Lunatic+ playlog/guide/walkthrough - COMPLETED

Updated with Ch10. I opted not to use Lissa, because too many things have to go right for her to be effective here. I used Miriel instead, which works out anyway since 1) I needed to train her and 2) she needs to build support with Gregor.

[spoiler=Chapter 10: Renewal]

Is GREGOR TIME! This chapter finds us with competing goals: kill the thieves ASAP to secure their items, but also spend time going slowly in order to train our newest Swordguy. We'll be accomplishing both, by abusing pathing and terrain. Make sure that you have one or two decent Levin Swords for this chapter, and stuff Frederick full of healing items.

Keys to the chapter: Get Avatar next to the boss and your two unit pairs on the double forts ASAP, deal with the Riders first, kill as many thieves as possible, maximize EXP gain for Gregor. Reset if the two northern Riders both have Hawkeye (since Miriel will die). You MAY want to restart if the boss has Hawkeye/Luna+ combined, since that makes him untankable and prevents you from securing all four thieves.

Deployment this chapter will be Louise, Frederick, Gregor (reclass to Myrmidon), Cordelia, and Miriel. Frederick is needed for his Pair bonuses (+MV in particular), Cord is here because we need a flier, and Miriel/Gregor are present for training purposes (plus healing/Rescue in Miriel's case). There are two separate tracks, here.

First track: start Avatar as far left as possible, and Pair Fred onto her. This allow you to run straight through the fort and blast the Master Seal thief at diagonal 2-range, due to 9 MV. On the second Turn, do the same thing with the Seraph Robe thief (kill from upper right diagonal), Turn 3 move as far north as possible (Levin Sword helps here to keep you from being boxed in, but only if safe), and Turn 4 either move to the west or north side of the boss (north preferred due to one less facing, but both work).

[spoiler=NONE SHALL PASS.]IHpBJEo.jpg?1

Once Avatar is in position, you stay here forever (kill thieves with your Bow). If the final landing spot is too dangerous because of high Luna+ concentration, either tank in the bottom left corner (two facings) or sit on a fort (four facings, but auto-heal and defense that isn't ignored by Luna+). Note that if you don't sit next to the boss, the thieves will get away, so only do this if you can afford to give up the items.

Second track: put Chrom on Gregor, move north and Switch; put Miriel on Cordelia, fly onto the mountain Fort, Switch and Rescue the Chrom pair (puts them in the Fort above Miriel). This is your tanking zone. Miriel in my file has 52 listed avoid with a Cordelia support (also gave her SPD/LCK tonics). Add in +20 from the Fort, +5 from Chrom's Charm, +10 from two adjacent units, and Miriel has 87 effective Avoid, which goes up to 90 with a Gregor support instead. All Riders in this chapter have 100 HIT, so she is 10-13% listed; roughly only a 2-4% chance to get hit, and a tiny CoD with two attacks despite being 2HKO'ed. Concoction + Fort healing will erase one attack.

Use Chrom and Gregor to wipe out the Riders efficiently; you will face 3-4 immediately, and more on subsequent Turns as reinforcements come in (one from the South fort on Turns 6 and 7). There will also be a Soldier and a Barbarian with Short weapons that will walk over to play. Enemies will prioritize Miriel due to her godawful DEF, so use Falchion, Killing Edges, Levin Swords etc to wipe out the targets in turn. Keep in mind that Levin is good for avoiding Counter.

Once these guys are all dead, and Turn 7 has come and gone, land on the ground and make your way over to Avatar. The vast majority of the enemies are 1-range, so it's extremely easy to peel them off one at a time to feed to Gregor. The most annoying kind are the Counter/Hawkeye ones; just remember to use Levin Swords judiciously (you DID buy a couple, right?) and don't be shy about healing. Also keep in mind that Avatar can easily snipe some of the more annoying targets with a Bow if they happen to be in range. Kill the boss after everyone else is dead. Take care to not let any thieves escape in the process.

