Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE5 Sety is more broken, as is FE4 Sigurd.

FE5 Sety is only available for like three chapters so :/

Sigurd doesn't have 1-2 range weapon and even if he can solo some chapters he fears every mages (especially the silence staff guy and Sandima) and is only available for the half of the game.

And Avatar has the possibility to manipulated his growths and bases stats and also reclass to every class of his gender not to mention his insta-paragon 0.5.

Male Avatar

Pros:

Has access to every class (except for female only classes)
Can use every weapon (excluding preference weapons)
Can get every skill aside from female exclusive skills
Veteran allows for faster growth
Can have two stupid powerful children with any first gen female. (Excluding Anna, Sayri, and Tiki)

Cons:

None I can think of at this moment

Male Avatar rating: 10/10

Female Avatar

Pros:

Has access to every class (except for male only classes)
Can use every weapon (excluding preference weapons)
Can get every skill aside from male exclusive skills
Veteran allows for faster growth

Cons:

Can only have two stupid powerful children with Chrom

Female Avatar rating: 9.5/10

Edited by Zelos

Female Avatar: 9.5/10 (Can only have one powerful child not counting Chrom support)

Male Avatar: 8/10 (lack of galeforce unlike the female avatar)

Female 10/10

Male 9.46345476wr346735463/10 (rounded to 9.5/10)

Don't think I should need to explain this one.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Heh, the Avatar.

Let's start with Male:

Much like Chrom, he has perfect availability. He's the customizable unit of the game, one can even choose his/her gender and his best stat and worst stat. I usually go +spd -lck or -str because it lets him double early on with a Chrom support, which helps him get exp with some ORKOs. His growths are pretty mediocre, but due to Veteran, he should be better than your other units anyway (even if he doesn't grow that well/got a bit screwed) because of the ridiculous level lead. He has access to every male class in the game with a Second Seal, and Veteran allows him to get away with anything. He can go Grandmaster (which is a mediocre class) for Rally Spectrum, which is an awesome skill that helps your teammates. While he could also go Sage for Tomefaire Rescue range (and Rescue in general). Or he could go Physical and be a Paladin or Griffon Rider or Swordmaster...you get it. He can do anything he wants, except bang Chrom and get Galeforce that is :P . He has 2 weapon types at first, swords and tomes. Tomes are obviously the better choice, due to hitting res and having 1-2 range. Swords are...very unpractical but it has it's uses, like ORKO'ing mages in Prologue and standing on a fort vs axe enemies in Ch1. He can support and bang every single.female unit in the game. He also makes a good father, passing Veteran to his children for faster growth.

9.5/10 -1 bias because I can and will always hate this game's Avatar 8.5/10

Now for female:

All of what I said above still applies, except this one can bang Chrom to get an OP Lucina and can support every male and has access to the Pegasus Knight class tree.

10/10 would give bias but I actually quite like Female Avatar in this game.

Both pretty much wreck the game. There's not a lot to say honestly. Female gets Galeforce, Male gets two kids. Both are pretty good deals.

10/10 for both

Female: Is prone to dying if the player is a fucking moron. Has boobs. 99%.

Male: Is prone to dying if the player is a fucking moron. Doesn't have boobs. 96%. That's 1% per boob missing and 1% for lack of Galeforce.

Edited by Raven

Female MU - 10/10, access to Galeforce, but can't marry anyone but Chrom to have a child.

Male MU - 10/10, while doesn't have Galeforce access, can easily marry someone with it and be a great Paired up team. Can break most children as well.

+ Galefart for LTC if a gal, a whole bunch of other options for grinding

+ Flexibility makes Avatar great for anything

+ Veteran

+ Can pass Veteran onto their kids

- Start isn't too hot depending on who Chrom gets (Avatar loves having Chrom in the beginning, but Fred does too and Chrom likes having both)

- 1 bias because the personalities suck

8.75/10 Female 8.25 for Male

Also Veteran!Lucina isn't too much greater than the other Avatar!Kids (except for like Brady, Yarne and debatably Noire). Owain, Severa and Inigo can reclass to Cav like Lucina does. Kjelle can go to Peg Knight. Laurent, Cynthia and Gerome can promote at base and Nah is fine with Manakete. The only thing Lucina brings to the table, as opposed to the rest of the kids, is Parallel Falchion (even though this is a pretty nice thing to bring to the table).

Edited by Dinfinitysymbolfina

Hoo boy.

Stat Rating: 9/10 I guess I should rate this, too. Avatar isn't quite Frederick, but not by much, given the higher exp gain. Customizability is great.

