Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, sorry, but is it worth to reclass for the first time a lv23 Panne into a Wyvern Rider? Or it's better to wait for lv30 to reclass directly into Wy Lord/Gr Rider?

On topic: I was never really found of Panne because it's silly to have two magical races which works exactly the same (Taguel would be actually interesting with a Laguz-like bar, but this was discussed to no end already), especially when the other race is much better. Panne itself has sfrig-ton of speed and decent attack power, but she's locked to 1 range, and that hurts her. It seems she really shines only once reclassed, but based entirely by my taguel-only Panne, I give her a 6.5... Plus 0.5 Bias because she seems really effective as a flying unit.

This line of logic doesn't cut it. Even if you assume for some reason that Panne isn't getting the first Seal, she can still claim the next one and tear through the enemies of this game like useless meatsacks. Why are you assuming that she gets no Seals and has to remain Taguel? Even if you have to run through that frankly unimpressive queue of units who want a seal, a later Wyvern Panne is still better than the arbitrarily low scores you guys gave her. Her growths as a Taguel are still very high, and after a while of casual usage she'd hit the jackpot the second she reclasses.

I don't even care if you guys change your scores, since they're pretty obvious troll votes; just don't bother justifying them with BS.

Wtf? Troll votes?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40004

Mid Tier

Anna

Panne

Tharja

Say'ri

Vaike

Kellam

Deity: 9.5/10

Turnshaver: 6-9/10

Top Tier: 5-5.5/10

High Tier: 4-4.5/10

Mid Tier: 3-3.5/10

Low Tier: 1-2.5/10

Bottom: 0

The people here are being ridiculous. How the hell is Panne getting the same ratings as the Avatar? Panne comes in Chapter 6 and doesn't have Veteran. Absolutely ridiculous.

The Second Seal is in competition--Lon'qu can take it. The Avatar gets it for sure if Renown is not assumed.

Edited by Chiki

I don't think anyone follows your tier list criteria but yourself.

And thanks for ignoring our reasons for giving Panne the 9/10's she actually deserves.

I don't think anyone follows your tier list criteria but yourself.

And thanks for ignoring our reasons for giving Panne the 9/10's she actually deserves.

I was accused of trolling. I said nothing about other people following my tier list criteria.

How the hell is Panne getting the same ratings as the Avatar?

Of course you didn't.

It's one thing to defend your rating, and another to try and discredit everyone else's

Edited by Constable Reggie

I said nothing about my criteria. Their ratings are really peculiar even considering efficiency. The Avatar is amazingly getting the same ratings as Panne? Wtf? The Avatar is on a completely different level.

8/10 sure, but not 10. Ridiculous.

Because almost no one here is ranking off of LTC? I agree that Panne is worse than Avatar, but not much if you aren't going for the absolute minimum turncounts. She turns into a flying death-god, while in my experience Avatar likes keeping tomes, which keeps him/her on foot for a while.

Olwen/Chiki/Aeine's (or however many vowels there are) vote isn't a troll vote. It's based on a legitimate playstyle, and he's giving nearly everyone bad scores, anyways. I would count it, were I in charge. bearclaw's ranking I wouldn't, since it's based on her not being able to get a second seal and also not being as durable as your team. The first is just silly, and the second is flat-out wrong.

Edited by Rewjeo

Quit being pedantic. If you link your tier list criteria, then complain about people not giving what you feel to be appropriate scores, then it's pretty obvious that you're complaining about people not following the "right" criteria.

Keep in mind that, likely, the majority of voters here don't give a shit about efficiency. This is not a tier list.

Amazing as a Wyvern, Second Seal isn't in huge competition in Hard. Those 4 levels kind of suck, though, and she's not got much other choice to be good. 8.5/10

BUNNY!!

Pros:

Big Ass Bunny!

Good base speed.

Decent support partner.

Cons:

A little bit shaky at first.

Reclass options are kinda ehh.

Panne is a good unit. Shes pretty solid once she gets going. At base, shes not tanking very much, but shes got a really good offense output. Isnt she more of an Avoid partner? Someone refresh me... Shes a decent unit to pair up with and help murder junk. Her reclassing options arent amazing, but her Wyvern option is pretty damn nice. Adds for some more tank to her. Plus she can murder things very easily with just an iron axe. Yeah man.

She can make baby bunnies with sharp pointy teeth with every first gen (non-spotpass) dude barring Chrom. Not bad.

