Lamest Skills Ever!

Because I find a hit boost that'll never make a difference to be inferior to a dodge boost that might help avert nasty critical hits. And besides, in both Chrom and Lucina's cases, I'd probably be able to think of enough skills that would outprioritize Charm for a skill slot.

I certainly can't in Chrom's case, and even if you could, I seriously doubt you'd get them all on a reasonable playthrough.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly can't in Chrom's case, and even if you could, I seriously doubt you'd get them all on a reasonable playthrough.

Point taken. Still, I'd expect better than a mere 5% boost to avoid for Charm to be worth a skill slot.

Edited by Levant Fortner

5% avoid to everyone in 3 range. It's the fact it's likely to affect 3-4 other pairs at once that makes it a good skill.

And besides, we can say that about many skills, come late/endgame. Charm is very middle of the pack in usefulness - I'm not trying to say it's the next Veteran or anything, just that it's well above the bottom clump of skills.

it's a 'meh' skill. Not really worth mentioning but not totally useless in the bigger scheme of things. I mean, again-- when avoid stacking it does come in handy.

There are uses for almost every skill, but Skill+2 and Slow Burn are by far the worst skills in the game. Even Prescience and Hit+20 have some use after you reclass, as Noire can get some killer accuracy with Mire and other low accuracy dark tomes. But seriously, while people debate that Charm's no good, just think, Slow Burn takes 5 turns to become as good as Charm and only applies to a single unit.

Charm, Indoor/Outdoor Fighter, Luck +4, Slow Burn, etc. etc.

Most pre-promote skills are shit.

I think you are using pre-promote the wrong way here, given that it usually refers to units that are already promoted

I think you are using pre-promote the wrong way here, given that it usually refers to units that are already promoted

I actually agree with you here... kind of a first for me.

Also I would like to add Sol Rally Speed to the list. Your good units are doubling when you consider pair up and tonics and overkill speed is pretty worthless.

Also I would like to add Sol Rally Speed to the list. Your good units are doubling when you consider pair up and tonics and overkill speed is pretty worthless.

really now

also Rally Speed is pretty great, the most useless rally anyone's actually gonna get in the main story is probably Rally Movement (coincidentally, the other promotion path for Pegasus Knights)

@jnrust: clearly that +2 move via rallying is the most OP thing to do

Edited by shadykid

I don't think any of the Rallys are really bad. If your unit has nothing to do when it's resting and there are units nearby it gives them something to do instead of just sitting there. If you have better skills, you'd use them, but if not, Rallys are far from useless. :/

Edit: Okay, maybe Rally Movement, I've never really found myself using it that much. One more space to move doesn't make much difference.

Edited by Rawr

I agree with the above post. The only ones I'd never use/recommend using are skill, speed and luck. I could see where str, mag, def, res would all come in handy having-- not to mention rally heart/spectrum are just stupid when stack rallied.

I agree with the above post. The only ones I'd never use/recommend using are skill, speed and luck. I could see where str, mag, def, res would all come in handy having-- not to mention rally heart/spectrum are just stupid when stack rallied.

er....speed is pretty much always better to have than resistance

although i will agree that str/mag/def generally have more uses

eh, I'd have agreed with you at one point-- but if you're the one initiating attacks I'd wager you'd be smart about it and not use a unit you'd be doubled with. Not to mention that in my experience of the game it's magic that you really have to watch out for since all your units res will be low compared to their def. If there was one I'd leave out for speed, it'd have been def or mag depending on if you use heavy magic or not. res is solidly in my top rallies.

Edited by Raine

I really wonder why people keep mentioning Out/Indoor Fighter but not Tantivy, Avoid +10, etc. Even Quick Burn is actually worse past the 5 turn mark.

Now play Lunatic.

Come now, the topic is called "Lamest Skills Ever!" How can a +4 Spd boost to potentially your entire team be among the worst skills in the game?

I wouldn't say worst skill but a skill that I don't use anymore is Rally Movement. Why have that when you have Rally Heart.

