Least Favorite Pairing(s)

The Lucina non-daughter Avatar-F support is kind of funny in that respect. She swears up and down that she's seriously not into Chrom romantically while Lucina spazzes out and crushes on her own father. It's sort of twisted-adorable, if only because Lucina comes across as really, really into Chrom. Like in an almost-weird way.

It makes Lucina's behavior even more odd if the Avatar's already married at that point. Seriously now Lucy, your dad's married and so is his tactician, they're probably just friends.

Oh I know.

Their C-support is Lucina going, "You know, you're awfully close to my father. Are you trying to seduce him? He's married, how dare you fall in love with him, you vixen!"

Their B-support is Lucina now saying, "You know, you've been very detached from my father's side. Do you not care for him? He's a gallant, handsome man, how dare you not love him!"

:facepalm: I think someone's a little confused...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought the favourite pairings thread was asking for trouble

Chrom and Sully/Maribelle/Olivia because I just don't buy these people actually falling for each other. Olivia I would change my mind if she was around longer. Also Sumia over FeMU for Chrom because I like pie. But MaMU over Sumia.

Tharja and the Avatar because it's too creepy.

Nah with Laurent because it's the worst support ever.

Lucina and Owain. Call me a prude if you must.

Cherche with Fred or Gregor because I love Cherche and I don't love the other two >_>

Chrom x Sumia is the worst pairing in the history of forever and it's stupid and gay and I will never forgive Nintendo or IS for making it canon and this pairing deserves to die in a slow painful fiery inferno like the stupid scummy meat sack of a pairing it is.

Yes.

And I thought the favourite pairings thread was asking for trouble

Chrom and Sully/Maribelle/Olivia because I just don't buy these people actually falling for each other. Olivia I would change my mind if she was around longer. Also Sumia over FeMU for Chrom because I like pie. But MaMU over Sumia.

Maribelle x Chrom actually makes way more sense to me than all of Chrom's other pairings. First of all, they've known each other for years and are already rather close at the beginning. Second, Maribelle is best friends with Chrom's sister. Third, their supports are actually really good, and they have actual chemistry and build-up (unlike all of Chrom's other potential wife supports.) Edited by Z3R0

I really don't see what the big deal is about Stahl/Cordelia. Nothing too special about it, and Frederick makes a way better Severa.

I also don't like Virion/Cherche. Bodyguard crush, big deal.

And Gerome/Severa was pretty bland.

Aside from Nowi x anyone who isn't Ricken (I know she's over 1000 years old but it just makes me feel like a terrible person to pair her with someone else because she looks like a child) I don't really have any strong feelings against any other pairings.

Maribelle x Chrom actually makes way more sense to me than all of Chrom's other pairings. First of all, they've known each other for years and are already rather close at the beginning. Second, Maribelle is best friends with Chrom's sister. Third, their supports are actually really good, and they have actual chemistry and build-up (unlike all of Chrom's other potential wife supports.)

It also makes the most sense socially. Sumia and Olivia are commoners (and Olivia is a foreigner besides), Avatar is an enigma whom no one has ever heard of, Sully is extremely minor nobility, and Maribelle is... the daughter of a Duke. You know, exactly the kind of person who would be fit to marry a prince?

Now granted as a counterpoint to this Lissa can marry whoever the hell and no one cares and Chrom will apparently marry a random-ass village girl if none of the other options pan out, but from a social status or political standpoint Maribelle is clearly his best option.

It also leads to a funny Chrom/Brady recruitment conversation. "I AM Ylissean royalty!"

Brady is definitely the funniest possible Lucina sibling too. Even funnier than Cynthia, I'd say.

Chrom x Sumia is the worst pairing in the history of forever and it's stupid and gay and I will never forgive Nintendo or IS for making it canon and this pairing deserves to die in a slow painful fiery inferno like the stupid scummy meat sack of a pairing it is.

Why is ChromXSumia so bad? it's funny XD most of CHrom convo are super bland. On another note and Frederick is the same age as Chrom so FredXLissa not creepy

Edited by FeFish

Uhh, I highly doubt Fred's the same age as Chrom. D8

Maybe like 23 ish plus IT'S MEDIVAL LIKE TIMES so 22-23 year old marrying a 15-6 year is okay

Sigh... I'm getting pretty tired of seeing so much hate for this pairing. And most of it isn't even justified and just pointless anger.