I gave the boss to Gregor, because he was on a roll anyway.

Turns: 43

Heroes: Louise & Frederick

Level HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Wlvl
Louise      7.44 60 30 18 21 31 32 31 15 A Swd, D Bow
Chrom      17.93 33 12 3  19 15 15 12 3  A Swd
Gregor     11.03 39 17 2  23 22 11 11 5  B Swd
Miriel      9.58 41 3  16 21 24 18 10 21 C Stf
Lissa      20.00 27 7  15 12 11 21 6  13 A Stf
Frederick   4.59 31 16 2  13 12 7  16 4  D Axe, C Swd, A Lnc

Supports   S - Louise|Chrom
           A - Louise|Frederick
           B - Louise|Lissa, Miriel|Kellam
           C - Chrom|Sully/Lissa, Louise|Miriel/Vaike, Miriel||Frederick, Frederick|Lissa
This was, as you can see, a hilariously lucrative training chapter. Gregor gained 10 levels, Miriel is 42 EXP away from a possible promotion to Valkyrie, and Louise picked up Rally SKL and made some good progress on her Bow rank.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=NONE SHALL PASS.]IHpBJEo.jpg?1

Turn count up the butt while tanking with bow. I really have to say this playthrough is amazing with the concept of using bows vs. counter as well as limiting the amount of attacks you take to the face.

Turn count up the butt while tanking with bow. I really have to say this playthrough is amazing with the concept of using bows vs. counter as well as limiting the amount of attacks you take to the face.

Thanks; the idea is that anyone should be able to replicate it. Concrete durability is extremely powerful when combined with decent avoid, even in Lunatic+. It will be a while before the wheels start falling off on Louise, and by then I am hoping to have a full team ready to go that can pick up the slack. Morgan as a Warrior is extremely powerful, and while I've not used Lucina in this style before, I think that she will be a strong contributor as well.

Also this time, I am training an Assassin properly. Before, I used Lon'qu as my Assassin and didn't start training Gregor until Ch15. Gregor has waaay better defensive growths than Lon'qu, so I'm hoping that combining the two will work, and make the trick last longer. I may regret not making a pass through Barbarian for Despoil, but without Veteran I can't wait too long (or use too many Second Seals, for that matter).

Ch11 now posted. If anyone's wondering why I've skipped Anna's Paralogue so far, it's because 1) I don't need Anna, and 2) it's hard to train on that map due to the proximity of the starting enemies. More than just Louise is required to safely rock and roll there, despite the low levels of the enemies.

[spoiler=Chapter 11: Mad King Gangrel]

This chapter plays out similarly to the last one: train Gregor, obtain treasure. Before starting you'll want to promote Lissa to Sage, keep one Levin Sword handy for giggles, and make sure that Avatar has the Blessed Bow.

Keys to the chapter: get Avatar into tanking position, plug the three northwest forts to stop reinforcements, kill the thief before he can steal the treasure, watch out for magic damage, and don't aggro Gangrel's coterie until you are ready for it.

We'll be deploying Avatar, Gregor, Miriel, Lissa, Cordelia (ferry), and Gaius (chests). On the first Turn, you'll want to pair Chrom with Avatar, and move Avatar/Olivia in such a way that you can stand beneath a nearby fort on the left and kill a Sword-Guy at 2-range with a bow. This leaves the way open for Avatar to park herself right above the treasure chest on the left hand side. The reason for this position is simple: only three enemy facings, and you can shoot the Thief as soon as he steals the Bullion. Stay here and tank (with a Blessed Bow equipped, for 10 HP healing per Turn, as soon as you reach C-rank Bows) until everything on the map is clear except for Gangrel's group.

Meanwhile, run everyone else into the upper left and sit on the three forts, blocking reinforcements. If you are a bad enough dude to save the President kill a Silver Axe Hero, feel free to leave the upper-left fort open to kill him and steal his Speedwing at the end of Turn 4. But since he has 25 SPD, 13/9 DEF/RES, and tons of HP, you'll probably find that you can't safely do it. I personally avoided it, since a Hero with unknowable Lunatic+ skills can really be a handful. In any case, plug those forts until the end of Turn 7.

