Post Plegian War: Ideas with Priam

You remember that whole scuffle with Valm? I never cared for it, as I stated in a previous post, it just feels... Wrong. Priam on the other hand could make a potentially slightly more interesting second half of the game, in my opinion. Maybe the crew could've followed Priam on some sort of journey to help him find the mythical Ragnell, or have a physical or spiritual realization of some sort. Or they could have him "pull a Joshua" an he'd discover he was Ike's descendant and be given Ragnell. It'd ruin the contingency of the story, but I'm sure we could live without Excellus or Cervantes. I'd miss my sweet Cherche though... What do you make of this? Would you replace the Valm campaign? If so, with what?

I'm kinda mixed on this. If this arc didn't exist we woulden't have Say'ri [my favorite character in the game and all]. On the other hand it was a bit weaker then the first... Ehhh I'll get back to you on this It had both its pros and cons. The Priam idea you had would be pretty neato though.

Eh, I didn't like the second half of the game as much of the first, but I don't think I'd replace it entirely. Just make some tweeks so it was better. I think Priam would be better in his own game, personally, rather than just fan service for Ike fans in Awakening.

I'm kinda mixed on this. If this arc didn't exist we woulden't have Say'ri [my favorite character in the game and all]. On the other hand it was a bit weaker then the first... Ehhh I'll get back to you on this It had both its pros and cons. The Priam idea you had would be pretty neato though.

I appreciate the compliment, I wasn't sure if my little tangent with Priam would appeal to anyone.

Eh, I didn't like the second half of the game as much of the first, but I don't think I'd replace it entirely. Just make some tweeks so it was better. I think Priam would be better in his own game, personally, rather than just fan service for Ike fans in Awakening.

Heheheh, yeah, Fe14, starring Priam. It's a cool idea and I'd buy it on release date for sure. He wouldn't have ghetto aether, right?

I appreciate the compliment, I wasn't sure if my little tangent with Priam would appeal to anyone.

Heheheh, yeah, Fe14, starring Priam. It's a cool idea and I'd buy it on release date for sure. He wouldn't have ghetto aether, right?

Yeah, I'd say no Aether, just 'cause :P:

I wouldn't totally get rid of Valm. It could use a pretty big overhaul though...as could the plot in general.

As is, Valm feels so disconnected from the buildup of the first arc. After playing Future Past 1 and 2, I can think of one thing they could have done to (a) get Chrom and co. to cross the sea and (b) tie Valm into the rest of the story better...

Why didn't they write in Lucina and Tiki working together into the main story? This could have been so much better than what we got, imo. Future Tiki died iirc but Naga could have told Lucina to find her in the past to help her out and get her to help back. This would explain why Lucina dressed up as Marth (gain access to Tiki's tree fort), it gives Tiki a deserved bigger role in the story, it gives Lucina something to do between chapter 11 and her reappearance, and accomplishes the already mentioned goals.

Walhart was an unnecessary antagonist imo. Instead I would have liked to see Gangrel in a bigger role. And cut Validar too. Give Aversa his important stuff.

Priam doesn't really fit into the main story but I would be into him getting his own game...

What about how Robin was bred to be the second coming of Grima? Will Robin's parents not be seen in this version of Awakening?

I actually hated that the Avatar became such a showstealer, so if I had my way the whole Grima thing would play out differently ._. But that would take much more rethinking of the plot than I'm prepared to do at the moment XD Alternatively I guess I would be content with keeping Validar but making his character not be so...wimpy...and evil for the sake of being evil.

My primary complaint about the Valm arc is that Walhart and Yen'Fay don't get enough screen time.

It's only after the Valm arc is over that we learn that Walhart knows about the potential danger posed by the Grimleal with their plans for the resurrection of Grima - learning that earlier would have at the very least made for some more interesting character interactions, where Chrom and Co. argue with Walhart about his philosophy of using violent and oppressive conquest of the world as a means to avoid potential destruction of the world. We get a little bit of that sprinkled here and there, but it could have been so much better done, in my opinion.

Tied to that, and more infeasible, are the comparisons that can be drawn between Walhart and Alm. I won't get into all the connections at present, but especially given Alm's characterization in the DLC, Walhart always seemed to me like an Alm without Celica's more moderating influence. That's one thing I really like about his character - his rejection of supposed divinity (tragically only really witnessed in one conversation) is a direct echo of Alm's views and really resounds with the war-torn history of Archanea, Valm, and Jugdral - and really the entire Fire Emblem series as a whole.

Alas.

EDIT: Also, Owain, I wholeheartedly agree with your idea from two posts back.

Edited by Lhyonnaes

It'd ruin the contingency of the story, but I'm sure we could live without Excellus or Cervantes.

Blasphemy! No one could live without the glorious whiskers that make up Cervantes. If anything the Valm arc should have been entirely about Cervantes' beard.

I also agree that having Lucina searching for Tiki would have been a great way to connect the two.

I agree that Tiki needs more screentime as well.

Priam could've been im multiple Paralouges (like Anna, minus the clones) and hade a sidequest searching for Ragnell.

He should also have more supports for this reason.

Tied to that, and more infeasible, are the comparisons that can be drawn between Walhart and Alm. I won't get into all the connections at present, but especially given Alm's characterization in the DLC, Walhart always seemed to me like an Alm without Celica's more moderating influence. That's one thing I really like about his character - his rejection of supposed divinity (tragically only really witnessed in one conversation) is a direct echo of Alm's views and really resounds with the war-torn history of Archanea, Valm, and Jugdral - and really the entire Fire Emblem series as a whole.

I haven't played Gaiden, but I had a feeling Walhart was meant to be (for lack of a better word) "fanservicey" as Alm's descendant. Your post makes me wonder...it sounds like he could have been much more interesting with a little more screentime. I think they may have relied a bit too much on the fact that Japanese players would automatically be thinking about Alm and comparing him to Walhart on their own, which makes me sad ._.

I don't really see Walhart being based off of Alm. He seemed to be a basic antagonist, though I thought the arc's plotline and "bad guys" were pretty weak. I would have liked to see more development with Yen'fay and Tiki, as well.

What if Basillo's scene with Walhart was an actual chapter, with Basillo and Flavia being "Other" characters? That could have been interesting, and would have made Walhart a stronger Villain.

Edited by Melonhead