Welled up/Cried at any parts of the game? [Potential Spoilers]

The Fire Emblem series has it's powerful moments, are there any points within games that just hit you right in the feels?

One right of the top of my head, and I mention it because it's really recent, and spoilers because Awakening spoilers

Sacrifice Ending. Lucina wants to kill you when you are the mother

Or FE4 at the end of Generation 1

FE7

Nino finding out Sonia killed her real parents

Those are some just of the top of my head, what about you?

Edited by lightdasher

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never "welled up" or "cried" because of any video game. Movies, yes. But video games, no.

Mostly because I can't seem to find the games "real" enough. I mean, my mentality is "Eh, it's just a game." I also think "Aw, that's so sad," but I don't "overreact" over scenes.

But then again, I would consider myself the less emotional type.

The only time I felt tears well up was in FE7 in Night of Farewells when Sonia told Nino the truth about her parents.

This was one of mine too.

i tought this is about being frustated moment of unit death that it mades you cry/shout up.

Finale of FE4's 1st generation, i just feel bad on the 2nd gen because of this

i tought this is about being frustated moment of unit death that it mades you cry/shout up.

Finale of FE4's 1st generation, i just feel bad on the 2nd gen because of this

I actually took a break from the game after that part when I first played the game.

Elbert's death in FE7. It literally had to turn the game off so i could cry let it sink in.

In Awakening, the end of Chapter 9, Learning the truth about Yen'fay after Ch 18, and Avatar's ending.

Awakening has brought me close to tears a good four times. I haven't actually cried yet - I'd like to say I'm a tougher person, but I sobbed like a baby during Rosalina's Storybook in SMG, so I can't. -_-

1. That last cutscene you get if you choose a certain option towards the end.

2. Inigo's supports with his father are powerful, but the very first time I got it, Chrom was his father. The mention of Lucina doesn't become random, Chrom's already mentioned displeasure at his son's antics, it clicks into place just too much.

3. A Hard Miracle. No more explanation required.

4. The final moment is a bit more subjective, but in the barracks I unlocked a conversation between Henry (my husband for that playthrough) and Morgan. I have to look up the conversation but it went like this:

• Morgan: "Father, tell me about your life until you met me. I want to know all about you."
  • Henry: "I mostly just sling curses and hang out with crows. But I'm not about to add deadbeat dad to my list of hobbies! I'll take care of you. Even if I die a horrible death, I'll protect you from the... Hey, why the long face?"

Said conversation unlocked their touching, heart-tugging A-support.

Awakening has brought me close to tears a good four times. I haven't actually cried yet - I'd like to say I'm a tougher person, but I sobbed like a baby during Rosalina's Storybook in SMG, so I can't. -_-

1. That last cutscene you get if you choose a certain option towards the end.

2. Inigo's supports with his father are powerful, but the very first time I got it, Chrom was his father. The mention of Lucina doesn't become random, Chrom's already mentioned displeasure at his son's antics, it clicks into place just too much.

3. A Hard Miracle. No more explanation required.

4. The final moment is a bit more subjective, but in the barracks I unlocked a conversation between Henry (my husband for that playthrough) and Morgan. I have to look up the conversation but it went like this:

• Morgan: "Father, tell me about your life until you met me. I want to know all about you."
  • Henry: "I mostly just sling curses and hang out with crows. But I'm not about to add deadbeat dad to my list of hobbies! I'll take care of you. Even if I die a horrible death, I'll protect you from the... Hey, why the long face?"

Said conversation unlocked their touching, heart-tugging A-support.

For me, A Hard Miracle just proved that fall damage is B-S.

For me, A Hard Miracle just proved that fall damage is B-S.

I already knew that was going to happen actually if you can't find/collect the body expect to see them again - Lissa and Frederick critical'd my feels though.

In FE8, after you kill Myrrh's father. The first time, I made her kill her own father, and I was like HRRGH, all my feels.