Class Rating: 10/10 Tactician is a great class, being able to use Tomes and Swords, and Ignis and Rally Spectrum are among the best skills in the game.

Weapon Rating: 9/10 Instant access to magic is great earlygame, and no non-Shadowgift unit has more versatility here. The only drawback is the lack of Prf weapons.

Class Set Rating: 9.8/10 Almost perfect class set. I subtract .2, however, on the grounds that Avatar can't access the unique and awesome classes that are Manakete, Taguel, or Conqueror.

Availability Rating: 10/10 Around all game--what more is there to say?

Support Rating: 10/10 Support ALL the units!

Total: 9.6. No bias because there are pluses and minuses to how they handled the self-inserting. Also can we please have more hair style options?

(I guess Chrom and Avatar are slightly nerfed in Casual due to how they're required to survive, but... Okay, I'll bias this down to 9.5)

Ohhh boy, Avatar.

Pros:

Has every class available upon reclass barring gender specifics.

Supports with anyone ever.

Growths are great.

Get to choose the modifiers.

IGNIS

Is always on your team.

Cons:

Ummm...yeah i got nothing really, aside from FeAvatar only getting one kid unless Chrom'd.

Avatar of either gender is broken and wrong.

Their start may be shaky but due to Veteran, they will level quickly and soon be your main powerhouse. Avatar can reclass to anything depending on gender. When creating your Avatar, you can put in place their modifiers to some extent. Want a higher speed stat and growth? Speed asset! woo! Ive only had one Avatar that had flipped off the RNG god and got shitass everything. I had to restart but it hasnt happened since.

Ignis is a kick ass skill and so is Rally Spectrum. These are worth getting. I also love to reclass my Avatars so they have shit like Galeforce and breaker skills. Avatar's support pool is everyone including spotpass paralogue peeps. Male Avatar can marry Aversa and pass Shadowgift to Morgs. Sorry but thats awesome in my eyes.

Female Avatar can only have one kid unless married to Chrom whereas Male Avatar can have two. Im not sure if thats a valid enough con though.

10/10 because possibilities are endless!

First and foremost-- the Avatar is the only completely customizable unit in the army. This being said, it allows the player to be part of the game regardless if you like the supports or not. For this alone I'd give IS kudos for doing. Secondly, the Avatar has a child that is associated with it regardless of gender. Another plus in my opinion seeing as children are just so much better than their first gen counterparts. Now, to get to the more controversial topics:

Male Avatar;;

Personally, I love the male Avatar. First off, you start as a Tactician-- off the bat you have a 1-2 range plus you level up faster than anyone else. Secondly, you choose whatever stats you want to excel in or let flounder which ultimately shapes just how good (or terrible) your unit really is... yes I'm talking to you all those who picked HP or Spd as your flaw. Thirdly, you can reclass and promote into any Male class. This opens up a plethora of options allowing the male avatar to be shaped in whatever way the player deems fit. By extension, the Avatar can wield any weapon and wear any hat. They can form a relationship with anyone, even of the second generation. Ultimately, this unit's strength lies in its adaptability and makes it the strongest first gen unit in the game.

10/10

Female Avatar;;

Only con I can see that I haven't listed in some variation above is that there is a distinct LACK of potential suitors to choose from. I mean, if you're gonna marry your unit off to a guy, he'd need to add something NEW to the mix. Since none of the male units present new classes, the next best thing is unique skills to spread among your units. Chrom, Donnel and Walhart are the only three that I can see feasibly contributing in such a way off the top of my head.

9.5/10

Male Avatar gets a 8.5/10 if we're talking non-Streetpass, but 10/10 if Streetpass. Having access to all classes and Counter makes for excellent trolling in Streetpass battles.

Female Avatar gets 9.5/10 overall. Lack of choices that give her anything but Morgan (only Chrom), but makes up for it with Galeforce access and overall better choices for Morgan in my honest opinion.

10/10

it's fucking hilarious how people are giving male avatar a full point less than female avatar because of galeforce.

Note: I'm not calling anyone out (well the person who gave male avatar an 8, and female avatar a 9.5 deserves a nobel prize) I just think its funny. Like if galeforce never existed, then both characters would receive similar scores, but the existence of galeforce somehow justifies rating male avatar THAT MUCH lower than Female avatar (and other characters)

10/10

it's fucking hilarious how people are giving male avatar a full point less than female avatar because of galeforce.

