How about them good ol' English voices, huh?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura Bailey (Lucina), Yuri Lowenthal (Ricken), Liam O'Brian (Inigo) and Sam Reigal (Stahl and Donnel) did freaking amazing jobs once again. Granted, I like a LOT of their jobs and as a fan of the Persona series, I'm seriously biased, but I'm very proud of them. My voice-acting idols do not disappoint.

I like all the voices of the characters except female Morgan's English voice. It sounds way too deep for her. I really like both the English voices and the Japanese voices. My favorites are English Lucina, Japanese Cordelia, Japanese Inigo, English Lon'qu, and Japanese Noire.

no one who actually speaks japanese sounds like they do in FE13 so I just use the English voices

I have to agree...they just sound so "cartoony" which I guess is to be expected since the game is much more anime~ than previous FEs. Maybe if I'd heard the Japanese first I would like them more, but eh.

I do love Kjelle's Japanese voice though. Also, Inigo is awesome in English! "Guess I win..." You win so much.

Also I prefer to go by my headcanon ages for the characters and the English voices are closer to that >_>

Edited by Owain Dark

Isn't Morgan like, 17? 18? she doesn't sound much different from some high-school seniors I know. At least they gave something that at least fit her general age, and not the voice of some pre-pubescent.

I doubt either Morgan is that age. I think in the thread to guess characters' ages, most children were actually put around that range (17-18)... so Morgan has to be younger than that. Both Morgans have amnesia so they act a lot younger than they might be... but I still think, at least with male Morgan, they sound way too deep...for children.

Referring to Japanese voices, of course. I literally forgot all English voices. And I'd never go back.

Obviously, I should put more thought into the English voices, seeing as the choices so far are about a 20:80 split with English as the 80, fair enough I suppose. I'll give them another go, and I'll try not to ignorantly double-post anymore, I'm still new here and I don't know all the rules and regulations yet.

It's here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules --> located at the bottom of the forums (at least for me).

I think the Don needs to have like a mafia boss voice.

I like Inigo's voice, cause Liam is awesome.

I also like Avatar 2's voice and Priam's voice a lot. (Friggin Jameson Pierce MAN voice "Prove it & see.")

LOLOLOL this would be the best thing ever

[

I had a bunch of my friends definitely like English Sumia better. The Japanese high pitched one is definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

You just made me get out of bed and make myself tea at 12:15 A.M.

The subliminal powers are great in this one

Anyways, I personally thought all the voices were done well, especially Libra and Anna's. Only person's that startled me was Lon'qu..... That is too low... Too low....kinda Scary....

Edited by Saint

I haven't used the Japanese voices but I've got no problem with the English ones. When I first heard Inigo I was a little thrown off (not how I imagined him sounding at all) but his voice has since grown on me. Michelle Ruff's FMU irritated me a little bit (I forget which option it was) but overall I thought the voices were pretty decent.

Edited by Disco

That would be really cool! Ephraim deserves to be voiced too! I'd love to hear him talk. x3

Oh. My. God. .....*fan girl squee* Now I want them to make an FE8 remake that is voiced! It must happen! Joshua is too epic not to be voiced! T^T

YES PLEASE.

I wish all the characters didn't make such odd tones on some sentences. The weird noises they make sometimes don't go well with the dialogue.

I wish all the characters didn't make such odd tones on some sentences. The weird noises they make sometimes don't go well with the dialogue.

If you view like some S-supports, but don't pay attention to what they're saying just listen to the various grunts and noises, it sounds quite sexual. I had a friend ask me what the hell I was playing when watching the FeMU+Chrom S-support. It was pretty embarrassing.

If you view like some S-supports, but don't pay attention to what they're saying just listen to the various grunts and noises, it sounds quite sexual. I had a friend ask me what the hell I was playing when watching the FeMU+Chrom S-support. It was pretty embarrassing.

A friend in the game room commented to me that Olivia's S support with MU sounds like a hentai on Japanese voices.

I use the English voices, mainly due to the fact that I prefer English voice acting in general and felt that most of the voices fit the characters. (Granted I'll take a Japanese dub over a horrible English dub like in Megaman X4.) Oh also that I find quite a few of the Japanese female voices to be grating to the ears.

I find some of the Japanese voices to be pretty nice, but some *cough*Olivia*cough* just make me wanna punch someone in the face.

I tend to play with English voices because they seem to fit the characters more than the Japanese ones.

Here we go

The ears of mine is burning red

Her terrible voice tells me to move away

Take this, my hate, my anger, and all of my sorrow!

SHINING FINGER SWOOOOOORRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!

Good thing Rey used a Forged Killing Edge because screw WTD

A friend in the game room commented to me that Olivia's S support with MU sounds like a hentai on Japanese voices.

Pffffft, it's probably because of the mewling sigh she makes.

I doubt either Morgan is that age. I think in the thread to guess characters' ages, most children were actually put around that range (17-18)... so Morgan has to be younger than that. Both Morgans have amnesia so they act a lot younger than they might be... but I still think, at least with male Morgan, they sound way too deep...for children. Referring to Japanese voices, of course. I literally forgot all English voices. And I'd never go back. It's here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules --> located at the bottom of the forums (at least for me).

Thanks for linking the T.O.S., I really do appreciate it.

quit watching hentai on the 3ds.

just kidding. I don't even know if that's possible. :s

I don't see (or understand) what's so bad about Olivia's Japanese voice tbh, but.... I guess everyone's used to different tones of voices and whatnot in their life experiences.

I love Sugita's.

Edited by Shirley

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I do find almost every English voice pretty well, but since I've been a bit of an anime junkie in the past I always play with the Japanese ones on. I expected the English dub to be worse, tbh, but Japanese voice were really great news for me.

As said before, this is the most anime-like FE ever, and that includes character archetypes using typical anime characterization devices like hair colour and voices. I can see why people find Olivia's japanese voice slightly annoying, but it really suits her character.

I think good dubs give new insight on characters, but that's another story. I'd say I like both dubs. Even if I find english Severa quite irritating sometimes.

Even if I find english Severa quite irritating sometimes.

I like her Eng voice a lot to be honest. It fits her character perfectly. Also I love Severa regardless. *shot*

I did my first Hard playthrough only in Japanese and my Lunatic/Lunatic+ run only in English, so I can judge by knowing both.

And...

They're both good! I didn't expect it, but the English ones are very well done too.

Some details, though:

Jap Henry > Eng Henry. I just love his "SHINJEEEE ^_^" or how it's written

Jap Female Morgan > Eng Female Morgan. In English she just sounds too mature for her age. In Jap is cute.

Eng Male Morgan > Jap Male Morgan. I find that English voice really fitting. Also I can't see why people see Morgan as a spoiled brat, he's not THAT immature and annoying. He's pretty smart sometimes and has a cheering personalty. So, umh, why not.

Jap Olivia > Eng Olivia. Just because it fits her more. The Eng version is not bad, it's just that I can't see her with that voice for some reason.

Edited by Alfred Kamon