Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Come on demise. We both know I killed off Sumia on accident.... (unless you haven't gotten that far yet...)

So Cordelia, She's pretty great but her availability is kind of lamesauce compared to the game's best characters. That's not that bad because comparing Cordelia to top tiers and the like typically isn't a fair match up so wtv.

To my actual rating now that I've explained why whatever PKL gives will be too high.

Pros (yes I'm doing a list)

-Good all around stats

-Good reclass options

-Good support options

Cons

-Her availability, while great, isn't as good as the availability as like half of the cast.

-Her best support options are often going elsewhere before she arrives.

-Her planned support often has to take a sub-par support option while they wait for her.

7/10 -1 bias because she's the second most overrated character in the game (story and characterization wise)

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordelia...

Pros:

* Decent bases.

* Good growths. Actually gains Strength as the game progresses.

* Lategame is good.

* Broader pair-up options than Sumia, meaning she can take Vaike, Stahl, etc.

* Best first-gen Falcon Knight.

Cons:

* Awailability is lower compared to some of the other units.

* Bases and level are kind of low for the Chapter she joins in.

* Most pair-up options have to make do with less-than-optimal options before she arrives.

* Worst first-gen Dark Flier.

Cordelia joins later than Sumia, and has low bases for her join time, but her Strength and Defense will often be far higher than her when trained (but her Speed, Magic, and Resistance will be lower). This makes her able to damage things in the late-game compared to Sumia, and makes her the better Falcon Knight, but her lower Magic stat means she can't really go Dark Flier and expect to do as well as her. In the end, Cordelia will end up with more killing power, but Sumia's awailability means she most likely ends up the better unit as a whole. Still, that is no excuse to not use Cordelia, especially since Pair-Up exists, and because she starts in such a good class.

Rating: 7.5/10 (No bias. I have no inclinations for or against her.)

Her awailability significantly brings down her score, but Cordelia will end up a good unit. Use both her and Sumia as you can't really go wrong with either of them.

Cordelia:

Pros:

Her base stats actually make her able to take a hit. (unlike Sumia)

Has good growths.

Has good modifiers.

Is great as a Falcon Knight.

If you want to reclass her she's really good as a Mercenary/Hero.

Most of her reclass options fix her weaknesses as a Pegasus Knight. (Axebreaker as a Hero, Bowbreaker as a Bowknight, and Tomebreaker as a Sorcerer.)

Cons:

Comes later than Sumia.

Aside from getting Tomebreaker her Dark Mage reclass option is terrible for her.

Her low magic makes the Dark Flier reclass only good for getting Galeforce, unlike Sumia who can actually use that class somewhat effectively.

All in all Cordelia is a great unit.

Score: 9/10

Edited by Zelos

Cordelia: 10/10

Best non-MU class range of a first gen unit in the game, amazing stats and skills, and overall <3.

edit: no bias btw

Edited by Vapo

10/10, with and without bias.

She's pretty darn good. Has access to Galeforce, Armsthrift, and Sol is amazing. Her mods just screaming physical class so Dark Mage is redundant on her, but ehh, who cares about Dark Mage(for me at least). Plus, as a Falcon Knight she wrecks stuffs.

Also, I think she has a nice personality and appearance(ALL right, I guess appearance doesn't matter since no one will find her ugly). Her unrequited love is a tad spoken too much, and I think it's silly because she doesn't mention it a lot.

I won't even bother with DemiseEnd's guide since he still thinks Cordy is a pretty good character outside the gimmick which is rarely mentioned by her

When I read DemiseEndJSND's review, I admit I lost it at Libra's part. So much win.

Edited by Noire

Cordelia:

Pros:

Has good growths.

Has good modifiers.

Most of her reclass options fix her weaknesses as a Pegasus Knight. (Axebreaker as a Hero, Bowbreaker as a Bowknight, and Tomebreaker as a Sorcerer.)