Once the first cloud is clear, take a deep breath and have Avatar run to the fort immediately north of Gangrel. You'll kill two mages and possibly Gangrel on the first Enemy Phase. Clean up the leftovers, but make sure to get the second chest with Gaius before you kill the final guy.

That's all that there is to it. One trick that you'll find useful: use Lissa's magic attacks to help Gregor land kills safely. She probably won't double, but hits hard with a variety of E-rank tomes, and you can use Olivia to get a second shot. This makes for a great way to deal with Counter enemies: attract someone with an unequipped Gregor, blast them twice with Lissa, and then finish with Gregor for the kill. This gives Gregor the kill EXP, Olivia the Dance EXP, and double-chip EXP plus Tome rank for Lissa. It's a very efficient use of resources even if Gregor doesn't necessarily need the assistance.

Turns: 44

Heroes: Louise & Chrom

Louise     10.87 63 31 20 23 34 33 31 17 A Swd, C Bow
Chrom      18.42 33 13 3  19 16 16 13 4  A Swd
Gregor     16.35 44 21 2  24 22 12 14 5  A Swd
Miriel     10.94 41 3  17 22 25 19 10 22 B Stf
Lissa       3.12 33 9  20 17 16 22 10 13 A Stf, E Tme
Frederick   4.59 31 16 2  13 12 7  16 4  D Axe, C Swd, A Lnc

A - Louise|Frederick
           B - Louise|Lissa, Miriel|Kellam
           C - Gregor|Miriel, Chrom|Sully/Lissa, Louise|Miriel/Vaike, Miriel||Frederick, Frederick|Lissa
Miriel now has Demoiselle, and Gregor is 4 levels away from being ready to promote to Assassin. It's also nice to have Lissa as a go-to weakener, since that's a role that I have been sorely missing since Miriel reclassed to Troubadour. Worth noting that Miriel is hugely effective with her triple auras; everyone had 100% HIT at all times, and extremely high crit rates against enemies.

So quick.

You should do Anna's paralogue now though. The amount of initial tanking you will do there is smaller than the one on chapter 12.

Edited by 1% critted

So quick.

You should do Anna's paralogue now though. The amount of initial tanking you will do there is smaller than the one on chapter 12.

Yes, I think that will be the plan. I could handle Ch12 with my team as constructed (you only need two tanks), but I don't want to cut off Gregor's tier 1 growth any more than I have to. I am hoping that he can hit 20 Myrm for an Assassin promotion before I begin, since iirc that makes him 3HKO'ed or better versus most things if he uses Cherche (still have not decided what to do with her yet).

Currently, his adjusted Enemy Phase avoid is at 84 (39 base, +10 support, +10 Demoiselle, +5 Charm, +10 Myrmidon avoid, +10 Patience), so I should be able to force some pretty low hit rates after a few levels and the promotion bonuses.

Maybe he can man-mode most of the Paralogue. I'll check the stats later.

If you don't care about Anna getting destroyed, it shouldn't be too hard to just run to the left and do a corner turtle like you did in other maps. Although, I can't remember the exact distance, but I think you should be able to save Anna and keep the team safe if you can boost Lissa's Mag a bit.

Yeah, Anna's paralogue really isn't that bad. I mean, it'd probably be harder with only a few trained units but if you can rescue Anna and then put Louise at the chokepoint to block the waves coming from the north and southeast you should be fine, as long as you have a few other competent people (maybe 2 of Chrom, Gregor, and Fred?) who can hold of the southwest group.

Edited by Walhart

I'm not worried about the enemies so much as the timing; I really want to get the Arms Scroll in case I need it later, and the thief blasts right for it. He's gone by Turn 6, iirc. I'm nowhere near Pass on anyone, and I don't have a Mire user anymore, either. I don't have anything in particular in mind, but some of my potential Axe Guys might want it so that they can skip to Hand Axes as Warriors. Maybe it's irrelevant.

