Nayr's Sprite Station

Nayr Farros

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k, I'll format it later.

Less than 20 minutes till my soap opera comes on(sort of a guilty pleasure), and I'll get it done sometime after.

Also if anybody might be willing to do the chibi(my chibis are dreadful), it'd be a big help.

337QB.png

I really like this sprite and echo what everyone is saying about your improvement, but I can't help and notice some weirdness in the far bangs. I think they're a tad too low, making it look like his part is longer than it should be. It might just be me though *3* Good job overall!

I don't understand why you're going with a grape juice(or red wine) color for the hair and orange(almost looks like Marcus' FE7 armor color) for the armor when he's a Red knight and a red head. But w/e. I won't dig my heels in over five points on an HSV table. Enjoy it! :p

As for the compilation sheet color. Is white available(black border for visisbility if need be)?

Edited by Nayr Farros

white is fine

and I just personally thought the red in his hair was too saturated and the armor was too dark(your border color was a bit darker as well).

Right now, it doesn't look red at all. It's like Sharon Osbourne's hair dye. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sharon_Osbourne_2,_2012.jpg :p

And on an HSV board(its easier to adjust colors than when using RGB), the saturation and visibility of my outline were only two away from the normal FE6 color. Plenty of people darken FE8 outlines slightly, don't see why you cant with FE6/7 too(especially when it's not that noticable)

Looking at your sheet, looks like you just de-saturated a lot of characters palettes, rather than try to find creative ways to improve the colors while still having them be what they should. Or you could just switch to FE8 color palettes. They have the best look to them after all.

k, i'll take a look when I finish outlining the armor from Lance's OA.

Edit; You know, this is actually the second time I've attempted to remake Lance based on his OA.

A year.. maybe two ago(when the old FEUniverse was still around) I made this as part of a contest.

Lanceedit_zps67f51b7e.png

Let's hope it turns out better this time around. :p

I like the bangs on this one, but the far side of the hair (his right side) seems to be bulging out a little too much--a pixel or two in should fix that, perhaps.

Also, thank goodness you've given Alan and Lance new colors (I know this is partially Kitty, partially you). The old ones were hideous.

k, i'll take a look when I finish outlining the armor from Lance's OA.

Edit; You know, this is actually the second time I've attempted to remake Lance based on his OA.

A year.. maybe two ago(when the old FEUniverse was still around) I made this as part of a contest.

Lanceedit_zps67f51b7e.png

Let's hope it turns out better this time around. :p

It's pretty good, but the neck seems a little too thick (though it could be the way it's angled?). Other than that, great job, man!

Edited by Rokklaggio

I think you're missing that he said, "I found this 1-2 year old sprite, I hope I'll do better this time around."

It doesn't mean that he can't take the critiques from it and apply them to when he redoes it.

Edited by Hamlet

Now you decide pop up, Char? lol

In any case, my hands are tied with eCut's edit of the hair. That level of spriting is waaaay over my head aside from small edits.

If you want to do your own ref edit on the old hair, or pass along your Alan for me to reference, feel free.

Personally, I think the hair flow is fine. The hair parts down the middle, and Nayr and Ecut have exemplified this just fine. The bangs in front of the part are the only problem areas I can see, and this is fixable by simply adjusting them to fit the hair part.

So it wasn't only me. Well like I said before the part seems to go too far forward which makes the hair (bangs) look really strange, I don't think it would be that difficult for you to edit yourself. It'd be good practice, I don't think you should brush it off by saying that you're not capable of doing hair. O:

Not a sprite, but worth showing off IMO.

4112860_zpsab311297.png

Anybody who plays Dragon Age Origins should know what this is. A character I made and then uploaded to my profile on Bioware's social network.

Why am I bothering to post this on an Fire Emblem forum? That's probably what you're thinking right now. But the character is a realistic depiction of my Nayr/Lyam personal sprite(not intended in this playthrough of DAO, but it turned out that way). So I figure some people might get a kick out of it.

A full body shot is available here http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm298/10nayr/character20profile_zps5745caac.png

• 1 month later...