What if we had two Avatars?

Zerker

Ephraim and Eirika all over again.

Oh wait...

To think about it, the plot could work like Eirika/Ephraim too(FeMU is searching of her missing fraternal twin(aka MaMU), and later you got to choose between joining MaMU or FeMU).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royal Incest Emblem

Female MU x Chrom (gets Lucina & M!Morgan)

Male MU x Lucina (gets F!Morgan)

M!Morgan x (Basilio & Flavia's daughter if they ever had one) (gets a son)

F!Morgan x said son (get a child)

... That family would be so broken. Not to mention that Gen 4 child.

What I think would be a nice idea is for in a future game where the Avatar is less needed for the ongoing plot, have 2 Avatars, one male and one female. You can just leave the other one as default if you are a boy/girl and don't want two representations in the universe.

I'll leave Rey alone because he already mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Zerker, this thread is beautiful.

Honestly, though, lorewise, there could be a few options. Half-sibling would work, but unrelated drifter could work as well.

And make it be less incest than normal for a Fire Emblem game.

Ephraim and Eirika all over again.

Relevant.

Where's my "Rightful God" skill when pairing two kids with "Rightful King"?

FE4 Mechanics ahoy.

super incest -.-

Rightful King means you're of royal blood. Marrying with the same blood make you purer?

They should give Rightful God when Tiki marry with MU.

super incest -.-

Rightful King means you're of royal blood. Marrying with the same blood make you purer?

YourescrewedupFE4.png

Does it not make sense if we accept this Old Man's word as truth?

Zerker, this thread is beautiful.

Honestly, though, lorewise, there could be a few options. Half-sibling would work, but unrelated drifter could work as well.

Relevant.

wincest.

super incest -.-

Same should be apply with MU x Nah.

As far as "drifter" is concerned - you could of course just have a "main" Avatar (a self-insert, created at the beginning of the game) and another, unrelated, opposite-gendered unit with Avatar mechanics (access to all classes, support everyone, etc.), possibly with much less plot relevance.

This means you would only have one "plot-important" Avatar, but still have a secondary one as well.

Or, going with the siblings route, you choose which sibling you play as, and the other could act as an antagonist for (part of) the game. That could be fun. I like the idea of a diverging story similar to FE8, even if the two stories might be mutually exclusive (e.g., who teams up with the Lord changes depending on which you pick).

super incest -.-

(I think) Rey was referring to FE4, in which if you marry two characters with the same sort of "Holy Blood" to each other, the kids will have super-Holy Blood, and (supposedly) be the reincarnation/vessel of the associated god (e.g., Julius).

EDIT: Ninja'd on this last point.

Edited by Euklyd

• 1 month later...

Mostly so I could refresh discussion in figuring out how this crazy idea would even hope to work. Though I suppose it might not be fair to take it apart at all levels. . .

Support wise, many characters have identical supports with both Avatars. Naturally, we run into a . . . slight problem of personality. Unless you're going the whole "almost identical fraternal twins" route. Though I still think it would be weird for two people - related or not - to name both their kids the same name.

Clearly, the fix for that is to let us name Morgan.

Then, of course, there's breaking the game. Or not, seeing as decreasing the effectiveness of each individual avatar would help alleviate some of the problems you see with difficulty.