The good thing is that both Lissa and Miriel are plenty capable of Rescue from long-range; you only need 16 MAG to drag Anna all the way from her starting spot to the very bottom edge of the map. Miriel with Anna Pair-up on Woods has like 75 avoid or something, nearly 80 if I give her the double tonic again (EDIT: and the most dangerous 2-range enemies are Archers with around 111 HIT or so).

Edited by Interceptor

I'm not worried about the enemies so much as the timing; I really want to get the Arms Scroll in case I need it later, and the thief blasts right for it. He's gone by Turn 6, iirc. I'm nowhere near Pass on anyone, and I don't have a Mire user anymore, either. I don't have anything in particular in mind, but some of my potential Axe Guys might want it so that they can skip to Hand Axes as Warriors. Maybe it's irrelevant.

The good thing is that both Lissa and Miriel are plenty capable of Rescue from long-range; you only need 16 MAG to drag Anna all the way from her starting spot to the very bottom edge of the map. Miriel with Anna Pair-up on Woods has like 75 avoid or something, nearly 80 if I give her the double tonic again (EDIT: and the most dangerous 2-range enemies are Archers with around 111 HIT or so).

Ah, the arms scroll. I wouldn't worry about it, it really isn't too big of a deal, especially if you don't have anything specific in mind. I made a beeline towards the thief with Frederick and almost got to him but couldn't. I suppose you could do the same with Louise (I suggest going around the left side of the map because there are less enemies that route) if you have someone else who can tie up the other enemies (maybe even Miriel if there isn't too much hawkeye and her dodgetanking is reliable enough). That's just if you are really intent on getting the arms scroll; I personally wouldn't worry about it too much.

I agree with Walhart. I've had a couple runs where I caught the Thief in time and found I didn't even use the Armscroll (a guaranteed one does show up in chapter 15, which I usually use, but don't need before that chapter). Considering how hard you need to rush, though, I think it'd really hurt your reliability to seriously gun for it (at least without Mire).

Good call on the Arms Scroll; I just let it go. Turtling in the corner makes this map pretty easy, since Gregor is reasonably tough now. I made a Miriel box and then killed the rest of the non-movers one by one.

Updated with Paralogue 4:

[spoiler=Paralogue 4: Anna the Merchant]

After leaving this chapter on the table for a while, we return to the fray to recruit Anna and finish Gregor's training. The enemies here are all fairly low-level compared to the ones from Ch10 and Ch11, but Lunatic+ skills still make them dangerous.

Keys to the chapter: Rescue Anna, secure the chests that you can get to, and don't get careless.

This will be a skeleton deployment: Avatar, Lissa, Miriel, and Gregor. Chrom is forced, and we'll be recruiting Anna, so this gives us the six units we need for doing what needs to be done.

On the first Turn, use Miriel to Rescue Anna onto a forest tile: this only requires 16 MAG to pull off. Have Chrom recuit her, Pair him with Avatar, and then Pair Anna with Miriel. The LissaxGregor team should head west to fight the enemies there: with the massive MAG boost from Lissa's support, Gregor actually hits fairly hard with a Levin Sword (and you have a fresh one from Gangrel), so try to kill one or two units here if feasible. Avatar can eliminate one of the nearby Myrms, so that Miriel only gets attacked by two units (which she should survive).

Second Turn, have everyone retreat in the bottom left corner, and box Miriel in. From here it's just a matter of skillful Trading to keep Gregor from being killed, healing, and having Avatar snipe dangerous enemies and skill combinations when possible. Once the initial enemies are all dead (the thief will get away with the Arms Scroll; sorry), you can take your time moving across the map, opening chests and feeding kills to Gregor. Remember that the boss group is going to move as a unit.