Note: I'm not calling anyone out (well the person who gave male avatar an 8, and female avatar a 9.5 deserves a nobel prize) I just think its funny. Like if galeforce never existed, then both characters would receive similar scores, but the existence of galeforce somehow justifies rating male avatar THAT MUCH lower than Female avatar (and other characters)

Female's advantage isnt JUST galeforce. Dark Flier uses mag and flies, so its naturally pretty good for Avatar. She can also pass down Veteran to Lucina. These are advantages worthy of a point at least. Though I gave 9.5 to male avatar and substracted because of bias. So I doubt you meant me.

Female's advantage isnt JUST galeforce. Dark Flier uses mag and flies, so its naturally pretty good for Avatar. She can also pass down Veteran to Lucina. These are advantages worthy of a point at least. Though I gave 9.5 to male avatar and substracted because of bias. So I doubt you meant me.

She gets a mediocre class that doesn't suck "as much" with it, compared to its other users, and galeforce (though, I admit she's one of the only characters that can get galeforce legitimately) which is pretty nice, but that doesn't put her a full point ahead of her male counterpart, who has different advantages. (FeMU is basically forced to marry Chrom for 2 souped up children while MaMU can make pretty every single child unit in the game viable)

But even that's not the issue. We're rating characters in a vacuum. FeMU's existence does not suddenly make MaMU "that much worse" or at least, not a unit that deserves a fucking 8.0, when said unit can break the game in half. Sure he doesn't have access to Galeforce, but he doesn't need it to completely destroy this game.

TL;DR: Galeforce access is just the cherry on top for a stupidly broken character. Its existence should not be used to undervalue a character. (i'm 99.99% sure both characters would be getting 10s if the ability did not exist)

PS: Bias system is stupid

Edited by PK Gaming

Because I like female Avatar's customization more than male's? Because she can be Lucina's mother in that one scene in Chapter 21? Also, because she can get to be my favorite FE class, which is peg knight. Idk, it could be those, but you may just dismiss me as another galeforce hyper.

Thank you everyone day 3 is now open.

Lissa is the first healer we get and the only one for six chapters till we get marriabele.

Pros:

Can help you last longer

Rescue staff

Okay growths

Cons:

No combat till at least chapter 8

Healers aren't as important in this game as in the past.

All in all Lissa is a good healer that can help if you have a rough early game but once libra and Anna come along she gets forgotten.

7/10 no bias

Edited by Randa

Lissa's a nice girl. Shame she's a pain to level.

She has some utility because E rank Rescue staves kind of rocks, but it isn't really needed in the beginning until much later in the game. Also, she's not really gonna be needed too much since healing in FE13 isn't really necessary, and she'll always be fragile as hell. If she's paired, you better hope to God that she gets good enough stats for Owain.

4.5/10. She helps out early when needed, but it's rare for her to see longterm use.

Lissa, Endgame's Waifu

Pros:

Uses Staff I guess Rescue staff is useful during like.... chapter 5 if you actually get it from Donny's chapter

Can get mounts on Reclass

Cons:

DAT BASE STATS

E Staff Rank. Its enough to use Rescue but like 2 Rank before Physic and Ward

In HM, Lissa's showtime is basically chapter 5 Rescue staff(prologue, 1, 2, 3, and 4 is a joke) and thats it. Thats several chapters before Libra arrive with better base stats and surprisingly better growth than Lissa.

On her own rights, Lissa has 50% Mag Growth and 5 Base, which IIRC averages at 17.5 MAG at 20/1 Sage

Can get Galeforce, but I don;t think she can get it in reasonable time frame with Reclass Pegs considering her 30% STR growth and 1 Base STR, or by reclassing as level 10 Sage

2/10

3/10 bias because grandmother of Ike

Edited by JSND

She gets a mediocre class that doesn't suck "as much" with it, compared to its other users, and galeforce (though, I admit she's one of the only characters that can get galeforce legitimately) which is pretty nice, but that doesn't put her a full point ahead of her male counterpart, who has different advantages. (FeMU is basically forced to marry Chrom for 2 souped up children while MaMU can make pretty every single child unit in the game viable)

But even that's not the issue. We're rating characters in a vacuum. FeMU's existence does not suddenly make MaMU "that much worse" or at least, not a unit that deserves a fucking 8.0, when said unit can break the game in half. Sure he doesn't have access to Galeforce, but he doesn't need it to completely destroy this game.

TL;DR: Galeforce access is just the cherry on top for a stupidly broken character. Its existence should not be used to unduervalue a character. (i'm 99.99% sure both characters would be getting 10s if the ability did not exist)

PS: Bias system is stupid

Can you go a single post without flaming someone for their views? Stop taking things so seriously.