My Apotheosis playthrough.

For the fifth alternate wave:

I had my Morgan have bow breaker in the beginning of the whole map and paired with Owain (for Speed) because the archers are annoying as hell and let her kill them while my avatar and Lucina went to kill the sorcerers in the left and right side of the map. Of course I used tons of rally skills for everyone. Rescue staves work great so I had one unit stand near where the other sorcerers were that were on the other side of the map from my avatar and then I used a Rescue staff to teleport him and Lucina to where the other sorcerers were. After that, I made preparations and healed everyone. I killed off the annoying Berserkers and head straight for Anna. Next thing I knew, I've finally beaten the map...

I wanna see someone conquer the alternate path without anyone dying and no casual mode shenanigan bullshit involved like battle saves.

hey woah don't hate on battle saves. I only used them in this run so that I could get both wave 2s and both wave 4s without redoing the entire map.

Normal path is really easy, you don't even need to hit and run with galeforce. Choose the pegasus knight wave, and wind tome/bow for majority of your weapons.

The rabbit and the manaketes with beastbane/wyrmbane are useful too, ensure a one hit on respective enemy.

Secret path, however, T.T on 3rd wave onwards. Difficult without rallybots.

I watched your videos before they were linked.

Thanks for having animations on this time! I'm also much more interested in the alternate path.

I was wondering, why did you choose Elincia as your rallybot?

Edited by BlueFire

I didn't play the normal route. Looking at the enemy stats for the normal route, the enemies are nothing compared to those found in the secret route. For the secret route, there is no way to beat it without forged brave weapons, lots of Fortify staffs, rally bots, and galeforce. The characters have to be completely maxed out in order to survive the Helswath!Berserkers ...

I didn't play the normal route. Looking at the enemy stats for the normal route, the enemies are nothing compared to those found in the secret route. For the secret route, there is no way to beat it without forged brave weapons, lots of Fortify staffs, rally bots, and galeforce. The characters have to be completely maxed out in order to survive the Helswath!Berserkers ...

That's not true. I've beaten it without using Fortify at all. Granted, regular one range healing would have been just fine for me but I was bit reckless so I had to burn 2 Physics staff uses.

Btw, how did you get some of your units to have 85 HP?

Edited by MagicLugh

I wanna see someone conquer the alternate path without anyone dying and no casual mode shenanigan bullshit involved like battle saves.

I think the user above you just posted that he did lol. He plays on Classic so... and there's no need to hate on the casual mode.

I'm guessing the 85 hp was from Naga's Tear, but it went by too fast to see if they were mostly on DLC characters or what. I would guess if DLC, from other files with Naga's Tear? Since you can get a total of two Naga's Tear in a file.

Edited by Shirley

That's not true. I've beaten it without using Fortify at all. Granted, regular one range healing would have been just fine for me but I was bit reckless so I had to burn 2 Physics staff uses.

Btw, how did you get some of your units to have 85 HP?

HP Tonic or Tiki's Tear. Good job beating it without Fortify.

I like keeping units in their default classes or most fitting ones, which is why I didn't make gerome a warrior or inigo and owain into berserkers.

And Elincia is just a temporary rallybot. I'm working on maxing katarina and Palla (since they can get all rallies including str)

Edited by someonewhodied

That's not true. I've beaten it without using Fortify at all.

Oh really? How do you manage to heal off the damage from Hawkeye and Luna+ Berserkers or the Vantage+, Counter and Luna+ Snipers?

I had a maxed Emmeryn and Laurent both have two Fortify staffs to heal the 60+ damage done to my units who were all maxed out with all the Rally skills applied to them. I can see you not using staffs for the easy, normal route, but it's impossible to not heal your units and survive all five rounds in the secret route.

Edited by Leif

Oh really? How do you manage to heal off the damage from Hawkeye and Luna+ Berserkers or the Vantage+, Counter and Luna+ Snipers?

I had a maxed Emmeryn and Laurent both have two Fortify staffs to heal the 60+ damage done to my units who were all maxed out with all the Rally skills applied to them. I can see you not using staffs for the easy, normal route, but it's impossible to not heal your units and survive all five rounds in the secret route.

Physic staff+Dual Guarding?

Physic staff+Dual Guarding?

Dual Guarding should not be relied upon since characters, even with maxed supports, have about a 40% chance of activating it without Dual Guard +. Fortify staffs are more efficient to use since you can have a galeforce pair up team take damage after taking out three enemies and have a staff bot heal off the damage for both units at once.

Edited by Leif

I think the user above you just posted that he did lol. He plays on Classic so... and there's no need to hate on the casual mode.

I'm guessing the 85 hp was from Naga's Tear, but it went by too fast to see if they were mostly on DLC characters or what. I would guess if DLC, from other files with Naga's Tear? Since you can get a total of two Naga's Tear in a file.

Sounds like me alright. I didn't use any buff items. I only used rally skills for this whole map.

Dual Guarding should not be relied upon since characters, even with maxed supports, have about a 40% chance of activating it without Dual Guard +. Fortify staffs are more efficient to use since you can have a galeforce pair up team take damage after taking out three enemies and have a staff bot heal off the damage for both units at once.

if my Dark Flier Sumia+Paladin Chrom are already over 40%, i'm pretty sure a better pair will have a 50/50 shot of blocking it

and since most of these guys are only attacking once, it's not that bad (it's really ok to eat Counter damage from the annoying snipers)

Edited by shadykid

I've had my Morgan be equipped with Rally skills and Rally spectrum, while someone else had the rest and Rally Heart. It was pretty easy in the first, second, and third alternate battles.