I got Gregor to level 20 Myrmidon, promoted him in-chapter, and had him finish off the rest of the map with his Bronze Bow. Fin.

Turns: 36

Heroes: Lissa & Gregor

Louise     12.13 65 32 20 24 35 34 31 18 A Swd, B Bow
Chrom      18.58 33 13 3  19 16 16 13 4  A Swd
Gregor      1.19 53 28 1  30 26 13 16 7  A Swd, E Bow
Miriel     13.83 45 3  18 23 27 21 11 23 B Stf
Lissa       3.42 33 9  20 17 16 22 10 13 A Stf, D Tme

A - Louise|Frederick
           B - Louise|Lissa/Miriel
           C - Gregor|Miriel/Lissa, Chrom|Lissa
Built GregorxLissa C and LouisexMiriel B-rank. Note that I've trimmed some of the units and support pairings that aren't really relevant anymore.

Updated with Ch12. I should be able to rip these out a little more quickly now, since the strategies are becoming pretty generic.

[spoiler=Chapter 12: The Seacomers]

Welcome to the jungle Valm arc, we've got fun and games Knights and mounts. This is the first chapter where the bow-user strategy really comes into its own. There's nothing fancy here; just a plain Rout where the enemy comes to you.

Keys to the chapter: Get Cherche to safety, establish a defensive position, train Gregor and Miriel, don't over-use Avatar.

We will be deploying Avatar, Miriel, Gregor, Lissa, Kellam, and Anna. There are two ways to approach the Cherche problem: either fly her over the water with the help of Anna (somewhat tricky), or make her a part of the defensive knot (easy). I'll be taking the harder path, because I don't want to train a unit I won't use. If you choose to go the easy way, un-deploy Kellam/Anna and just pair Cherche with Miriel.

First things first: pair Anna with Cherche, move them to the upper right, as far as you can without entering enemy range. We're using Anna here because she gives +1 MV, and enough SPD to keep Cherche from being doubled by the Paladin. Next turn, unequip her and fly as far to the upper-right as possible. She will take 1-2 attacks here. For the final move, fly all the way north, past the Bow Knight, and chill over the Sea; she has just enough MV to make it. Nothing can reach her there, so just stay for the duration of the chapter.

Meanwhile, the rest of the crew gets into a defensive zone. Take careful note of the spot to the northwest of your start: it has a narrow corridor, blocked by large structures that you can't fire over. This is where we'll be making our stand. On Turn 1, put together the Avatar/Chrom, Miriel/Kellam, and Gregor/Lissa pairs. Avatar should kill the Beast Killer Knight immediately above, Gregor should move into the defensive choke and attack the Short Spear Knight from the left with a bow, and Miriel should move to the left of Gregor and Rescue Avatar to her left. Your final setup looks something like this:

lxXP3sH.jpg?1

Basically just sit here and plink away at the map as it comes to you, healing with Miriel as needed. Kellam is here to allow her to take a couple hits to the jaw if necessary. Your best case scenario is if you can maneuver a Hawkeye enemy to stand adjacent to Avatar or Gregor, since that allows Miriel to spam heals all day for more EXP. You can help this happen by killing someone with a 1-range weapon, trading the bow back into position with Miriel, and seeing who steps into the space. This is also a good place to break any remaining Rescue staves, since they are worth a lot of EXP, and become buyable after this chapter's completion.

Watch out for the Beastkillers, incidentally, since they can actually hurt Bow Knight Avatar. Speaking of Avatar, don't over-use her here: at this high level, she is not going to get a lot of EXP even with Veteran, so let Gregor and Miriel go to work.