Although I do agree that Rally Movement is pretty awkward to use effectively, again, what if you don't have Rally Heart? That's 3-star DLC-exclusive.

er....speed is pretty much always better to have than resistance

although i will agree that str/mag/def generally have more uses

The horrid resistance on most units would nullify how bad it sounds but the skill is severely hurt by being on such a poor class. I don't want Troubadors they're yucky. Which makes RS better because it's on a good class imo.

The fact that I think it's bad stands but it is better than the worst rally.

And yeah attack/defense are almost always better unless you're a dodge tank.

Also Fox I get the feeling most of the people here aren't talking about Lunatic... it's good there though, although in Lunatic Falcion Knight is added to the list of mediocre at best classes because there are even more bow-users and they have boosted hit-rates. idk it's useful in some scenarios but I just haven't ever found it to be that great

Also I'm mentioning mediocre skills because all the bad ones are mentioned.

Edited by bearclaw13

I really wonder why people keep mentioning Out/Indoor Fighter but not Tantivy, Avoid +10, etc. Even Quick Burn is actually worse past the 5 turn mark.

to be fair, most maps are over by that point

(also it's technically after the 6th turn, because on the 6th turn you get +10)

also for Rally Resistance: units that get 3HKOed by mages (hypothetically) will still get 4HKOed at best with the extra +4 res

Edited by shadykid

to be fair, most maps are over by that point

(also it's technically after the 6th turn, because on the 6th turn you get +10)

also for Rally Resistance: units that get 3HKOed by mages (hypothetically) will still get 4HKOed at best with the extra +4 res

This is true (and the reason Quick Burn is a well-received skill), but even at the first turn Quick Burn is only a Charm better than Out/Indoor Fighter.

The horrid resistance on most units would nullify how bad it sounds but the skill is severely hurt by being on such a poor class. I don't want Troubadors they're yucky. Which makes RS better because it's on a good class imo.

If you want a dedicated healer, Valkyrie is pretty much your go-to class.

Also Fox I get the feeling most of the people here aren't talking about Lunatic... it's good there though, although in Lunatic Falcion Knight is added to the list of mediocre at best classes because there are even more bow-users and they have boosted hit-rates. idk it's useful in some scenarios but I just haven't ever found it to be that great

Also I'm mentioning mediocre skills because all the bad ones are mentioned.

I know, but the point still stands. Rally Speed can potentially have the biggest effect on your team's offense since doubling is often the difference between killing and not. Not every character will always be doubling.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I'd say it's at least better than Rally Skill.

I wouldn't say worst skill but a skill that I don't use anymore is Rally Movement. Why have that when you have Rally Heart.

DLC exclusive.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised by the lack of Tantivy mentions relative to those two as well (I'm probably one of, if not THE only one to bring it up).

This is true (and the reason Quick Burn is a well-received skill), but even at the first turn Quick Burn is only a Charm better than Out/Indoor Fighter.

I know, but the point still stands. Rally Speed can potentially have the biggest effect on your team's offense since doubling is often the difference between killing and not. Not every character will always be doubling.

Lucky Seven is only two Charms better though

ok in all seriousness, does Maribelle even have the time to promote to Valkyrie (unless this is postgame ofc)

Lucky Seven is only two Charms better though

ok in all seriousness, does Maribelle even have the time to promote to Valkyrie (unless this is postgame ofc)

Depends on how fast you go. I don't turtle or grind and have never had much trouble. In my last Lunatic run I re-classed Lissa to Troubador and even had her to Valkyrie in a reasonable time frame.

Yeah, but then I have them healing not rallying...

I'd say it's at least better than Rally Skill.

I like my crit builds ;) the fact that Rally Skill hasn't been brought up is pretty funny. (I think)

Units who don't double and aren't Manaketes shouldn't be used on LM

I guess this is true, I've just never found doubling to be a problem by the time I get Rally Speed.

Yeah, but then I have them healing not rallying...

So they Rally when they don't need to heal...

Units who don't double and aren't Manaketes shouldn't be used on LM

I guess this is true, I've just never found doubling to be a problem by the time I get Rally Speed.

Ever tried stacking Rally Spectrum and Rally Speed? +8 Spd can do wonders. (Not that everyone who isn't naturally doubling needs this, of course, but it's quite helpful when an extra push is needed)