My body isn't ready for Priam

Jakkun

I need help assuming anyone reads this.

So I'm doing my Hard/Classic File, just recently got my main units (MU,Chrom,Severa,Donnel,Brady,Noire,Morgan,Lucy,Kjelle and Gerome) maxed out and I still cant beat Priam's chapter. I have all the children, and spotpass chapters done except this one.

I would use my Gaius!Nah, but I passed down Counter instead of Sol, and I wouldn't feel safe without Sol. (Not gonna make that same mistake on my next playthrough...)

I don't have Limit Break, cause I'm a poor boy. So I cant go crazy with 50+ stats.

I'll post my units and their skills down below.

Mr. X (Grandmaster) [+Speed/-Luck]

Ignis/Renewal/Counter/Armsthrift/Sol

Equipped with a Book of Naga for some well needed Defense/Resistance

Chrom (Great Lord)

Aether/Luna/Aegis/Rightful King/Defender(Cause no Limit Break/All Stats+2)

Equipped with an Exalted Falcion

Donnel (Booty Warrior)

Sol/Armsthrift/Counter/Bowbreaker/Res+10(Yeah I got some Dread Fighter Skills)

Equipped with a Helswath for 2 Range & +5 Defense

Chrom!Inigo Montoya (Swordmaster)

Sol/Astra/Armsthrift/Rightful King/Galeforce

Equipped with Ragnell

Olivia!Lucina (Great Lord)

Aether/Astra/Rightful King/Swordfaire/Galeforce

Equipped with Parrallel Falchion

Thats all the units I can remember off the top of my head. Regardless I still can beat Priam's army.

Please help...any advice is appreciated.

Edited by Luminous Dharc

Their stats are maxed and you still cant win? Are you using pair up?

If you need to, Use a Sorcerer with forged Nosferatu. And have the Vengence, armsthrift, Tomefaire, and maybe some breaker skills? Im not sure what the last 2 should be. Your Avatar set up like this and paired up with his wife/kid should be invincible on a fort or forest...

Use nah with a defensive pair-up and give her elixirs for the small amounts of damage she will take. Your sol guys should also be able to survive enemy phase. Then have anyone who can't survive enemy phase sit just outside range. Pop-in kill a unit with galeforce then pop back out or get rescued if you don't have galeforce. You'll want a few staff users with rescue and physic in the back lines as well.

I am currently trying through go through it myself. It isn't that hard.

I am sending an Str/Skill/Spd capped Taguel Panne with his son Yarne, who has badass skills like Luna, Wrath and Gamble. It's a duo, and take camp a few trees and kill the enemies like that.

Pair up units with their spouses/best friends and lure the enemy to you. Stay just inside their range instead of going in offensively. Have at least two healers hiding behind your front lines with Physics/Catharsis/Fortify. Use Galeforce if you have it to kill off any approaching Counter Warriors/Longbow Snipers and then retreat back to the edge of enemy range. I would advise sending out three groups: main one goes directly in between the big ruins and the smaller ruins, smaller one goes into the big ruins, and a third of 3-4 units goes to the right to lure some enemies away from your main group.

I just did his Paralogue on hard last week with units that had nothing capped so if you follow a similar strategy you should have no problem.

Also, why the hell does everyone call it Limit Break? I mean I remember the DLC trailer calling it Limit Break, but the game calls it otherwise >_>;

LimitBreakernotLimitBreak1.pngLimitBreakernotLimitBreak2.png

It's "Limit Breaker" isn't it?

Also, why the hell does everyone call it Limit Break? I mean I remember the DLC trailer calling it Limit Break, but the game calls it otherwise >_>;

[spoiler=Images]LimitBreakernotLimitBreak1.pngLimitBreakernotLimitBreak2.png

Yes, it is Limit Breaker; Limit Break is a (powerful) type of move/something from Final Fantasy, IIRC. So maybe people get the name mixed up. Also - to me at least - Limit Break rolls off the tongue better.

First of all, do you mind me asking what tactics you've tried so far? Right now, I'm giving advice more-or-less blindly.

Anyways, regarding Priam's army, I've got a couple strategies that I've tried which aren't much fun, and then some more general guidance.

[spoiler=Galeforce/Rescue abuse (unfun)]

Using a combination of Galeforce spam and Rescue abuse, I've been able to go most of the chapter without anyone being attacked during the Enemy Phase. This meant I could utilize some of my more fragile hard-hitting units without worrying about them getting swarmed during EP. This may not be super practical for you, though (you should still be able to pull off the Rescue part, regardless).

This is not very fun, but is hilarious if you're able to pull it off well.

[spoiler=Streetpass/Spotpass abuse (also unfun)] You get 30 units, and chances are that your army doesn't have 30 units up to snuff. I actually tried this Paralogue a few different times, once fielding a lot of Mire Sorcerers (from Spotpass (Legacy characters)/Streetpass) to soften up the suicidal Counter Warriors, and I tried it another time fielding some additional Sages whose entire purpose was to spam Rescue and Physic (I'm too cheap to use up my Fortifies).

So, my actual strategy was rush one side of the map (for me, the right side) with (almost) all my units, kill off the Counter Warriors (and Longbow Snipers) first thing, Galeforce/Rescue out of range of most of the other enemies (if your unit can take a couple hits), so that you can kill a manageable amount of enemies during the EP.

