Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

I brought Donnel down a point, because the positive points I listed are unfortunately detrimental to your team because to GET him good, you have to take time away from other units who are obviously superior, such as Stahl and Sumia, and the C8 second seal is better for Panne and Avatar.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres 2 SS.by then

Personally I like GM MU and Panne to get the seals

Which brings Sully on the table

/Kappa

/Jebailey

/Donnysucks

You think having don as his name should make him amazing by default

Edited by JSND

Theres 2 SS.by then

You're talking about the one in the Renown awards, right? Well then there. Avatar and Panne can reclass with them.

Sully doesn't need it.

Theres 2 SS.by then

/Kappa

/Jebailey

/Donnysucks

You think having don as his name should make him amazing by default

pothead negates that rule

0.5/10

A very counter-productive unit. He cannot kill anything without help and costs a Second Seal to be worth anything. With enough training, he does do reasonably well, but there's honestly no point when anyone else is easier to train and turns out just as good.

And can I give a negative bias point still? I dislike him for being hyped and overrated by newbies.

edit: you know what, this except 0/10, would drop him to negatives if I could

Edited by shadykid

Sully doesn't need it.

JSND is too biased to realize this

This is true the amount of people in front of Sully is fairly large as well. Panne, Vaike, Gaius, Chrom, Donnel (unlikely but eh), child characters (although these are later), I think there are more but I can't be asked to look for them right now.

Donnel can become one of the best units in the game besides lolavatar.

He's got 85% growths in str, skill, and speed, over 100% in HP and luck to abuse armsthrift, and over a sixty five percent defense growth as a merc. Basically, he becomes. Monster super fast. He needs a second seal, but merc is amazing and he becomes a beast. He will never fall behind the rest of your team.

He's not even that hard to train. Tonics, pair ups and forges all exist to ease the burden. Plus, he's not even like the normal est, since he comes before chapter 4. Chapter fucking 4. he quickly becomes a god.

Finally, lets not forget besides MU that he is the best father for female children. Aptitude, merc, and peg knight? Yes please.

You all are overstating how long it takes. Ove gotten him his level in his recruiting chapter in three turns. Unless you're one turning the chapter, hes not actually costing you that many turns.

Overall, he gets the inverted rating of Fredrick. Lousy earlygame, amazing mid-late game. 6/10, +1/10 bias. 7/10.

Edited by Bryan

Donnel lacks Luna

>_>

Activations aren't that great anyway.

Also posting this here.

I'm gone be out of my house for a little bit moderate the RTU while I'm gone. You have temporary power till I come back.

Terrible unit. Gets ORKO'd in his join chapter and requires pair ups to get his kills to get recruited. Even with pair ups, he sometimes has a chance to miss which makes his recruitment annoying when the RNG wants to say NO. It doesn't get better anytime soon either, as he's still doing terrible even with a level up. You have to constantly keep babying him until he gets Level 10 (if ever) so he can reclass to Mercenary. By the time he reclasses to mercenary or fighter, he will be stuck at E swords/E Axes and performing worse than others anyway. Foot units also get worse in mid-to-late game so Donnel is even royally screwed when trained. He has good growths, but good growths does not a good unit make. I wouldn't ever pair him up with anyone to get a better kid either in efficiency. As his terrible dual strikes and terrible pairup boosts hinders the lead unit. Basically, he's useless.

0/10 If I could I would -1 bias him to -1/10

Donnel

Pros:

Aptitude.

Villager has terrible base stats so if you manage to reclass him into a Mercenary he becomes nearly unstoppable.

Passes on Mercenary and Pegasus Knight to daughters.

Cons:

Aside from Mercenary/Hero his class options are pretty bad.

It's quite a pain to raise him. (Even more than Sumia)

Meh modifiers.

Starts out as the worst class in the game.

While his pros are pretty good, his cons make him nearly impossible to use without a ridiculous amount of babying.

1.5/10

Edited by Zelos

terrible unit with terrible bases and while he becomes a good unit, he still has no access to a high move class so he's still not that strong lategame despite his strong stats then. Also there's the whole reclassing out of villager thing that makes him lose his weapon rank no matter what, which was another fantastic move on IS's part.

0/10 +0.5 bias because POTHEAD so 0.5/10

oh turns out he can become a bowknight. might as well not have a mounted class still - its the worst mounted class in the game regardless.

Edited by General Horace

While his bases are terrible, Aptitude makes him grow like a truck. He is the new definition of 'babying' since Sacred Stones, since the villager is essentially a Trainee; but Aptitude is a wonder skill that allows him to just about do everything when he is finished with the class.

Because he ends up so well-rounded, though, his modifiers are average and somewhat lacking, especially in the Spd department.

Counter, Armsthrift, Sol Access. I don't know if this can be included, but he also passes a great gene to whatever kids he fathers.

He has no real weakness, not even in Res.

He also comes in early enough that babying and training are still needed on most of the team so he won't be hopelessly stranded by late-game. He is a long term unit and makes no illusions about it.

Personality wise, I love this guy. His accent has given me much mirth.

Because the ratings do not have to do with how well another unit can do the same things,

One of the best units in the game when trained. 9/10

GIT READY!!

Pros:

+Aptitude

+Mercenary

+Dat Luck!

