Lamest Skills Ever!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I believe that Fire Emblem is at heart a game of numbers, for one, and second, I'm a defensive player, which means go fish for some mook who's dumb enough to charge alone and leave his allies and wallop the fool into submission, or camp and stall.

It's the best defense when enemies simply can't hit you at all

After all if they can't hit you, they can't damage you

(excluding L+ Counterfuck but let's not deal with that mode right now)

I need to buy that next. No joke. :/:

Gods, do I wish the Archer class had better skills. I love bows! And I'm disappointed that one of my favorite classes with one of my favorite weapons is useless.

Edit: I just noticed Vaike was a tag for this thread. B-But I like Vaike. :cry:

Edited by Vashiane

I need to buy that next. No joke. :/:

Gods, do I wish the Archer class had better skills. I love bows! And I'm disappointed that one of my favorite classes with one of my favorite weapons is useless.

Edit: I just noticed Vaike was a tag for this thread. B-But I like Vaike. :cry:

clearly there can only be one cool character starting with V

It's the best defense when enemies simply can't hit you at all

After all if they can't hit you, they can't damage you

(excluding L+ Counterfuck but let's not deal with that mode right now)

I generally still prefer relying on concrete durability.

If you position your Tantivy units smartly and have been feeding them enough EXP, they shouldn't be dying anyway in Hard mode. Having other dudes next to them doesn't improve their chance of survival for this reason; they'll take slightly less damage, but they won't die with or without having allies near them.

I take it you like Kellam then (inb4who?jokes)

Kellam who?

If you position your Tantivy units smartly and have been feeding them enough EXP, they shouldn't be dying anyway in Hard mode. Having other dudes next to them doesn't improve their chance of survival for this reason; they'll take slightly less damage, but they won't die with or without having allies near them.

True, but still, trying to benefit from Tantivy requires something that clashes with my playstyle too much. What's more, most of the units I do use regularly don't have access to Wyvern Rider, so it ultimately makes no difference to me.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Lethality is almost as good as Aether, but people fap to Aether while they ignore Lethality.

Half the activation rate for usually a smaller effect (heal+kill instead of kill)? That seems less than half as good to me. Sure, you can boost the activation rates with Rightful King, but Rightful King is pretty bad. I guess you could do something like Rightful King+Aether+Lethality+Pavise+Aegis+high skill for a tank... that actually sounds like a thing. Shame it would be massively improved by replacing something with Limit Break, and at that point improved again by replacing Rightful King...

Anyway, to the person who said Armsthrift: I disagree. You seem to be focusing on postgame, and totally ignoring in-game where it has more value:

It's a level 1 skill, literally the easiest to get. One reclass and bam, you have it

It lets you go all out using expensive/legendary weapons earlier. Giving someone that one Tyrfing is generally not a great idea, unless you don't care about all it's uses disappearing. Give it to someone with 20 luck and suddenly, it's gonna last a reasonable time. Give it to someone with 40 luck (cough Donnel) and it's gonna last basically forever.

I don't think it's amazing - it's a bit like Galeforce, totally overhyped, but still a good skill. Galeforce is still actually great, mind you.

Postgame, it theoretically has 'no' value, because you can just get infinite of whatever weapons you have. But it makes things much quicker - armsthrift+limit break = unbreakable weapons, so you don't need to stock characters up with 5 forged weapons each to avoid mid battle breaks, and you can spam those rare expensive weapons on characters while grinding. If you're going to treat it like that for having no value, why did you not include Paragon? That does no more for you than Armsthrift. In fact, it's worse - having Paragon gives you no value whatsoever, while Armsthrift at least lets you carry a forged weapon or two, and then extra Elixirs!

Half the activation rate for usually a smaller effect (heal+kill instead of kill)? That seems less than half as good to me. Sure, you can boost the activation rates with Rightful King, but Rightful King is pretty bad. I guess you could do something like Rightful King+Aether+Lethality+Pavise+Aegis+high skill for a tank... that actually sounds like a thing. Shame it would be massively improved by replacing something with Limit Break, and at that point improved again by replacing Rightful King...

Anyway, to the person who said Armsthrift: I disagree. You seem to be focusing on postgame, and totally ignoring in-game where it has more value:

It's a level 1 skill, literally the easiest to get. One reclass and bam, you have it

It lets you go all out using expensive/legendary weapons earlier. Giving someone that one Tyrfing is generally not a great idea, unless you don't care about all it's uses disappearing. Give it to someone with 20 luck and suddenly, it's gonna last a reasonable time. Give it to someone with 40 luck (cough Donnel) and it's gonna last basically forever.

I don't think it's amazing - it's a bit like Galeforce, totally overhyped, but still a good skill. Galeforce is still actually great, mind you.

Postgame, it theoretically has 'no' value, because you can just get infinite of whatever weapons you have. But it makes things much quicker - armsthrift+limit break = unbreakable weapons, so you don't need to stock characters up with 5 forged weapons each to avoid mid battle breaks, and you can spam those rare expensive weapons on characters while grinding. If you're going to treat it like that for having no value, why did you not include Paragon? That does no more for you than Armsthrift. In fact, it's worse - having Paragon gives you no value whatsoever, while Armsthrift at least lets you carry a forged weapon or two, and then extra Elixirs!

And might I add, Lethality + Rightful King requires marrying Chrom off to either Olivia (won't happen unless you REALLY go out of your way to do so), Sully, or Female Avatar. And even then I'd rather use Rightful King with other skills. That being said, I kinda agree Rightful King isn't that great.

Edited by Levant Fortner

And might I add, Lethality + Rightful King requires marrying Chrom off to either Olivia (won't happen unless you REALLY go out of your way to do so), Sully, or Female Avatar. And even then I'd rather use Rightful King with other skills. That being said, I kinda agree Rightful King isn't that great.

While I think Lethality+RK isn't that good at all, I don't really get that point with Chrom's partner's. If we don't count lolvillagegirl, that's 60% of Chrom's potential partners. He's also p much the best gameplay-wise pair if you run female MU since it turns Lucina into another Morgan (with even better availability!), which you can't do with any other guy. So I wouldn't count that as a point against.

Edited by Thor Odinson

While I think Lethality+RK isn't that good at all, I don't really get that point with Chrom's partner's. If we don't count lolvillagegirl, that's 60% of Chrom's potential partners. He's also p much the best gameplay-wise pair if you run female MU since it turns Lucina into another Morgan (with even better availability!), which you can't do with any other guy. So I wouldn't count that as a point against.

Actually, I felt like adding that on to what Tables said.