Cons:

Comes later than Sumia.

Aside from getting Tomebreaker her Dark Mage reclass option is terrible for her.

Her low magic makes the Dark Flier reclass only good for getting Galeforce, unlike Sumia who can actually use that class somewhat effectively.

I'm lazy, so I'll use this. Well, +.2 bias because she really doesn't deserve all the flak she gets from Chrom fangirls. :/ Oh, and she had Severa. Instant win. 9.2/10

Cordelia:

Pros:

Has good growths.

Has good modifiers.

Cons:

Comes later than Sumia.

Yeah this sums up my views nicely but add a +1 bias for Cordelia (My waifu)

Cordelia:

Pros:

Has good growths.

Has good modifiers.

Cons:

Comes later than Sumia.

Score: 9.5/10

this, except i'll give her a 9.5 instead, and a +0.5 bias for dat red hair, so 10/10

Edited by shadykid

BUNNY!!

Pros:

Big Ass Bunny!

Good base speed.

Decent support partner.

Cons:

A little bit shaky at first.

Reclass options are kinda ehh.

I'm sorry what

Wyvern Rider Panne is ehh? Um... have you ever even seen how powerful that monster is? I couldn't imagine Thief being all that ehh either.

ANYWAY Cordelia

I personally prefer using Cordelia over Sumia. She'll start off with decent bases that'll leave her on-par/a little behind an average Sumia, and will eventually catch up. She's not as fast, but since she's a P.G, that's redundant. What I like about her the most is the fact that her strength is actually pretty good for a pegasus knight, keeping up with some of the decently offensive classes. Her reclassing options are also great, offering Mercenary's absolutely awesome Armsthrift, along with Sol from Hero, a class she works very nicely in. Dark Mage line has Lifetaker, Tomebreaker and Vengeance, which are also all decent for her. Like Sumia, she also gets Galeforce quickly, as will her daughter. All in all, a very good unit, even though some may say Sumia is better.

8.5/10, though 7.5/10 with bias because her fawning over Chrom even when married just really irks me at times, even when she acts like she's over it.

Edited by The Fush

I literally laughed at all the 10s. You guys seriously consider Cordelia to be perfect?

It's a trap, but I'll answer it anyways

Actually, I want to give her 9/10, because Dark Mage ruins her a bit...Oh wait, bias system exists.

But still, I'm not going to use it.

Gah, I missed another day.

Panne is a very good unit. The beast weakness is hardly a problem in awakening, in all honesty, though it is more prevalent than a dragon weakness. Her only issues are her very difficult join chapter and her shaky defense. Though she hates resistance as well, that only becomes a problem in late-to-postgame, as she usually dodges everything with such high speed.

Makes a great not taguel as well, especially as a Thief or Assassin. Great growths, great bases, but has a somewhat shaky join.

A good unit that is very easy to train and has a lot of payout in the end. Overall: 8.5/10

Personality wise, I hate her. I don't care how mad she is, she didn't have to open her fat mouth to Emmeryn.

Ok, so now Cordelia.

Cordelia, in her join chapter, is very useful with the right pair-ups due to being a flying unit. If not paired, however, it is quite easy to see her get killed instantly, like most other units at this point. Cordelia comes in with very good bases in the Offensive department, and grows accordingly well, and never really lacks for any stat besides possibly magic and luck. She also has extremely useful reclasses, having access to Armsthrift!, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Sol, and Tomebreaker, which are all very solid skills. She is easy to train and easily versatile with her starting weapons and flying, and reclassing easily makes her a powerhouse with no real weakness.

Her modifiers are fantastic, and she has great support options, being a female.

One of the best first-generation units in the game. Overall, 9.5/10.

Personality wise, I am indifferent bordering fondness of her. She is rather boring, and like most Awakening characters lacks any real depth, but I find her funny.

