Lamest Skills Ever!

:P:

Skills that suck. What are they? The skills you just go "UGH. I dont even need that shit!"

I dont really think Indoor/Outdoor Fighter is all that good. Lethality is also too unreliable. While not the worst skill, its not that awesome.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vengeance. Can you say "counterintuitive"? Because that's what Vengeance is. There's a reason why I refuse to give it (and combos involving it) the time of day. Also, Lethality, Focus, Tantivy, and Wrath are worthless.

Defender is the most forgettable skill in the game. It is the Kellam of skills.

This. Also include Rally Movement because why have that when you got Rally Heart?

Definitely Prescience

And really, I can say "Archer skills" and nobody would complain

Bowfaire is pretty sweet...

I have a PM sent to you. Are you purposefully ignoring it? Please answer it man. I'm waiting on you.

Edited by bearclaw13

Defender, such a waste of a skill on a paladin (see thread on Paladins). +1 and only one to each stat isn't terribly helpful.

Most of the +2 skills. Aside from luck +4 and health +5 (resistance +10 for you DLC users) all the other +2 skills are quickly outclassed and I find them being replaced quickly on new playthroughs (mine AND my brother's)

Prescience is a bias/playstyle conflict for me, I play slowly and defensively and almost never want to attack, so prescience isn't doing much to me.

Relief, it just isn't helpful, it restores too little health with too much of a prerequisite.

Gamble is another personal thing, my poor luck and all. Gregor demonstrated that nicely by missing thirteen times in a row, then upon unequipping the skill, criting three times in a row.

Charm and demoiselle, not enough bonus, just not enough.

Slow burn, the bonus dies out before I'm finished with the chapter.

Deliverer, only for something like five Anna firefight, good old fashioned rescue without rescue missions

That's about all I can remember.

This. Also include Rally Movement because why have that when you got Rally Heart?

Because not everyone has Rally Heart? DLC and all.

Charm is pretty underwhelming.

So is Solidarity.

Indoor and Outdoor Fighter aren't really so bad. They're nice for stacking avoid, but obviously only when the conditions are met.

Astra as a level --/5 skill is pretty underwhelming. Skl/2 for damage worse than a crit. Yes, each one can crit, but a single crit usually does the job. And then Counter comes.

Skill +2 and Prescience, lol. Hit Rate +20 can be nice, but it is pretty funny for the class it comes in.

Lethality in the same vein as Astra. Skl/4, bleh.

Relief.

Slow Burn.

Defender's pretty alright though. I mean it's no Veteran, but it's acceptable.

The Archer's set of accuracy boosting skills is pretty lulzworthy. Pretty much the highest skill of any class (2nd highest base, highest growth, highest cap), so what skills should it get? SKL+2 to boost that questionable hit rate, Prescience, because we need better hit AND avoid while attacking, and because things are looking a little shaky, let's get hit +20%. Oh, and Innes bow, because well, Snipers really need a hit rate boost. That should be enough, maybe?

That said, some of those skills can be useful outside of Sniper. Maybe taking hit +20% to Sorcerer would be okay, for example.

As for truly bad skills: Slow Burn is pretty terrible. It has some value in lunatic, when you're turtling, but even then it's borderline. With the ample outdoors maps and the fact it's earned by one of the slowest classes (who aren't going to dodge much, and hit rates are basically guaranteed 100%'s most of the time), Indoor Fighter is pretty bad. Outdoor Fighter however, is really nice.

Rightful King is one that, the more I try and shoehorn into strategies, realise is actually not very good. It's not terrible - it can provide 10% Aether activation very easily, which is something, but really there's much more useful things to go into it's slot. Something like Aether/Limit Break/Pavise/Aegis/Rightful King might be good, but that's a pretty specific build, and even then, it's probably the least useful skill in there.

Rally Luck and Luck +4. Potentially of minor use if your party is luck screwed, I guess, or someone who can get Luk+4 is luck screwed (oh wait, that can't happen, even at base Olivia has enough luck).

Hey! Dont be hatin' on Vengeance. Libra's arse got saved many times due to that.

Oh yeah..Tantivy and Focus. Wut.

hahahaha slow burn

what a terrible skill

vengeance is awesome, don't hate, if you have 100% hit rate, it's good.

if you don't then it's shit

*hates on Vengeance anyways* You do not understand. A skill like Vengeance doesn't have much place in a game like Fire Emblem...

Deliverer, only for something like five Anna firefight, good old fashioned rescue without rescue missions

Deliverer is pretty good at overall boosting move scores all around, makes my 6 mov units not terrible anymore. like damn manaketes

*hates on Vengeance anyways* You do not understand. A skill like Vengeance doesn't have much place in a game like Fire Emblem...

+40 damage is pretty great man.

OHKOs a lot of things.

starts to get not that reliable once breakers are in, but before that it's fine.

Also the Skill*2 activation rate is pretty awesome.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Deliverer is pretty good at overall boosting move scores all around, makes my 6 mov units not terrible anymore. like damn manaketes

OHKOs a lot of things.

starts to get not that reliable once breakers are in, but before that it's fine.

Deliverer is awesome.

+40 damage seems a bit optimistic (or not I'm unsure which)

OHKOs a lot of things.

And why would I be letting one of my units get that low??? Just for a gimmick like Vengeance??? C'mon man...

+40 damage seems a bit optimistic (or not I'm unsure which)

It is, but when it does happen, it's pretty fun having a 1 HP unit run around killing things because vantage happens. And then Vantage+ happens and everything is thrown out the window

And why would I be letting one of my units get that low??? Just for a gimmick like Vengeance??? C'mon man...

Because I can't be assed to bring healers/like steamrolling with 1 unit.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

It is, but when it does happen, it's pretty fun having a 1 HP unit run around killing things because vantage happens. And then Vantage+ happens and everything is thrown out the window

Yup. Pretty useful otherwise though. +20~ damage is always nice to have.

Edited by bearclaw13

I'd expect a unit who could steam roll to not need to be on the verge of making me reset to steamroll, you know.

Indoor and Outdoor Fighter are shit in the context of the main game since guys like Frederick aren't going to be dodging much anyway (besides Fighters when a sword is equipped).

Slow Burn is shit if you're not turtling, which is something that is only necessary in some parts of Lunatic+.

Aether is one of the most overrated abilities in the context of the maingame. Big payoff, but it costs a skill slot. I could see it being really good with Aether and Rightful King, though.

As for some of the abilities others are mentioning: Charm and Tantivy are super-good since they're always active assuming the criteria are met, which they will be if you're playing optimally. Vengeance is a good defensive skill (sometimes it's a good offensive skill); that its utility is counterintuitive means nothing.