Lamest Skills Ever!

Vantage, Vengeance, and Wrath. Especially Wrath

The ironic thing is, put two of the skills you just named together and you have a very effective defensive combo. Add in Sol/Nosferatu, and you have a powerful build.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levant just likes complaining about Vengeance/Vantage not being reliable even though it is

Actually, it's because I know better than to rely on gimmicks like that.

It's not a gimmick.

If you use Vengeance the same way you'd use Ignis, then of course it would be a terrible skill. Vengeance is for defense, and Ignis is for offense.

I don't think you know what gimmick means

Well, whatever. I prefer to play defensively, yet I wouldn't use Vantage/Vengeance ever since I probably wouldn't let my units dip that low in the first place.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Slow Burn is complete shit

Indoor Fighter while outside and Outdoor Fighter while inside, does that count?

and I wonder if Levant can claim Vantage/Vengeance sucks more than Brightbow claims Awakening sucks

I don't think Vengeance/Vantage is a bad combo, but I do question the wisdom of using Sol/Nosferatu/Aversa's Knight with it. oAo If the whole point of Vengeance/Vantage/Wrath is to be at low health, healing all that damage back seems very counter-intuitive. I was told that healing the damage is a failsafe in case of the worst, but it still seems silly to me. Then again, I'm only halfway through my Lunatic file, so maybe I might see the light soon. 8U

actually the worst skill is HP + 5. its useless and no one uses it at all. its not good like renewal!

False, false, false and Renewal's pretty good, so irrelevant. HP+5 is seriously nice early/midgame, it's a big endurance boost to go from 30 HP to 35 HP. It gives you extra security to take slightly riskier strategies, when you might otherwise be killed. I've used Vaike and fighters before, so your third statement is absolutely false.

It's not a good skill, but it's pretty alright. Better than Skl+2, Luk+4, Res+2.

actually the worst skill is HP + 5. its useless and no one uses it at all. its not good like renewal!

I disagree. It's not that useless compared to, say, Counter, which deserves mention since taking enough damage to make it worth anything is pretty questionable.

I disagree. It's not that useless compared to, say, Counter, which deserves mention since taking enough damage to make it worth anything is pretty questionable.

oh really, I'm sure plenty of people would disagree about enemies with Counter :smug:

oh really, I'm sure plenty of people would disagree about enemies with Counter :smug:

Thanks for reminding me of the big reason why I hate Counter. It works so much better for the enemy than it does for the player.

I've always known that IS doesn't care for archers, and taking a huge steaming pile on their skill set really was the nail in the coffin. I'm thinking they should replace the class outright with musketeers in the next game.

Oh snap, Slow Burn! That skill is ass and i hate it. Makes me sad because i love me some Dark Knight. :(:

Precience on non-archer units isnt that terrible. Not really fantastic but /shrug.

Counter sucks and isnt worth it unless youre building trolly streetpass teams.

I've always known that IS doesn't care for archers, and taking a huge steaming pile on their skill set really was the nail in the coffin. I'm thinking they should replace the class outright with musketeers in the next game.

watch them reintroduce FE10 crossbows, except with ridiculous attack for earlygame that causes the starting archer to be the best unit in the game

yes I know this will never ever happen

- Prescience
- Patience
- Skill +2
- Luck +4
- Rally Luck
- Defender
- Indoor/Outdoor Fighter

- Solidarity

- Charm

- Slow Burn

- Zeal
- Gamble
- Tantivy

These skills aren't really useful for me.

Worst of all skills though.... is....
Galeforce... Blegh... >_<

Edited by Peppy

Sure Strike. A skill so horrible it transcends me knowing that this is a Awakening thread.

For those badmouthing Vengeance, it works wonders with Dark Tomes that steals life and its activation is crazy. If you're not using it the "right way", it gets kind of annoying.

True, but using life gain while vengeance is in your skill slot is counter-intuitive. It makes sense if you're up against hard hitting opponents-- but otherwise it's pointless as you'll only be getting five or six extra damage a strike.