Cordelia's starting stats are right where they need to be and she's more monstrous than Sumia once she gets going. Her skillset is awesome too. I'm currently working on Sol -> Axebreaker -> Galeforce in the main game. Idk if I'll reach Galeforce before endgame but lol, oh well. Axebreaker on a peg. knight is still godly anyway.

Only thing I'm wanting for is slightly better starting stats (they're just barely better than Sumia's for joining so much later). Other than that, she has it all: good offense, defense, Galeforce, flight, and awesome supports. Just shy of perfect.

EDIT: Just had another look at her starting stats. She has more strength than I thought she did and way more HP. Tbh, with Freddy support, she can just about do whatever she wants. Fantastic in all of my runs. I'm giving her a full 10/10 regardless of bias.

Edited by Inference

I personally consider Cordelia to be on the same level as Sumia in general usefulness (sue me, rage at me, agree to disagree, agree w/e I dont care). Sumia comes earlier, but is more rng screwable (ive had an 8 str and 6 def sumia at Level 15 before Dark Flier rage, at least she got good mag so I could use her with Henry) but due to coming earlier, is very useful with a fred combo. Cordelia comes with nice bases and makes a great pair with Stahl, who supplies her with the str and def she needs + a bit of spd if she were ever to miss doubling (I guess myrmidons in Ch8 but anything else she wont have an issue despite being slower than her friend). Her support library is huge, and shes got monstrous strength for a peg knight (60% str and 45% def growths wtf). Her bases could be better, but she still does her job just fine in Paralogue 3, where she can get kills to become even better while aiding the clear, and she does really well even without tonics in the desert. Damn fine support library, great growths, GALEFORCE. Also, an interesting thing is, for me, she caps def first always then str. I guess the combination of a good growth in it + a low cap does that.

9/10 +1 bias because omfg redhaired Peg and shes my waifu (actually Stahl's waifu in all my runs but w/e, MINOR DETAILS) 10/10

Edited by Peekayell

second pegasus knight with actual strength and ok defence

takes a few maps to get going to be really effective, but when that happens, she's a pretty good unit. i've found that without a speed pairup, she can miss doubling some of the faster enemies, since her speed base is actually pretty terrible for a pegasus knight, and her growth isn't fantastic for her class either. When I get to her map and i've been using sumia I see no point in using both of them, since Sumia is already so far ahead support and statwise that she's going to be taking a lot of the kills that fliers usually get ahead of the pack regardless, leaving cordy a little exp starved endrant/

anyway i think she's been getting a lot of high ratings so i'll give her 8-1 bias for a 7/10

takes a few maps to get going to be really effective, but when that happens, she's a pretty good unit. i've found that without a speed pairup, she can miss doubling some of the faster enemies, since her speed base is actually pretty terrible for a pegasus knight, and her growth isn't fantastic for her class either. When I get to her map and i've been using sumia I see no point in using both of them, since Sumia is already so far ahead support and statwise that she's going to be taking a lot of the kills that fliers usually get ahead of the pack regardless, leaving cordy a little exp starved endrant/

anyway i think she's been getting a lot of high ratings so i'll give her 8-1 bias for a 7/10

this. 7/10

stealing

Bias is still bias whether acknowledged or not

Cordelia

+ Flier who joins in a cliff- and mountain-filled map (granted she comes a few turns in)

+ Good bases and growths

+ Great reclass with access to all breakers she needs without Iote's Shield, Armsthrift, Sol, Galeforce, and Lancefaire

+ Fairly quick access to Galeforce

- Low magic makes Dark Mage branch iffy and Dark Flier only worth dipping into if you want Galeforce

- Double weakness in base class

- Comes a bit underleveled, though this is easily fixed

- Speed is good but not great

8.5/10 plus bias for being my wife 9/10

Agreed

10/10

She always does well when i use her, which is nearly every play through. She always becomes Dark Flier and still does very good in Magic. She also produces the god i call Severa when she is paired with my avatar, which is in all male playthroughs.