Rinse and repeat until that side is clear. By that time the other side should have almost reached you, so be ready for that.

Since you probably aren't spamming Galeforce to the same extent I was, I imagine that you'll have to be content with merely thinning the ranks and then killing the rest with your other units, which will take longer, so send a few fliers to lure the other side away from your main force for a few turns.

[spoiler=Skill suggestions]

Also, you may wish to un-equip Astra (and Lethality, if you use that) on units with Sol, so that you don't proc a damage skill when you want to heal (Sol has priority over Ignis and Luna, so those should be fine; Aether has priority over Sol and I think Astra as well).

In addition, I notice that you've got a couple units with Counter - I would trade Counter for almost anything else - you obviously have access to Aggressor, and, IMO, that is a good choice for this chapter. Damage-reduction skills like Aegis/Pavise are also very useful, especially in this Chapter.

This is probably way more info than you need (or maybe want, even), but it is in my nature to be thorough. However, if you want any more specific advice, I'm happy to help with that too.

P.S. Nice call with the Book of Naga, I use that all the time too.

I beat the map on a no grind/DLC Lunatic Classic run with no deaths allowed, so hopefully I can be of help.

You haven't listed Nah as being maxed, but I'll assume she's maxed or close enough if being considered. Get her to the top right corner of the middle area as soon as possible and let her wreck all the ranged enemies from there (including any Warriors that might have Counter). I used Tiki for this, but Nah should be just as good, if not better. And technically any solid 2 ranger can do this, but it would probably have to be a Manakete or Great Knight/General w/Helswath for the combined durability and power you want.

On the other side, you want to get small chunks gone as soon as possible. If you can, get someone to use Rescue so you can get someone powerful to take a few enemies from the top left on the first enemy phase. Your Mr. X or Donnel look perfect for this, though it would be nice to know what other skills they have access to because Counter can probably be replaced, possibly Renewal also since you should definitely be able to field a few units with Physic.

And of course, if you have anyone with Rally Spectrum, do your best to keep combatants Rallied up at all times. If you need to you can move the unit in, Rally, then Rescue them away.

A Dark Flier with Galeforce, such as Aversa, can also be very helpful. As I recall, there's a General that will get in the range of whoever you send north east (the Tiki/Nah one) that might be tough to kill, but that a Galeforcer with Magic can get to and get away from to allow more exposure to your tank.

The general idea is to get to them fast and keep slowly backing up, taking only what chunks of enemies you're confident taking. Obviously make sure your frontlines are paired up with A/S supports.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Please, take your grammar nazi-ing elsewhere.

I'm trying to get advice, not an unsettling response like "You're sayin' it wrong".

And tbh, I usually call it gamebreaker.

To the other people, perhaps I just suck. I'm gonna run through it today on another file I made.

I should list my married couples if that helps:

I have Inigo married to Severa

Morgan married to Owain

Donnel Married to Sully (My Sully wasnt trained at all though)

I'm married to Lucina, so I have a power-couple there.

Kjelle is married to Gerome

and Brady is married to Noire

And as for my Nah, well she's not capped, but she is close (I really should've gotten her Sol instead of lolCounter.)

First of all, do you mind me asking what tactics you've tried so far? Right now, I'm giving advice more-or-less blindly.

Since you probably aren't spamming Galeforce to the same extent I was, I imagine that you'll have to be content with merely thinning the ranks and then killing the rest with your other units, which will take longer, so send a few fliers to lure the other side away from your main force for a few turns.

[spoiler=Skill suggestions]

Also, you may wish to un-equip Astra (and Lethality, if you use that) on units with Sol, so that you don't proc a damage skill when you want to heal (Sol has priority over Ignis and Luna, so those should be fine; Aether has priority over Sol and I think Astra as well).

In addition, I notice that you've got a couple units with Counter - I would trade Counter for almost anything else - you obviously have access to Aggressor, and, IMO, that is a good choice for this chapter. Damage-reduction skills like Aegis/Pavise are also very useful, especially in this Chapter.

This is probably way more info than you need (or maybe want, even), but it is in my nature to be thorough. However, if you want any more specific advice, I'm happy to help with that too.

P.S. Nice call with the Book of Naga, I use that all the time too.

Hah, I'm thourough by nature as well, so it was very informative and appreciated. I have a bunch of Galeforce units so I'm usually picking off a few guys and then running back with my 2nd action (I should probably consider pass, now that I think about it.) And Counter was a gimmick that I wanted to give to my female kids, but they don't need it and it feels like its been wasting a skill slot.

The main problem is longbow snipers and Counter warriors though. But with this advice, I should be fine.

I appreciate all the advice given, so I shouldn't have any problems at this point.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Please avoid double posting.

And who is your avatar married to?

I am sorry about that.

I'm married to Lucina, and said Lucina is the daughter of Olivia.

And I beat Paralouge 23 last night thanks to the great advice given to me. Thanks.

Er... does it really matter? I don't understand this picking of nits, here.

Regardless. Shame I didn't keep my Lunatic+ file long enough for Paralogue 23, but on Hard/Classic I'd just mark every Warrior who has Counter, and every Sniper who has a Longbow. You don't need 30-something guys to beat this map. You can do it with less than half the amount. Just get your strongest units out there, pair them up, and rotate between letting the enemy come to you, and you going after the enemy. Namely the Warriors and Snipers