Welled up/Cried at any parts of the game? [Potential Spoilers]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just seem to not like characters that happen to have unfortunate things happen to them. Like Nino, or Katarina.

Emmeryn never did anything that made me feel too attached to her. All I drew from her prior to her death was "people say she's benevolent!"

Edited by PKLucas531

I just seem to not like characters that happen to have unfortunate things happen to them. Like Nino, or Katarina.

Emmeryn never did anything that made me feel too attached to her. All I drew from her prior to her death was "people say she's benevolent!"

I know but laughing at it is kind of... wrong.

Most of the emotional scenes people have posted are ones that I've laughed at. Particularly Emmeryn's death and Nino getting chewed out by Sonia.

Glad I'm not the only one that laughed at her death.

It was so melodramatic.

Glad I'm not the only one that laughed at her death.

It was so melodramatic.

I might have laughed at it but the cutscene was getting long... and I knew how it would it end... so I skipped it.

Well, if IS wanted Emmeryn's death to be sad, I think it shouldn't have been accompanied by randomly teleporting skeleton archers.

Anyway, what got me weeping once, was having Lethe kill Jill as an enemy in PoR. I definitely wasn't expecting her death to cause a conversation between the two.

Just to emphasize how Lethe just killed the person who would later have developed to be her friend just like any other grunt. *Ouch*. I so regret that move.

Another one was when I read the extended script of Radiant Dawn. I got the impression that Yune a way more tormented there, so when I got to read the script of the Japanese version of the final cutscene at the end, well.

No idea why this was changed during the localization but this line kinda got to me:

Ike: "You were like a mother to all of life-- Your children still require a mother like you. When you watch over us, we don't always do things that make you happy and sometimes we even disappoint you. Still, I think we would like you to continue watching over us. How about it?"

Oh yeah, and there was Lyon's death on Ephraim's route. Granted, it did leave me cold the first time but that changed after I once read all the flashbacks back to back.

Come to think of it, I am rarely affected that much by sad scenes during the first time I witness them.

Edited by BrightBow

Alternatively you can pretend I cry over Emmeryn's death because her fall literally represents the story falling apart to me.

Yeah... after the timeskip things kind of start spiraling plot-wise.

I found it very hard to believe that an entire country's military would halt by the words of an enemy leader. If it were America instead of Plegia they'd probably be shouting "yeah, death to the commie!" The scene was so unrealistic, and it baffled me for the rest of the game. Anime logic I guess.

I found it very hard to believe that an entire country's military would halt by the words of an enemy leader. If it were America instead of Plegia they'd probably be shouting "yeah, death to the commie!" The scene was so unrealistic, and it baffled me for the rest of the game. Anime logic I guess.

if Emmeryn tried that shit on Valm, Walhart would just rally the troops and run over the whole continent

FE4 First half ending- I was sobbing uncontrollably when I first played this game. I mean having all the units that you raised just to get slaughtered... Goddamn.

No.

I can say I was acutely aware that I was frowning at the end of Awakening's C9, but no tears (also I started laughing immediately when I heard Basilio shout HELL NO)

Edited by Liquid Snake

I don't think I ever cried about something in video games or movies. The closest thing was having my kid self get a sore troat after Greil was killed. Well not the killing itself, but the scenes that played right after that.

FE9: Mist's whole situatuon. Her at Greil's grave, and her coming out at the end of Chapter 8 where pretty moving.

oh so MistxJill really is OTP huh

obligatory HELL NO to Emmeryn's actions in the plot, how stupid

I'm supremely sappy. There were lots of moments in FE13 where I teared up.

Ch9/21 are obvious, but what really set me off were all the tragic conversations with the children. Picking them up and learning all about them was too many blows to the heart in a row. Goodness me, those leave me all sad and weepy.

Can't really say the other FE games have done nearly as good a job for me. Plenty of "aww, that's awful!" but nothing as outrageously tragic. Canas's ending in FE7 was perhaps one of the more personal ones. I loved him to bits.

I've never cried in any part in any video game, but there are some parts in the Fire Emblem games that make me sad, like...

When Eliwood's dad died, and then after that when Eliwood killed Ninian. Eliwood is the least popular main character of that FE, but man he went through a lot...

Everything about Lyon. Such a tragic character. Just everything about it...

Emmeryn's sacrifice and the chapter that follows. The music just added to it all. Tragic...

I guess the biggest tear jerker for me would be Ena's reunion with Rajaion at the end of FE9. The music certainly doesn't help.

The conversation between Almedha and Pelleas (if Pelleas survived) in FE10, Part 4, Chapter 2 was also sad, and again with the sad music.

Edited by Paper Jam

it wasnt exactly sad but the FE6 ending, where fa gives idenn an apple was such a nice feel good ending. i didn't cry though.

best fire emblem ending!

Edited by Aizenberg

"Even though I, Jeigan, am old, I will not lose to somebody like you."

Ending: "Jeigan's death"

I cried. No joke

Also the exploding general incident and the ending of FE3/12 in general.

And Gonzales and Lilina A in FE6

Um when did this happen?