Turns: 38

Louise     13.88 65 33 20 24 36 34 31 18 A Swd, B Bow
Chrom      19.13 34 14 3  19 17 17 13 4  A Swd
Gregor      6.84 58 30 1  33 27 13 20 7  A Swd, C Bow
Miriel     18.69 45 3  20 25 27 22 13 26 A Stf
Lissa       4.21 33 9  20 17 16 23 10 13 A Stf, C Tme

A - Louise|Frederick
           B - Louise|Lissa/Miriel, Gregor|Miriel
           C - Gregor|Lissa, Chrom|Lissa
Five levels for Miriel and Gregor both, plus a level for Lissa/Louise/Chrom, a big chunk of WEXP for the Gregor/Lissa pairing, and tasty Support points. Chrom is reaching the point where he can't really do anything anymore; we'll either need to reclass or promote him soon.

True, Louise hardly needs anything from Chrom, but I am still a little disappointed that I basically have to retire him to her pocket (probably as a Great Lord). I had intended on making him a Lead unit Bow Knight eventually, but I think that my choices with Miriel basically pushed him out of the rotation. She ate a Second Seal that would have made him an Archer early. If I did it again, I think I'd use Maribelle as the Demosielle unit, and only reclass Miriel once if at all, so that Archer!Chrom could make some noise. Oh well.

Funny thing about Gregor, that's actually his expected STR. He has 13 base in Lunatic, +3 STR difference between his Merc base and Assassin, and he went through 24 levels of 60% STR growth. That puts him at 30.4 STR via lazy averages. The real head-scratcher is his LCK: he's only gained 5 points in 24 levels, when you'd expect 10-11. Glad that I didn't take him through the Despoil route, otherwise I'd be cutting my wrists right about now.

EDIT: he is also screwed out of 3 SPD. When you think about it, Gregor is leaving as much as +7 AVO on the table, due to the RNG.

Edited by Interceptor

Ch13 posted. It took a few dry runs and analysis of reinforcement locations to come up with a good strategy for this one, but it's extremely reliable.

Next up will be Morgan. I'll tackle Laurent once Miriel and Gregor hit S-rank.

[spoiler=Chapter 13: Of Sacred Blood]

*** MOVE VETERAN TO THE LAST SLOT IN AVATAR'S SKILL LIST BEFORE STARTING ***

With that out of the way: welcome to the latest episode of "protect the squishy throw-in recruit", starring Henry. Even though this is a Kill Boss chapter, we will be Routing for maximum EXP.

Before starting, make sure to stock up on Rescue staves, as many as you need, and buy a Master Seal if required. The game has now started the Bullion Rainâ„¢, so there should be plenty of money available. Despite my lack of Despoil, I have over 37,000G on this file, and plenty of garbage that I could sell to raise more funds. Long-term big ticket expenses will include a forged Longbow, and forged Brave Bow, but there's plenty of time before those are necessary.

Keys to the chapter: Pass Veteran to Lucina, Rescue chain your army into the southeast cliff choke, pass Veteran to Lucina, be careful of the multiple Longbow enemies here (including some reinforcement Snipers), and pass Veteran to Lucina.

We'll be deploying Avatar, Gregor, Miriel, Lissa, Cherche (need a flier), and Olivia. The basic strategy here is to quickly Rescue people onto the cliff area and use it as a siege spot for your mages, but the tactics largely break down into ad hoc responses to enemy skills and movements, so I'll just detail the first Turn and the general goals.

Turn 1: pair Miriel/Cherche, Gregor/Lissa, Avatar/Chrom, Olivia/Henry. Fly Miriel over to the east cliff (one square below the Woods), Rescue Olivia. Dance Miriel with Olivia, Rescue Avatar. Have Avatar kill the nearby Myrmidon that's in range (either 1 or 2 range, depending on skills). Meanwhile, have Gregor run into the center Fort in the south, and kill whichever of the two Fighters that he is able. From here, the following guidelines:

