How about them good ol' English voices, huh?

Wow, Silver Lightning almost considered marrying a guy that isn't Chrom? I am amazed. Seriously.

I found Frederick's to be kinda deep too though. I've always liked deep manly voices for men, haha.

Deep voices. My secret weakness. XD

I ultimately decided against it though because Lon'qu was already paired with Lissa (and I already shipped it) and marrying second gen characters is too weird for me (and then I stumbled upon the magic hilarity that was Inigo x Severa...)

Edited by Silver Lightning

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep voices are one of my weaknesses too, SL, don't worry. XD

But I see. And marrying a child character would be too weird for me too, I understand.

I love Inigo's eng voice.

As for Lon'qu, I'm gonna assume he has a deep voice because that's the type of voice the localisation team associates with the Navarre archetype. Now imagine Joshua with a deep voice like. XD

I love Inigo's eng voice.

As for Lon'qu, I'm gonna assume he has a deep voice because that's the type of voice the localisation team associates with the Navarre archetype. Now imagine Joshua with a deep voice like. XD

Oh. My. God. .....*fan girl squee* Now I want them to make an FE8 remake that is voiced! It must happen! Joshua is too epic not to be voiced! T^T

Oh. My. God. .....*fan girl squee* Now I want them to make an FE8 remake that is voiced! It must happen! Joshua is too epic not to be voiced! T^T

Ha ha, I guess it would be pretty interesting to imagine what our favorite characters would be voiced like.

...Though I don't really have to imagine anything when it came to a legacy character favorite of mine... ehh... I guess it was... interesting to hear her personali--- okay this is probably crap you guys don't care about... I'll stop.

...another point against me posting about it... is that it was in Japanese anyway.

Oh yes. Gregor is best ever.

I was almost scared they ruined his character from the two pieces of text they showed in the trailer. I feared the lovable old man with experience and insight was reduced to a Gonzales.

Bah. I can't like it. I only use Japanese voices. Only a few of the English ones sound right to me. Just hearing some in English make me cringe...no complaints on the Japanese side. They knew who they were casting for.

Hmm...well they do some of em just right. Lon'qu's english sounds good, Gregor of course, and Walhart is voiced by the same guy who does Batou on Ghost in the shell soooo...automatic win for me. Virion sounds good too. Haven't bothered with anyone else really. I'm sure there are others I'd be alright with, but I know I wouldn't find as many as I'd like.

I mean come on, Morgan is supposed to be around 16 or so but she sounds like she's in her mid 20's! and to me Panne sounds like a friggin 45 year old lady. But to each their own. I'd play em back and forth every now and then just to be sure...

Edited by sL360

I found Inigo's English voice sorta, um...I won't call it 'sexy' or 'seducing' but is there any other words that has a meaning close to them?

Also, Gregor's accent can be pretty funny, Virion's accent is sort of overplayed(but still great). And I guess Libra's English voice is deeper than his Japanese(his Japanese voice sounds really feminine).

Then again, I never tried Japanese voices in game so...

I love all the voices of the characters in this game but i think that Gregor, Virion, sumia, Lucina and Chrom's were voices were perfect

I have no clue what the Japanese voices sound like nor do i intend to find out

Ladies, i have a pretty deep voice

I was almost scared they ruined his character from the two pieces of text they showed in the trailer. I feared the lovable old man with experience and insight was reduced to a Gonzales.

But instead hes The Heavy The Wise. <333 Hellz yes.

I have no clue what the Japanese voices sound like nor do i intend to find out

Pretty much. /Tharja

Edited by Florina Stark

Off the top of my head, I have no problem with any of the English voices except for Donnel's.

And I doubt that the Japanese voice acting would help, because I'd still have to read his text.

I actually find Severa's voice to be very good. Especially the "That was mine!" - it just conveys her attitude really well.

I don't like any of the English voices, I'm far too used to the superior Japanese ones. D| For me, Inigo's is probably the worst. If he were about 15 years older, the stupidly deep voice might have suited him. I just can't stand hearing it. I tell you, if this game didn't have a Japanese voice option, I'd import so fast...

Isn't Morgan like, 17? 18? she doesn't sound much different from some high-school seniors I know. At least they gave something that at least fit her general age, and not the voice of some pre-pubescent.

Edited by MajorMajora

Obviously, I should put more thought into the English voices, seeing as the choices so far are about a 20:80 split with English as the 80, fair enough I suppose. I'll give them another go, and I'll try not to ignorantly double-post anymore, I'm still new here and I don't know all the rules and regulations yet.

I haven't tried to Japanese voices yet, but I think most of the English voices are pretty well done.

The only voice I don't like is Morgan M since he looks like a kid, but has a very deep voice.

I'm willing to overlook Inigo since its Liam O Brian voicing him and he's completely awesome. Its too bad they did't have an insane villain for him to voice though.

A fair number of the English voices are good, but most feel too foreign for me. I think that's always been my issue with dubs.

Coming from England, my percieved voices for these characters tend to be very different.

Am I the only one who hates all the voices for Male Avatar? I remember when I was first starting and tried out all the voices (at that point, trying to find the voice that's most like me). So I start and it went something like this:

Voice 1: "Ugh, that's a far too heavy american accent, no thank you."

Voice 2: "Well, it's not a heavy accent, but it sounds pretty silly. I'll pass."

Voice 3: "...Is this just the same as voice 1?" *check a few samples and conclude there are subtle differences "Still sounds too american, no thanks."

Voice 4: "This sounds like voice 1 as well. Wait a second... oh, there are only three voices, and they're all terrible?"

I was pretty disappointed. Two very similar, heavy american accented voices, and one silly sounding one, that was my choice. I think I eventually went with 1 or 3.

I was happier with the female voices, although in that case I couldn't exactly make it sound like myself, so I didn't care if it had an american accent much.

I should maybe try the Japanese voices at some point. But I also find some of the things they actually say amusing so, eh.

A friend of mine said that Donnel should sound Irish. I think that would be neat if he was.

I think the Don needs to have like a mafia boss voice.

I like Inigo's voice, cause Liam is awesome.

I also like Avatar 2's voice and Priam's voice a lot. (Friggin Jameson Pierce MAN voice "Prove it & see.")