In FE7, after Eliwood kills Ninian, and poor Nils just screams in despair and enters his Heroic BSOD...man, wanted to hug that poor kid. I wish he got as much attention as his stupid sister. >>

FE13, when Emmeryn makes her sacrifice by falling off the cliff. It gets me every time, and the music in Chapter 10 only adds to the heartbreak. There's also Endgame, when you are about to be flung into despair by Grima, all the men you chose for that battle all call out to you. Not just plot-important characters! It touched me to my core, especially since I thought the game would force Lissa down my throat again when I barely use her. To hear them all calling out to My Unit, saying how much they care... Brought tears to my eyes.

I'm overly sentimental, I guess, but I cry easily. 8D; I see no shame in that.

but I sobbed like a baby during Rosalina's Storybook in SMG, so I can't. -_-

If you didnt tear up at that, YOU HAVE NO SOUL!!!

:P:

FE7, Ninian gets iced by Eliwood. (oh see what i did thar?) That was quite a player punch. Made even worse if you got the A support between her and Eliwood. D:

FE9, Soren's supports with Ike were sad as FUCK.

FE10, Soren's convo with Ike during Endgame if you met the requirements. *sniff* You find out why hes so attached to Ike in the first place. My feels....

FE13, many an S support convo hit me in the "d'awwwwww". Future of Despair is also quite horrible in that respect.

I found Ninian's death shocking the first time I played FE7, but I didn't cry. The part in Awakening where Lucina tries to kill you, especially more when she's your wife, that was sad. Battle of Barhara is so tragic, it's probably the most emotional part of FE4.

I've actually only cried at one piece of fictional media in my life so sue me for being emotionless

Awakening: Parts which made me sad were Lucina saying she had to kill you and breaking down if you're her wife (I married her on my 3rd playthrough), the end of chapter 9 and the entirety of chapter 10.

In other games, Nergal trolling Eliwood by letting him kill Ninian, and Greil's untimely death in path of radiance.

Haven't cried or even welled up at any FEs. Only have at one video game, and I haven't cried from a movie in a long time. I came pretty close with Deathly Hallows (part 1?). It's mostly that I don't feel connected to the characters enough. I feel sad, like at a lot of the things mentioned here, but not that much so.

IMO, probably the saddest scene in the series was Hector post-chapter 31.

Elbert's death in FE7 and Emm's fall and the entire chapter that follows in FE13.

The end of FE13 if you choose to sacrifice yourself and the end of Sigurd's portion of FE4 both carried strong emotional impact as well, but didn't quite move me to tears.

"Even though I, Jeigan, am old, I will not lose to somebody like you."

Ending: "Jeigan's death"

I cried. No joke

Also the exploding general incident and the ending of FE3/12 in general.

And Gonzales and Lilina A in FE6

Edited by JSND

What a loser!

chara03.jpg

What a loser!

chara03.jpg

:XD:

I love that quote of hers. And her shoes.

I'm a sensitive person by nature, though. If something makes me shed a few tears, I'm going to shed them. And for the record, Rosalina's Storybook is sad, yes, but the tears came because it's shocking. You didn't see that coming at all.

Needless to say, I'm waiting to get the Future Past set because my cold has reduced my tissue supply.

Crying over a video game? I think not. It's hard for entertainment to make me cry, and a video game is probably the least likely of all.

I did laugh when Emmeryn died, though, if that counts as an emotional reaction. >_>

Now, 'cried' is a bit strong, but these moments did hit me in the emotions.

FE13: Chapters 9 and 10. Nuff said.

FE7: Ninian's death at Eliwood's hands. Or better yet, Nils' reaction to said death. Poor guy, it hurts to read.

Other moments that were good, but not quite up to those standards:

FE8: Lyon's whole situation. Where was the Talk 3 times to recruit him option? The graphic at the end really got me.

FE9: Mist's whole situatuon. Her at Greil's grave, and her coming out at the end of Chapter 8 where pretty moving.

FE10: Elincia's collapse after Lucia's near execution. Perfect, understated.

FE11: Um.... Elice's reunion with Marth after such a painstaking journey.

FE12. .... Yeah, nothing.

I would have liked to say there was a good emotional moment in all of them, but FE11/12 really make it difficult with their lack of character development.