• Keep Olivia and Henry separated.
  • Have Gregor freelance on the lower central Fort long as he can. This is where all the 2-range Axe-Guys warp in, so if you can block it off, it becomes much easier to protect your position on the cliff. If he gets into trouble, just Rescue him up onto the cliff with everyone else and create a normal choke.
  • Avatar should roam as she is able, securing kills; try to block the right-hand Fort on Turn 5, but if you need to retreat, set up your choke point on the Woods near where you first flew Miriel.
  • The most dangerous enemies on the map are Longbow users; they can snipe Olivia and Henry. Prioritize killing them first, whenever possible.
  • Sniper Longbows are the most dangerous units of all, and there are two as reinforcements from the middle-wing Forts on Turn 5 EP. It's highly recommended to block at least one of these forts if possible.
  • Henry with Mire and a light +MAG support or Tonic can 2HKO the normal Archer Longbow users. This is a ORKO if you use Olivia to Dance him for a second shot. He can also clear dangerous enemies for Gregor down in the valley, using the same technique. With a strong MAG support, he is 3HKO on the Snipers.
  • On Turns 6 and 7, watch out for a Tomahawk Warrior in the lower central Fort. He can reach your guys on the cliff, so be sure that Olivia or Henry are not exposed.
Play smart, and this chapter isn't that difficult. If you use Gregor and Avatar properly, there won't be a chance for any 2-range units to get near the cliffs, and you can Mire-bomb and Physic spam all day long.

[spoiler=Where is challenge?]kTWhOWd.jpg?1

Turns: 26

Louise     15.84 67 33 21 25 37 34 32 19 A Swd, B Bow
Chrom      19.75 34 14 3  19 17 17 13 4  A Swd
Gregor     10.28 62 32 2  35 29 15 21 7  A Swd, B Bow
Miriel      2.49 55 4  25 28 30 23 15 31 A Stf, A Tme
Lissa       4.76 33 9  20 17 16 23 10 13 A Stf, C Tme
Lucina     10.00 39 17 9  18 21 21 17 9  C Swd
Olivia      8.50 24 7  3  13 14 9  5  2  D Swd

A - Louise|Frederick
           B - Louise|Lissa/Miriel, Gregor|Miriel/Lissa
           C - Chrom|Lissa/Lucina, Louise|Lucina
Added Lucina's stats above, to give a baseline. Henry only has 1 Mire use left, and very nearly got two level-ups in that chapter. I'll compare him with Laurent, and decide who to keep. Miriel promoted to Valkyrie mid-chapter, and I'd like to point out that her non-physical-durability combat stats are a little ridiculous.

Paralogue 12 posted. Morgan is stupid good. Look at his stats, FFS.

[spoiler=Paralogue 12: Disowned by Time]

And now, the long-awaited Morgan recruitment map, where we pick up this playthrough's best character. In this chapter, we're going to make a classic corner turtle, and get Morgan to Sniper ASAP. Before starting make sure that Avatar is passing down Armsthrift, and that you have both a Second and Master Seal, plenty of bows from Rank E/D/C, Mire for Henry, and a Levin Sword for Lucina.

For the lulz, here are Morgan's base Tactician stats in my file:

Morgan     10.00 38 17 15 17 19 19 16 13 C Swd, C Tme
He is actually pretty good. Thanks, Superior DNA.

Keys to the chapter: Pass Armsthrift to Morgan, set up a defensive corner in the Water, be careful of Griffon Riders and Sages.

We'll be using a heavy deployment on this map: Avatar, Gregor, Miriel, Lissa, Olivia, Henry, Lucina, and Anna. The reason for this particular set of units, is that we need people who can stand on Water (Anna, Olivia, Lucina), because the turtle spot will be in the lower left. Here's what the layout will look like once you are set:

WwwwF
WFFFF
12FFw
345Fw
Where W is a wall, w is Water, F is the floor, and the units are such that:
  • Lucina/Henry. Generally Lucina will equip and heal herself with Falchion, but occasionally you want Levin equipped. Henry is always unequipped; we don't want Dual Strikes.
  • Avatar/Chrom. Just equip a Bow and stand there like a statue. This position is for Convoy access.
  • Olivia/Anna. They are untargetable here, and you can Switch as needed to either Dance or heal someone.
  • Morgan/Miriel. Lissa also an option here. Generally you'll be attacking with Morgan, but sometimes you need to switch to Miriel to either blast a Griffon, or heal someone.
  • Gregor/Lissa. Miriel also an option here. Functions as a wall, and also useful for killing off a tough Griffon if needed.
On Turn 1 you want to Rescue Morgan, recruit him with Chrom, reclass Morgan to Archer, have Avatar/Chrom take out the nearby Myrmidon and mages with a Levin Sword, possibly snipe the right-side Thief with a double shot of Mire from Henry, and generally just get everyone into position. You have three turns until the heavy hitters arrive.

This bears repeating: watch out for the Mages and the promoted enemies. They are no joke. Take them out with Avatar, Gregor, or Miriel preemptively if there is even a chance that they could kill Lucina or Morgan. There's plenty of EXP in here, and for a while Morgan is going to level-up on every kill. Don't use Lucina much here; it's OK to give her a few kills here and there, but we'll train her in another chapter. The most important goal here is to get Morgan to Sniper. He may already be capping multiple stats before you hit level 20, so it's OK to early promote if you wish, although I kept mine going for +LCK.

Final note: there are about 17 enemies that don't aggro until you trigger them. The right-side enemies don't move until you get into range (they are all individuals). The Swordmaster near the middle has a small group that comes with him. The entire top half will trigger all at once as soon as you are in range of any of them (for this reason, I suggest triggering with Avatar, and then running back to the turtle corner). The boss does not move. You can't save Fortify, so just let it go.

Fin.

Turns: 41

Heroes: Louise & Morgan

Louise     16.49 68 33 21 25 37 35 33 20 A Swd, B Bow
Chrom      19.96 34 14 3  19 17 17 13 4  A Swd
Gregor     11.61 63 33 2  36 29 16 21 7  A Swd, B Bow
Miriel      4.82 55 5  26 28 31 24 15 32 A Stf, A Tme
Lissa       5.48 34 9  20 18 17 24 10 13 A Stf, C Tme
Lucina     13.91 41 19 11 19 23 23 19 11 C Swd
Morgan      2.20 58 30 21 33 31 31 32 19 C Bow
Olivia     13.54 28 7  4  18 18 13 7  4  D Swd
Henry      14.67 32 7  15 16 11 12 14 7  C Tme

A - Louise|Frederick
           B - Louise|Lissa/Miriel, Gregor|Miriel/Lissa
           C - Chrom|Lissa/Lucina/Morgan, Louise|Lucina/Morgan, Lucina|Morgan
Good lord, Morgan is ridiculous. Gregor is sobbing in his beer right now.

I'll be doing Ch14 next, probably the standard "camp on a gangplank" strategy. Miriel and Gregor aren't even A-rank yet (which is partly my fault), so Laurent is still a ways away. I don't expect any other children in this playthrough.

Edited by Interceptor

Chrom!Morgan is indeed a small physical combat god once he gets rolling.

The Fortify is highly unnecessary anyway. The game's tendency to push teams of a few elite pairs makes Physics (and even Elixirs) basically just as good. I'm actually trying to think of an instance where I used a Fortify and am coming up blank.

I found fortifys to be useful in chapters where I'm split or don't have that many healers. Particularly, Tiki's paralogue, Chapter 18 and 19. Usually it's physics all the way though.

Not going to miss Fortify, for sure. I have never used it either, and if I really end up needing one, there's another coming. Plus a few Spotpass options as well.

I'm thinking that I should have reversed my training; i.e. trained Lucina in Morgan's Paralogue, and then trained Morgan in Ch14. I don't really want to take Lucina through Archer (I'd rather go Merc), but Levin Sword is not safe on the gangplank like it was in the turtle corner. I did a successful dry run as Lucina!Archer, but I didn't like it. Those skills are so worthless on her, and her destiny is as a Bow Knight.

Think that I'll either re-do the Paralogue, or just tough it out with trading.

Edited by Interceptor