8/10

Edited by Florina Stark

Amazing as a Wyvern, Second Seal isn't in huge competition in Hard. Those 4 levels kind of suck, though, and she's not got much other choice to be good. 8.5/10

this

BUNNY!!

Pros:

Big Ass Bunny!

Good base speed.

Decent support partner.

Cons:

Panne is a good unit. Shes pretty solid once she gets going. At base, shes not tanking very much, but shes got a really good offense output. Isnt she more of an Avoid partner? Someone refresh me... Shes a decent unit to pair up with and help murder junk. Her reclassing options arent amazing, but her Wyvern option is pretty damn nice. Adds for some more tank to her. Plus she can murder things very easily with just an iron axe. Yeah man.

She can make baby bunnies with sharp pointy teeth with every first gen (non-spotpass) dude barring Chrom. Not bad.

8/10

Since I just realized that I haven't rated yet. I will just use this.

On a side note.

Bunny. Bunny. Bunny. Bunny. Bunny. Bunny. BUNNY!!!!!!

Panne getting 10's is just as WTF as Panne getting a 3.3 and a 4. Sumia got a fucking 2/10 and no one freaked out.

Chiki legitimately views Panne that low. He made his own tier list just to show how he ranks the characters.His rating are extremely consistent and far from trolling. And Bearclaw, well hes got his views too.
Ok, Panne is good, but not Avatar good. Heck she isn't even as good as Sumia or Sully. Why? Less availability. Worse start due to Taguel. And she absolutely needs a SS to achieve her potential. Depending on the playstyle and possible "No Renown" restrictions that first SS is HIGHLY contested. Avatar will always want it, and in slower play, our healers could definitely want it. In casual play Donny would be be happier than a pig in slop to get it. Then there are the 10 or so others who might want it. To assume she gets it is a bit foolish. However, with it she is an absolute monster so.
8/10 - Avatar is a 10. PanPan might fight like 10 men, but PanPan is most certainly NOT Avatar.

BUNNY!!

Pros:

Big Ass Bunny!

Good base speed.

Decent support partner.

Cons:

8/10

Basically what i think of Panne

If your best selling point is one class that's not your own, and your starting class has relatively limited one-range weapon usage, that's not enough to warrant a 10 in my books. Yes, she'll be able to do something once a Second Seal crops up, but she'll need four levels first. She'll also need to be wary around mages for a very long time (especially those nuisances known as Dark Fliers with Rexcalibur).

7/10 (-1 bias included because I am sick and tired of all the arguing in this thread)

BUNNY!!

Pros:

Big Ass Bunny!

Good base speed.

Decent support partner.

Cons:

8/10

this, with +1 bias (9/10) because I see eclipse above me is tired of arguing, so i'll be a contrarian

Edited by shadykid

Finally, a unit that I can rate higher than 6

First off, Panne's bases are actually pretty good compared to several previous units; she has the base speed of Gaius, the HP base of Frederick, and the second highest str base when beaststone stats are accounted for. Sure, the fact that she has to use beaststones really holds her back early on, but she starts at lvl 6 and there are only 2/3 chapters until the first Second Seal (which is quite uncontested) is gotten. Her growths are bonkers, with 60% str, 75% speed, and 50% flipping def, and she keeps these ridiculous growths when she reclasses. Her only real drawbacks are the facts that shes limited to a 1 rng 6 mt weapon for 2/3 chapters or so and that her res will forever suck (she even loses 2 when reclassing to Wyvern Rider lol). Her skills, Even Rhythm and Beastbane, aren't really worth mentioning, and Beastbane is pretty situational so she can just reclass at 10 and not really miss much, though it is nice to have in Valm. She can support with Stahl, Frederick, and the Vaike to give her some nice physical bonuses.

She can reclass to Thief and have essentially the same drawbacks as a Taguel on top of 1 less mov until lvl 10, though she can eventually get Lucky Seven and Mov +1, so there's something I suppose. Reclassing into Wyvern Rider gives her the insanity that is flying axes, though she will have to build up that rank from E and, like earlier stated, will sink her res. The Wyvern Rider tree also gives access to silly skills like Quick Burn, Carrier, and the breaker skills, though the breakers are quite situational.

8/10, a 1 range weapon locked foot unit that becomes a flying monster that kills things dead with axes

Edited by The Batter

She's a real beast. I'd said Wyvern Knight Reclass isn't a necessity, but just an awesome bonus. (The only units who needs reclass are halers and Donnel).

