I've remained hopeful that New Mystery of the Emblem would be localized ever since it was announced a few years ago. But now, after such a long time, my hope dwindles. Yeah I know it should have completely dwindles by now, but... *Shrugs* Does anyone think there's a chance it'll be officially localized? Maybe the last major game for the DS to his North American/European/Australian/every place outside Japan shores?

Honestly I think not. The DS is slowly dying as the new thing is the 3ds and the WiiU and Intelligent Systems is already busy with the upcoming game for the WiiU Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei. But don't feel so sad with an emulator you can play the game on computer

I'm thinking the same unfortunately. It saddens me, I actually liked Shadow Dragon and would have loved to play the sequel. I've never used an emulator... I don't know how lol, and my laptop has a slightly hard time running things like that.

^This

I mean, they did not localise FE6 after FE7 performed rather well here, even though the GBA was still a hot system. And in FE6's case, it would have actually made sense, seeing as it is a chronological sequel. They could've just changed the order the games are in (they are not numbered anyway).

I'd say the chances are really low, unless Nintendo pulls some crazy stuff and releases the game in the future via something VirtualConsole-like. I even highly doubt that as a possibility.

Edited by domflo

If you don't want to emulate the English patch or want it on the go you could always. Import the game (The DS isn't region locked) and learn the Japanese menus, like I did with FE6 years back. or as Sal said a Flashcart

Edited by Jedi

While I'd love to see this game out officially in English, the boat sailed a long long time ago.

I also have zero confidence that NOA/NOE will localise any legacy titles (FE12 included) unless they're remade. Although I suppose in FE12's case, even if a game's remade that still doesn't mean we'll get it!