk either.

Your team started off really similar to one of my StreetPass teams:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66169264/743945940

Same Lethality+Rightful King builds.

But, then you lose points by adding other children units. Stats don't mean nearly as much as skill sets, which is why you need to pull in Avatars when children's skill pools are lacking. If a unit cannot have a broken skill set, it is not worth using.

In-game performance means nothing in StreetPass, so Sorcerers aren't great.

AI's priority is: 1) attacking, 2) rally, 3) move but can't attack. So, Rallies don't happen at the end of the turn. In fact, Rallies can extend Movement, cause a unit that previously couldn't attack, and have that unit attack with Rally'd stats. Awesome, but unreliable.

Edited by MAttSTER

I would much rather use actual characters than just slapping on random avatar characters in my team. Half of your team consists of dodging and avoiding attacks, but I don't see how that's going to be of much use when you are not dealing back any significant damage to your opponent. You are just basically avoiding attacks and doing nothing else. Your opponent will eventually figure out a way to get through your breaker builds and when your characters can't dodge attacks so consistently, then they will drop like flies because they have no defensive abilities.

In all honesty no matter what team we create, a smart player will be able to demolish ANY team because of how predictable the AI is and the fact that our teams can't pair-up. The best we can do is provide a challenge to players for a little bit before they systematically figure out how to beat our teams. I am just making my team the most fun and challenging build that I personally like.

As long as my team isn't getting LOL ROFLstomped by unprepared teams that require no thought to make, then I have been successful at creating a good streetpass team. My team should at least make the player take some time to prepare themselves to defeat me, and not just challenge me out the blue and beat my team the very first try that they get.

I would much rather use actual characters than just slapping on random avatar characters in my team. Half of your team consists of dodging and avoiding attacks, but I don't see how that's going to be of much use when you are not dealing back any significant damage to your opponent. You are just basically avoiding attacks and doing nothing else. Your opponent will eventually figure out a way to get through your breaker builds and when your characters can't dodge attacks so consistently, then they will drop like flies because they have no defensive abilities.

In all honesty no matter what team we create, a smart player will be able to demolish ANY team because of how predictable the AI is and the fact that our teams can't pair-up. The best we can do is provide a challenge to players for a little bit before they systematically figure out how to beat our teams. I am just making my team the most fun and challenging build that I personally like.

As long as my team isn't getting LOL ROFLstomped by unprepared teams that require no thought to make, then I have been successful at creating a good streetpass team. My team should at least make the player take some time to prepare themselves to defeat me, and not just challenge me out the blue and beat my team the very first try that they get.

This.

However much fun it is to create troll builds, I would much rather give out a reasonable, challenging team that people can enjoy fighting, rather than just hate on and dismiss. If I'm feeling especially nice, I'll give every unit 1 or 2 stat-boosting items or a seal or rare weapon or something.

I think it's fine to create a team out of only Avatars, but you (generally) don't need that unless you're just gonna be trolling.

This.

However much fun it is to create troll builds, I would much rather give out a reasonable, challenging team that people can enjoy fighting, rather than just hate on and dismiss. If I'm feeling especially nice, I'll give every unit 1 or 2 stat-boosting items or a seal or rare weapon or something.

I think it's fine to create a team out of only Avatars, but you (generally) don't need that unless you're just gonna be trolling.

Agreed. Also, any Trollbuild team, hell, ANY team, is going to be in a very few categories: 1. Easy (Anything matched, statwise) 2. Harder than anything (ANY Limit Broken team in Vanilla) 3. Impossible (Way too overleveled for your team).

In the second and third cases, most teams will be dismissed.

If you're going to be trolling anyways, it's better to just load up on the Spotpass Paralogue units and be a walking Spoiler, because that way, even if they dismiss the team, the mere act of Parley delivers the punch.

...I do have a 10x MU team, but they don't run troll builds. (In fact, that team exists just to be cool. Because it's the freaking cast of Tales of Symphonia.)

The closest to a troll build set up I have is my "Ike x Soren" team (which is named a such, because that pairing sucks, I.E. it's a Bad Romance) and that merely is a Male MU named "Stefani" as a Dread Fighter, a certain set of girls bred specifically to have 2 skills, and the three Sorc-capable First Gen girls-- all non MU units are Brides... then I load the team with as much Counter and Vengeance as possible, because that MU wants your love, and love is Revenge.

Half of your team consists of dodging and avoiding attacks, but I don't see how that's going to be of much use when you are not dealing back any significant damage to your opponent.

There are two ways to beat a player with a StreetPass team: overpower them (ha! yeah right!), or annoy them so much that they give up. That's the point of the Breaker build: make them give up, because that +80 Avoid will be hard to hit no matter what. And a player just might give up because of that.