On the first secret battle:
My avatar had Axebreaker/Tomebreaker, Luna, Armsthrift, and Limit Breaker. I paired him up with Lucina, who was a Bride with Bow level A so she can use Brave Bows, and went to attack the Griffon Riders on the bottom right corner of the map and instantly killed them with Lucina who had Galeforce and went to the top of a mountain near there where I can simultaneously attack the Berserkers too on the enemy turn.
After that, the nearest Warriors with Counters were easy to kill off too since there were only three and the other three Warriors were still in the water area of the map. Then I had Brady use a rescue staff (He's a war monk) and teleported my avatar back near where the group were. The second group of Griffon Riders were really close by the time I killed off the first group of Warriors. Luckily, Bows and Wind magic helped a lot. Especially when they're used on Dual Strikes since Pavise+/Aegis+ doesn't turn on from Dual Strikes. :3
And so the rest of the Warriors were a piece of cake.

On the second secret battle:
The archer boss were a pain, at first, but I got used to it. I had Severa be equipped with Swordbreaker and Bowbreaker, paired her up with Owain for speed, and went on to attack the tricksters and the archers at once. The boss archer had 32% hit rate on Severa and her speed was more than 5 of the boss's, so it was fun watching her beat the crap out of them. :3
The Great Knights were really easy to kill so I won't go into details with it.

On the third secret battle:
The Nosferatu-tank Sorcerers were VERY easy than what I heard. I had people group up with Galeforce and killed the Sorcerers easily thanks to Brave Weapons and Dual Strikes. The fliers on the right were a piece of cake for Nah/Nowi because they both have high Def and had Swordbreakers and Lancebreakers equipped. Also, Nah/Nowi dual blocked a flier's Aether attack so I was happy. :3 But that took awhile because the fliers had Aegis+ which also blocks Dragonstone attacks... XP. I used a Rescue staff to bring them back and sent a different pair to attack them and that went out great too. :3
The paladins were easy off to kill to. They had Pavise+ so my Mages and Archers killed them off one by one.

On the fourth secret battle:
10 turns to beat this map. With Five Mire wielding dark fliers that have Shadowgift on the top-left corner of the map. Five Mages with far ranged healing staffs (Catharsis mostly) on the top-right corner of the map. Six soldiers with either Aether, Astra, or Ignis (If I can remember..) in the middle. Two archers and two tricksters also in the middle. And finally the three Berserkers on the top-middle with the boss sitting on the throne and each of them wield a Rng 1-2 axe weapon. The only good thing about this map, is that each enemy only moves when you're in their specific attack range. So, I can have one enemy move while the others just stand there since I'm not in their own attack ranges. Also, the boss only sits on the throne so he has no movements.
This one was easy to beat too. Every person that had Lancebreaker and/or Swordbreaker were chosen to kill off the soldiers and tricksters while Severa went to kill off the Archers like the second secret battle.
Then, I put my avatar/Lucina and Morgan/Owain on the attack ranges of the berserkers and they killed them on the enemy's turn phase while not being range of the dark fliers' Mire.
Now, here is also easy. I had a Mage become a bait for the dark fliers and they came to him. After that, I had two Falcon Knights use a Rescue staff and teleported my avatar/Lucina and Morgan/Owain near where the dark fliers were and killed them with no trouble at all. Since the dark fliers were equipped with Mire, they couldn't attack back. :3
Then the mages were easy to kill after since their stats weren't that high. XP
The boss was easy to kill too so I won't be going into details on that.

On the fifth secret battle:

7 turns to beat this map. This time, there are 6 Nosferetu Sorcerers, 3 to the left and right side of the map. Six archers on the bottom of the map. Two Berserkers and the Merchant (Anna) boss near the throne. So, I did the same thing with the archers and let Severa/Owain kill them off since she had Bowbreaker and my Avatar/Lucina kill the Sorcerers. Then I rushed and killed the Berserkers and Anna and got the Supreme Emblem. :3

Edited by Linkmstr

I like keeping units in their default classes or most fitting ones, which is why I didn't make gerome a warrior or inigo and owain berserkers

Semi-off topic, but how does Gerome make a good Warrior and how are Inigo and Owain (at least the former) good Berserkers? Inigo could really use the swords and thus seems more fitting to be a Hero and Gerome's ability to fly seems a lot better compared to a unit that just gains a bit of an overkill strength bonus and a lot less options for weaponry during enemy phase.

Semi-off topic, but how does Gerome make a good Warrior and how are Inigo and Owain (at least the former) good Berserkers? Inigo could really use the swords and thus seems more fitting to be a Hero and Gerome's ability to fly seems a lot better compared to a unit that just gains a bit of an overkill strength bonus and a lot less options for weaponry during enemy phase.

clearly the best strategy is to have everyone grab Celica's Gale+Sol and pitch the biggest tent ever (for the normal route)

Actually it is possible. Since my play though, I literally took no damage until wave 4, and I only have trouble taking out enemy in one attack. They one shot my characters so the healing is pointless (no one left to heal).

Those who are using vantage tactic won't be using fortify either, I'm not certain, but I guess they won't.