+Mindrape Protector

+Passes Pegasus Knight to his daughters

Cons:

-Low bases

-Low caps

-Nerfs most of his children

-Pain to raise

-ORKO'd unless tonic'd and paired up

Overall: 4/10

Oh man, Donnel. From the second you see Donnel, you know you're looking at a grade-A badass. He's so badass in fact, that he wears a pot on his head (which obviously symbolizes marijuana use, and the initial downtrodden, but ultimately ascended states you take from it). Since my own style of play is to turtle like all hell and boss abuse, Donnel's initial lack of lack of everything doesn't matter to me. He practically has a bronze lance (what do you expect from a grade a badass). All his stats are a minor issue, but loltonics and pairups and whatever it is these days that makes stats irrelevant. Basically, he's one of the best characters in the game.

2/10 +1 bias for being one of the most depthful, complex, and realistic characters in any Fe game ever, 3/10

Edited by Constable Reggie

Awful unit with terrible bases, but this is hard mode where it isn't that difficult to train him, and since he does have some nice class choices and turns out really amazing, 2/10.

Donny! Er, that is...Donnel

+ Aptitude from the start makes the tedious task of leveling him somewhat easier at first, once promoted he will grow like crazy

+ Mercenary/Hero

+ Passes Pegknight to daughters, if you're into that sort of thing

- Villager screws him over from getting a third tier one class, and Fighter is pretty meh

- Awful bases

- Starts with lances but never uses them again

- Absolutely needs babying for 10-15 painfully slow level gains

- His fast growth makes him very useful in main game should you manage to promote him, but he's pretty average for postgame at best

2/10 he is so painful to train and you're generally better off benching him and investing in other units. But he does have potential, which prevents him getting a lower score. +0.5 bias because I like his character and his hair even if he doesn't (why do the two worst so far have the best hair?). So 2.5/10 with bias.

Pros

has appitude

can max out stats as early as level 10 (merc or fighter)

can get points of hp or luck in one level.

Can pass down apitude

Can become a hero or warrior

cons

Comes with a bad starting class

Bad bases

Limited re class options

8/10

terrible unit with terrible bases and while he becomes a good unit, he still has no access to a high move class so he's still not that strong lategame despite his strong stats then. Also there's the whole reclassing out of villager thing that makes him lose his weapon rank no matter what, which was another fantastic move on IS's part.

0/10 +0.5 bias because POTHEAD so 0.5/10

oh turns out he can become a bowknight. might as well not have a mounted class still - its the worst mounted class in the game regardless.

this.

POTHEAD

LOL Constable Reggie. Fucking genius.

Donnel sucks. Even when you train and baby him he still sucks ignoring LOL Villager, he has a total of 5 classes (2 tier 1, and 3 tier 2). His recruitment forces you to level him up. His bases are basically non-existent aside from LOLuck. He loses his Lance rank when you finally do get him a SS. His growth rates are really over-rated.

0/10 - Like PKL, I would give him a -1 Bias if I could.

Thanks to his recruitment requirement, I can't go full force on his own recruitment chapter. His saving graces are being able to pass Pegasus Knight to a girl that would otherwise not get it, and passing Aptitude to her (and the mother gets a small boost to Skill and Luck; about the only person that appreciates this is Tharja). Otherwise, it's at least nine levels of "why did IS do this" followed by "where's the nearest Arms Scroll" followed by "that took way too long". Put him front and center and he dies in a hurry. Put him anywhere else and he does no damage. Lovely.

1.5/10 (no bias)

EDIT: After a bit more thought, Sol/Counter is pretty amusing. Rally Strength is meh, but since his skill pool is so limited, he can pull it off.

Edited by eclipse

hmmm donny donny donny

+...Aptitude to his kids I guess

- Class set sucks (Hero is cool, bow knight and warrior are trash)

- Terrible mods for min maxing

- Is borderlined OHKOed in his join map, and is usually ORKOed by most of the map even with pair up

- Recruitment is stupidly annoying

- Relies on a second seal to be anything resembling decent

Yeah, I have nothing but 0/10 for him.

This but no bias

0/10. Probably the worst unit in the game.

Donnel is scoring a resolute 0/10 from me for his brutally difficult training, average growths that Aptitude just barely makes up for (even after the boost, his growths are comparable to Stahl's), and abysmal starting stats that negate anything positive I said about his growths. How are you supposed to level him up when he's missing or failing to damage almost every enemy he sets his sights on? He always has to be supported by a unit in order to do anything as a Villager, while offering no meaningful support himself should you decide you want the good unit in the front for a turn or two.

Donnel spends way too much time flailing around in order to be of any use as a unit. He's a negative on time spent, resources, and forces the team to cater to him for much of the game before he becomes the incredible unit we were promised. Why they decided not to let him keep lances upon reclass is beyond me.

EDIT: Brilliant idea, guy below me, quoting my unfinished post just to point out that I didn't finish it. You can edit that now.

Edited by Inference

Donnel's growths aren't even amazing. Aptitude just barely brings him up to parity. Compare his with Stahl and he's averaging like 10-15% leads. Stahl's superior bases and joi

Donnel could have been something great, but IS went too far out of their way to make him terrible. Stay in villager and gi

what the heck happened to your post, you want to finish those sentences?

Urgh, Donnel.

+ Passes Peg and Merc to girls.

+ Aptitude

- Unusable bases, even with pair up, tonics and forges.

- Awful class pool, saved only by Merc.

- Caps are terrible.

- His recruitment chapter requires you to level him up. This actually causes me to skip it most of the time.

- Requires a second seal.

Donnel goes from being a nightmare to train to making the game boring because of his stats. He adds nothing to the game outside of fatherhood, and massively hampers your progress just to recruit him.

0/10. Honestly, if his chapter wasn't so arduous I'd give him some points, but he's just a burden unless you're grinding.