If you were to create a new Weapon Type... What would it be?

Weapon Type Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you like to be in Fire Emblem?

Son, a hammer is in the axe section :P

I figure they want hammers and maces to be their own weapon category. Besides, rapiers are also already in the game and yet "Fencer Sword" is a category in the poll. :P

I'd like to see crossbows again, but I'd prefer if they are considered bows instead of given their own weapon ranks. Knives would be cool too, but they'd need to be more worth using than they were in PoR and RD. Maybe make them a subcategory of swords or just give them a teeny bit more oomph, or just make them all 1-2 range instead of only some of them?

Not digging the idea of more magic categories, though. I'd prefer they split it and keep the number at three or four and not +5.

Edited by whenbananasattack

Could have a fist fighter with like Iron/Steel/Silver Knuckles. More as well but for the basics those would work. I also for some reason like the idea of whips but that probably just my inner Castlevania fanboy talking.

I would love to see dual wielding.

And whips WOULD be awesome, inner Castlevania fan talking or not.

Dual Wielding would be pretty amazing, the mechanics on that would be somewhat hard to pull off though I think. Maybe base it on a combination of Speed and Skill?

Whips for some reason I had the idea its gimmick would be it would be good against all the Rider type units like cavaliers/pegasus/wyverns etc. Dno why that came to mind but it did.

Archers should punch people on 1 range. I want to see water magic and maybe hammers as their own standalone weapon line or new weapons like katars or maces.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

• 4 weeks later...

Guns would make me lose the feel of fire emblem, but water magic would be cool, it could even have a subcategory, ice! And if there's throwable lances and axes then what about a throwing sword other then Ragnell or Amatsu.

Hallberds as a weapon outside of the weapon Triangle will be interresting.

Ninja stars, would be great too.

But the best weapon type would be without a doubt... the rolling pin !