I, at the very least, hope that is extreme sarcasm.

Loving this fandom.

The funniest thing, is that I remember something similar to this from the Clannad fandom.

The canon girl always takes the fire. Hee hee hee.

You know, if anything, if Sumia was switched with any other girl that would have been shipped with Chrom by the developers instead, THAT girl would be the one getting the hate, even if Sumia were to keep everything about her character intact. |D

Chrom X Sumia

She makes him loads of pies and he decides to marry her to get more pies. How romantic.

I hear it's better in the japanese version.

Chrom x anyone who IS Sumia

Sumia x anyone who IS Chrom

These two posts sum up my least favorite pairing, ChromXSumia. All she does is make him pies and he falls for her just because of PIES?!

No Way! I prefer Sumia with Frederick and Chrom with Female Avatar.

Loving this fandom.

The funniest thing, is that I remember something similar to this from the Clannad fandom.

The canon girl always takes the fire. Hee hee hee.

You know, if anything, if Sumia was switched with any other girl that would have been shipped with Chrom by the developers instead, THAT girl would be the one getting the hate, even if Sumia were to keep everything about her character intact. |D

This is so true, granted the pairing is kind of lackluster in terms of what happens but I don't think Sumia's character deserves the extreme hatred she gets for it.

This is so true, granted the pairing is kind of lackluster in terms of what happens but I don't think Sumia's character deserves the extreme hatred she gets for it.

Nor do I; I think its sad that a character has to suffer such hate just because she is the target female for the lead. I really have grown to like Sumia in the past few months; I just don't like that she's over shipped with Chrom. There is a difference between hating the ship and hating the character; I dunno about others, but I hate Chrom x Sumia, yet I adore Sumia herself. I wish more people could make this distinction.... :/

Edited by Silver Lightning

On its way, sorry about that! We've have a sudden swarm of requests. It seems like a lot of people are requesting information to support their favorite pairings...

Thoron Shipping Services, bring me a Valflame for my testimony!

the only thing that deserves to be hated in Sumia is she's a manipulative dastard that said the whole tripping is just a lie. Of course I didn't believe that; it's a load of pegasus dung.

Considering the time period they're in, this was actually extremely common. The age difference is only 10 years (compared to some of the more ludicrous differences you can see nowadays), and back then it wasn't nearly as looked down upon, because you were considered an adult by the fifteen-sixteen range. So personally I have no problem with that here.

Same with Lucina x Owain. Normally, I'm against it, but here I can make an exception for it because that's how things worked back then, and I being a history nut, will make exceptions for historical accuracy.

Yeah. I dont really like Lucina/Owain though cuz i dunno. I like keeping bloodlines diverse. :P:

A ten year gap is fine if you're like 28 and your partner is 38. Age matters less and less as you get older. But otherwise, I just don't like such age gaps in couples.

Medieval. Peeps got betrothed at as children. Usually married and consummated around 16 years old. It was ridiculously common for men in their 20s and 30s to marry girls in their teens. Arranged marriages usually acted this way. Hell,it is not even unrealistic for Lissa and Frederick to marry politically speaking. Considering he is a noble born knight (and likely a first son) and she is a princess. Owain from that pairing would be entitled to a lot of lands and titles. (Say if Frederick had a claim to a castle/land in Ylisse, he marries Lissa who is one of the claimants to the title of Exalt. Owain would then be first in line for Frederick's lands and ALSO a claimant to Exalthood. Lucina would be first in line since Chrom is the Exalt. Considering how laws work in that universe, Lucina's husband would NOT be in line as Exalt before Lucina.) You see how these sorts of things work? So marrying rather young is exceedingly common in a setting like that. Even if it grosses you out.

I really don't see what the big deal is about Stahl/Cordelia. Nothing too special about it, and Frederick makes a way better Severa.

I also don't like Virion/Cherche. Bodyguard crush, big deal.