My team is split between offense and defense. Offense abusing Lethality. Defense stalls with Breakers. Because, if the players even two units to take down a breaker unit, my team has technically temporarily outnumbered the player. And if this happens enough, my team gains the advantage.

This is the mentality of the Breaker build.

But hey, 10x Counter might be more effective. This is why I have multiple teams: I need further information.

I need to see if the computer will first use rally if it has no equipped weapons to attack with. I'm pretty sure the AI will use rally and then start attacking with other units if the rallybot has no weapons, but I need to test it and see if that's true.

I streetpassed myself. The AI will only rally at the end of the turn.

Unless of course it changed in the North American version.

I don't think limit broken team will be 'played' against, i for sure don't. Waste of time and little reward, nothing special to test about.

Spoiler team will be a better troll, and change the name of the weapons to stick/ladle, (spoiler name) or bronze swords to lower their guard.

If you got Supreme Emblem, put in Avatar. x2 even, all the power to you.

What about something like Vantage, Vengence, LB, Miracle, Sol on sorcerers. Pretty much won't die in one go most of the time, and if they live they are going to hurt very hard bad and heal most of their damage back with nosferatu?

I streetpassed myself. The AI will only rally at the end of the turn.

Unless of course it changed in the North American version.

What if it's also like what MAttSTER says? When a unit can't reach an opponent to attack, the AI rallybot will use rally to boost that units movement and then the rally-boosted unit will then attack his enemy? If that's the case then I will still use my avatar as a rallybot with this skillset:

-Rally Spectrum

-Rally Heart

-Rally Movement

-Rally Speed

-Rally Skill

With my avatar also having boots on her, she has 10 move and will be able to travel a far distance to give a +2 movement to any unit who needs it in order to get far enough to attack an enemy with boosted stats. Not only that, my rallybot will be able to protect my units at least during my opponent's turn.

Also, did you ever test out an AI rallybot with no equipped weapons shadow?

What about something like Vantage, Vengence, LB, Miracle, Sol on sorcerers. Pretty much won't die in one go most of the time, and if they live they are going to hurt very hard bad and heal most of their damage back with nosferatu?

I already have a skillset like that with Owain and Noire, check out the first page of this thread.

Edited by BAD

Sorcs and Nosferatu are a lot weaker than what credit is given to them. Even with Forged ANs.

Little case, there's 99 LCK Miracle, Dragonskin, Aegis+, Luna+, Vantage, Hack Forge Nosferatu Sorcs in TSON (look up a "heroic" run, the first one is the third boss, next two waves have 3 of them.), and you don't hear people complain about them, and they're WAAAAAAAAAAY Tougher than anything you can put together.

What if it's also like what MAttSTER says? When a unit can't reach an opponent to attack, the AI rallybot will use rally to boost that units movement and then the rally-boosted unit will then attack his enemy? If that's the case then I will still use my avatar as a rallybot with this skillset:

With my avatar also having boots on her, she has 10 move and will be able to travel a far distance to give a +2 movement to any unit who needs it in order to get far enough to attack an enemy with boosted stats. Not only that, my rallybot will be able to protect my units at least during my opponent's turn.

I just tested with an unequipped Wyvern Lord Avatar with Boots, 4 Rally Skills and Movement +1.

He still Rallies after all the battle-able units have moved.

• 2 weeks later...

rally bots with no weapons run away from the battle. rally bots with weapons use them. rallying is better left to humans than CPU, as inconvenient as it may be.

Think this idiot. Except with rally skills and without counter.

I carry items so my friends can buy it off me.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've seen Ralliers first hand without weapons: They flee from your units, unless it's the last thing on the map, or the only other remaining units can't attack.

If an unarmed flier can get to a corner, that's where they're going.

Now give your Rallier a Staff....

Off the top of my head, skills that I always get for StreetPass teams if they're available...

Counter, Aether, Lethality, Miracle, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Rally Heart

I get skills like Luna, Astra, Renewal, Tomefaire, Tomebreaker, Aggressor, Sol, Vantage, and so forth secondary.

If I well and truly wanted to be silly, I'd make a Sniper with Vantage/Miracle, Vengeance, Counter, Limit Break, and Tomebreaker, and shove a forged Longbow on him/her. Want to attack me from melee range? Sure, eat damage. Mire sniping? Not without some preparation! Attack from a distance? Sure, but you'll eat the mother of all counters! Pair-ups kind of ruin this, but I'm not going to fault the AI for not having the brains to pair up. :P:

If I wanted to troll, I'd get a bunch of low-leveled characters, make a MU with terrible modifiers, and stick bronze weapons on them. Enjoy!

Edited by eclipse