Tagueel's bases aren't that great, but the promotionnal gains are cool

So, let me try :

+ Beastly Bases

+ Beastly Growth

+ cool reclasss options (Wyvern Knight rocks. and its promotions even more, Assassin is a pretty cool class)

- 1 range locked for a while

- Beastsones are costly, and pretty rare for a while, limiting her uses

- Low Res

Final Note 8.5/10, no bias

Taguels are actually the only class who would need Galeforce.

From my Sumia rating:

"Chapter 7 rolls in

Chrom: there's a mass of Dracoknight and our new flier is arrives late. Help?
Sumia: I can rescue drop Frederick or milord and have any of you solo them all
Chrom: orly?
Dracoknights: lol behold my manly defenses. Oh, what is that pegasus knight trying to solo us?
Sumia: tags in Frederick/Chrom
Dracoknights: oh crap

Cordelia: I just arrived and why do my introduction scene got skipped?

Route A

Frederick: because you suck. Stabs Cordelia with his Silver Lance using his special lance technique

Route B:

Frederick: because you are fail. Clones himself* and stabs Cordelia with his Silver Lance anyways

*The clone's name is Stahl, sometime a genetic mutation happened and the name become Vaike.

Chapter 8
Chrom: wait what do you mean the next chapters are desert?
Frederick: don't worry lord Chrom, just send that two Pegasus Knight that I just Stabbed with my Silver Lance(trademark) to solo the map. And Wyvern Sully, and for that one, I have also handled her with my Bronze Sword. With discipline.
Chrom: wait what
Frederick: don't worry, you can aim your falchion that way if you want to

Chap 8 boss: I have manly 10 spd. Gods fear my nosferatu!
Cordelia and Sumia: ROFL
The boss is dead

Par 3
Chrom: forest and nubfuck Villagers? It looks like a job for pegasus riding superhero!

Chapter 9
Chrom: oh, let me ride Sumia and recruit that monkwithaxe!

Libra: I am Alpha and Omega and why do I have manly base stats?

Campari: All goes according to Keikaku! I have Manry 49 HP and 20 Defense!

Sumia/Cordelia: http://www.Frederick.Hammer.com. *

* DemiseEnd note: Frederick Hammer means ORKO

Campari: FUUUUUU

Chapter 10
Mustafa: please don't kill my men. Especially the thieves. You can't cross the mountains anyway
Sumia and Cordelia: don't worry were just going to skip it because we flies. Also you lacks proper con to wield Axes other than Short Axe

Several chapters later

Cordelia and Sumia: Bro, do you even Galeforce?

The team: FUUUUUUU"

So, Cordelia is basically a sort of pseudo Prepromote who serves as a replacement if your Sumia did not turns out well, or you did not want to use Sumia(WTFISWRONGWITHYOU, or your name is Pedoclaw13), or you want another Pegasus Knight because PEGASUS KNIGHT IS EFFING WIN in hard mode

So, basically almost everything that applies for Sumia applies for her

Jointime wise, she is.... bad. The chapter is winnable before she even appeared. However, she also has perfect alvailability thanks to

Par 3 - She does pretty good, doubled stuff except for Pegs

Chapter 8 - Bias for Fliers

Chapter 9 - Read 8

Par 4 - Okay, this one is standard, but by now Cordy already build up some, and has Pair Up boost

Chapter 10 - Bias

Chapter 11 - She already become a beast by now

In comparison to Sumia she has:

- Base stats + growth that goes into durability route instead of Speed and Mag

- More broad pair up partner. This is not much of an advantage IMO because

*Stahl - Stahl's speed is not that useful as a whole(for example, a Tonic + Stahl did not double that Par 3 Pegs). Not to mention Sully x Stahl is my OTP

*Vaike - For the most part comparable to Freddy.

*Kellam - Hell if I know if he can reach level 10

- Her child is undeniably worse because Cynthia is made of win >_>(althouh she get credit for increasing Cynthia's alvailability)

- Less Alvailability. In Awakening, this also means an immediate +2 STR, +2 DEF, and 50%-ish chance of ORKOing anything thanks to lolpairupds and lolsupportrank

Basically a really good unit that is only limited by building up her support rank before she started owning stuff. IMO the third best unit in Hard Mode(no need to guess the first and second :Kappa: )

Also the second best Gen 1 after maximized >_>

9/10

+0.2 Bias because her characterization is ruined by silly gimmick, and she is such a bro :tangerinedry:

Also "why Cordelia sucks as a character"

Edited by JSND