And Gerome/Severa was pretty bland.

Stahl/Cordelia makes for a really solid Severa. But their supports are a bore. (all of Cordelia's supports save Gregor are boring as fuckall.)

I love Virion/Cherche for the snark to snark combat. Mostly on Cherche's end.

I HATE Gerome/Severa. Shes so judgmental especially in their C support. Eagh.

Nowi/Lon'qu is awkward so i doubt ill pair them again.

Sully/Chrom is ok, but like, probably my least favorite pairing for Chrom. I cant place why either.

Panne/Virion. :/

I'm not fond of Gerome/Kjelle, even though it seems to be popular.

I don't like the idea of someone trying to keep someone to be not as strong as them just so they can protect them without regard to the other person's point of view. Seems selfish to me.

Also because it isn't Lucina x Gerome x Inigo OT3

I like ChromxSully most out of Chrom's pairs if we only go by support content pls dun kill me

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm not fond of Gerome/Kjelle, even though it seems to be popular.

I don't like the idea of someone trying to keep someone to be not as strong as them just so they can protect them without regard to the other person's point of view. Seems selfish to me.

Also because it isn't Lucina x Gerome x Inigo OT3

I like ChromxSully most out of Chrom's pairs if we only go by support content pls dun kill me

lol, dont worry i wont. Sully/Chrom's support content is pretty cool. I think the reason im not a fan is because no pegknight/Galeforce option lulz.

Medieval. Peeps got betrothed at as children. Usually married and consummated around 16 years old. It was ridiculously common for men in their 20s and 30s to marry girls in their teens. Arranged marriages usually acted this way. Hell,it is not even unrealistic for Lissa and Frederick to marry politically speaking. Considering he is a noble born knight (and likely a first son) and she is a princess. Owain from that pairing would be entitled to a lot of lands and titles. (Say if Frederick had a claim to a castle/land in Ylisse, he marries Lissa who is one of the claimants to the title of Exalt. Owain would then be first in line for Frederick's lands and ALSO a claimant to Exalthood. Lucina would be first in line since Chrom is the Exalt. Considering how laws work in that universe, Lucina's husband would NOT be in line as Exalt before Lucina.) You see how these sorts of things work? So marrying rather young is exceedingly common in a setting like that. Even if it grosses you out.

I already said, I DON'T CARE IF THIS OCCURRED IN MEDIEVAL TIMES. It still highly disturbs me. Why must I keep repeating myself?

Also, about the Sumia hate, I don't hate her because of her being shipped with Chrom. I dislike her character. I do think she should've had more pairing options though. There was no reason for hers to be so limited.

I already said, I DON'T CARE IF THIS OCCURRED IN MEDIEVAL TIMES. It still highly disturbs me. Why must I keep repeating myself?

Also, about the Sumia hate, I don't hate her because of her being shipped with Chrom. I dislike her character. I do think she should've had more pairing options though. There was no reason for hers to be so limited.

Wow, stop yelling. I was just explaining how it works. People have the same problem with A Song of Ice and Fire and sometimes, it needs to be explained that otherwise, anachronisms would be there. (and those are bad!)

I agree that Sumia's pairings shouldnt be so limited. I do like that she can shack up with Henry though because i love Henry.

GauisxOlivia

Lon'quxNowi

HenryxNowi

GauisxSully

And others.

Just the ones where they just do the same thing three times that sometimes carries over to the last one and then they decide to get married since they interacted with each other for a grand total of three times. They usually involve food or training. Or playing house.... Or saying you should get married because then you'd have a bunch of kids and your ageless dragon wife will never be lonely again only for your daughter from the future to accuse you of being a pedophile. Damn you Henry... And Lon'qu. /tangents

Can I list pairings that I think are overhyped, since there's only one I truly dislike and made a surprisingly well-received rant on?

And no, it's not just because they're popular: there indeed popular pairs I do like, but that's for a different topic.

Gerome x Inigo

Gerome x F!Morgan

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Lon'qu x Lissa

Stahl x Sully

Anyone with Cordelia that is not Frederick or Gregor

Virion x Cherche

MU x Tharja

Henry x Tharja

Henry x Sumia