Do you like Owain?

Do you like Owain?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

I enjoy all kinds of old, dorky mecha anime and their related tropes.

Owain is like getting to have my cake, and eat it.

Edited by LunaSaint

Gods, yes. Even though I'm newer to the series and don't get a lot of the references he makes, I love him to pieces. Whether he's in character or not, he always seems to find MY weakness.

I don't know his English version much, except for his FE title attack names.

I actually haven't gotten any of the children besides Azure/Inigo and Marc/Morgan.

But I know I do like his Japanese one.

*is the only No vote apparently* I think he's too over the top, like most of Awakening's cast. Ending almost every sentence with an exclamation point is irritating.

If he's like the way he is 100% of the time then I probably would've lol'd at him for a while before getting tired of him, but we do get to see different aspects of his character in the more character/plot heavy DLCs like Future Past 2 and his convo with MU in Hot Spring Scramble. Those gave me feels. I like feels. Yay Owain.

Owain isn't always about his twitching sword-hand and past Fire Emblem references and tomfoolery, he actually has a side to him that shows he really did grow up in an apocalyptic hellscape

like Thor said, if he was like that all the time he'd be boring and one-dimensional. Thanks to his supports and DLC conversations his character is more fleshed out.

In the supports with his Father, he tells his father how he took a hit for him, and died in the process. The guilt weighed on him from the traumatic experience, and he freaks out when his present time Father takes an arrow for him.

In his conversations with Inigo in Harvest Scramble, Owain talks to him about how the first arrived in the current time, and were forced to kill human beings. Both of them talked about how jarring it was, and how unsettled they were because of this.]

If anything, Owain's personality is more of a coping mechanism for all of his doubts and fears he had in the future. To me that makes him seem like a really awesome and one of the more human-like characters in the game

Owain isn't always about his twitching sword-hand and past Fire Emblem references and tomfoolery, he actually has a side to him that shows he really did grow up in an apocalyptic hellscape

like Thor said, if he was like that all the time he'd be boring and one-dimensional. Thanks to his supports and DLC conversations his character is more fleshed out.

In the supports with his Father, he tells his father how he took a hit for him, and died in the process. The guilt weighed on him from the traumatic experience, and he freaks out when his present time Father takes an arrow for him.

In his conversations with Inigo in Harvest Scramble, Owain talks to him about how the first arrived in the current time, and were forced to kill human beings. Both of them talked about how jarring it was, and how unsettled they were because of this.]

If anything, Owain's personality is more of a coping mechanism for all of his doubts and fears he had in the future. To me that makes him seem like a really awesome and one of the more human-like characters in the game

Thisssss...

I love Owain personally. I just love Chrom more. He's adorable and he's awesome with his dorkiness and references to past FE games. I actually did play the old FE games so it's a refreshing aspect of him. And the FoD2 conversations were SO touching... Made him more lovable.

I think he's too over the top, like most of Awakening's cast. Ending almost every sentence with an exclamation point is irritating.

To be fair, though, the children do come from a pretty grim future where humanity was all but wiped out. Supposing I came from such a future, I'd probably try to find a way to cope, like Owain and Cynthia did. (The latter wasn't always the way she is, either.) And as far as being over the top, I don't really mind that - I'm personally more attached to most of this game's cast than any other FE game.

Having said that, I like how hammy he is, and how he reminds me of Gilgamesh.

I like him. Admittedly I tend to glaze through his dramatic dialogue, but when he's talking normally I find him endearing. He's a bit odd, but can be reasonable and good-spirited. Appearance-wise, I think he's the most attractive of the second generation guys. Those eyes, man...

Also, his conversation with the Avatar if they're married is hands-down my favorite out of the Avatar conversations in the Scramble Series.

Uh I like him, but I'm more in the indifferent option... I don't use him actually, but still I like him, just not like some other characters (namely Lucina, Inigo and Gerome)