4. 4. Aegis or Pavise?

• Aegis
    • Pavise
    • Neither
  5. 5. Lifetaker or Renewal?

• Lifetaker
    • Renewal
    • Neither

Question: Which of Lifetaker and Renewal activate for a support/paired character? I guess it's kind of a weird question because, why would you care they don't take damage, but having the option of switching and waiting to heal would be an advantage for Renewal. Still probably gonna give the point to Lifetaker though. Although I guess if you do take a lot of damage it's not as good (if you can't reliably kill something without risking getting killed on the counter - but then again, 1-2 range exists... hmm).

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Which of Lifetaker and Renewal activate for a support/paired character? I guess it's kind of a weird question because, why would you care they don't take damage, but having the option of switching and waiting to heal would be an advantage for Renewal. Still probably gonna give the point to Lifetaker though. Although I guess if you do take a lot of damage it's not as good (if you can't reliably kill something without risking getting killed on the counter - but then again, 1-2 range exists... hmm).

I think renewal activates regardless of the pair up situation, but Lifetaker only works for the main guy in pair up, I'm pretty sure.

Renewal activates only for the primary character (I think), but yes, Lifetaker only activates for the main. This being the case, I believe Lifetaker is the better of the two. Renewal activates every turn-- but it sometimes leaves you short of full HP. Lifetaker works better because you can ensure the lifetaking unit gets the kill and thus restores his life back to full (50%>30%).

Renewal. Lifetaker only works on the player phase and won't really help unless you're heavily damaged, and unless you have an enemy that is severely weakened, you're likely risking taking even more damage, or worse yet, dying.

Do I need to delete my vote whenever I vote for the skill? :|

Anyway, my choice are:

Ignis for the flower petals not abandoning other offensive stat. As MU and Morgan (or other MU's kid) will have high STR and MAG.

But Luna is awesome as well.

Aether. Sol and Luna in a package. Nuff said.

Aegis for magic and bow resistance is more important.

Though Pavise is a great defensive skill as well and having both is awesome, I found Aegis more useful.

Lifetaker for healing every time killing.

Ignis or Luna?
I went with Luna because of its avaliability and your unit will most likely have a lower stat in the opposite attack stat for Ignis to be super amazing.
That being said, I wouldn't get for the skill for MU since because I think Ignis can still get the job done.

Astra or Aether
Aether because I think it's so much more useful. When you're strong enough I doubt anything will survive it.

Aegis or Pavise?
I went with Aegis, mainly because most classes aren't to big on RES.

Lifetaker or Renewal?
Lifetaker. Can be used in combiation with Galeforce to make it completely broken. Meaning you can recover 100%HP in one turn, and continue to push without needing to retreat so often.

007.png Ignis or 013.png Luna?

Luna. Procs more than Ignis and does a great damage versus Generals and Valkyries. And it's not so restricted. Also, Ignis? You will consider to have both high Str and Mag because you'll need them both if attacking with tomes or melee weapons, respectively. And the only class that has those two stats balanced is Grandmaster, so... Luna for the win.

003.png Aether or 021.png Astra?

Aether. Healing is always useful. It will deal more damage than Astra, and will also take down the enemy for sure. Also against Counter enemies, is better to proc than Astra. Oh, and why is it restricted to so few people and Apotheosis Anna has it? Because it's sooooo broken.

018.png Pavise or 012.png Aegis?

Pavise. It protects you from more weapons than Aegis. (Melee weapons and their magical variants, and also Beaststones).

068.png Lifetaker or 072.png Renewal?

Hum... This is a hard decission. Well, I'll go with Renewal, because it activates ALWAYS.

Edited by Avatar

007.png Ignis or 013.png Luna?

Luna. Procs more than Ignis and does a great damage versus Generals and Valkyries. And it's not so restricted. Also, Ignis? You will consider to have both high Str and Mag because you'll need them both if attacking with tomes or melee weapons, respectively. And the only class that has those two stats balanced is Grandmaster, so... Luna for the win.

what?

they have the same activation

also Dread Fighter/Dark Flier/Bride/Dark Knight exist

Edited by shadykid

what?

they have the same activation

also Dread Fighter/Dark Flier/Bride/Dark Knight exist

I was meaning if you've both skills together, in the same set

And, yeah, but Dread Fighter is DLC and Dark Flier and Bride are girls-only. Also, Grandmaster has more balanced stats in Str and Mag than Dread Fighter/Dark Flier/Dark Knight

Edited by Avatar

Still equals out. 44 mag and 56 str? +28 to mag or +22 to str which makes either 82 attack or 78 attack respectively. 50/50 only gets you to 75 attack.

Lifetaker or Renewal... Renewal allows for escape strategies and only 20% less health. Renewal.

I was meaning if you've both skills together, in the same set

And, yeah, but Dread Fighter is DLC and Dark Flier and Bride are girls-only. Also, Grandmaster has more balanced stats in Str and Mag than Dread Fighter/Dark Flier/Dark Knight

the hell is anyone running Luna and Ignis on the same unit for

anyway, I strongly suspect the Avatar and his/her kid(s) would prefer Ignis over Luna for damage even in a pure physical or pure magical class (I can run more Apotheosis calculations, lol)

Do I need to delete my vote whenever I vote for the skill? :|

As far as I know, yeah. It's just the way the system works, I guess. Trust me, if there was a way around it without making a new thread every day I'd do it xD

Started a new thread for Round 5-10. At time of counting, the tallies end up at:

54/57, Luna

7/57 Aether

27/9 Aegis

13/15 Renewal

As far as I know, yeah. It's just the way the system works, I guess. Trust me, if there was a way around it without making a new thread every day I'd do it xD

Started a new thread for Round 5-10. At time of counting, the tallies end up at:

54/57, Luna

7/57 Aether

27/9 Aegis

13/15 Renewal

on the other hand, where's the new thread

(gogo Ignis, catch up to Luna!)

Lifetaker + Galeforce means I can kill twice and remains in combat area with almost full health,

With Renewal means I can have partial rallybot/rescue and not worry deciding whether to use starves, attack or rally.

Majority of the time, you have Sol to heal in enemy phrase, and Lifetaker is useless for tanking.

Dual guarding tanking and miracle works better with renewal also.

IMO, healing are meant for tanking, if you're attacking, you should be focus on killing and not do a half-hearted.

Moreover, Lifetaker may fail if enemy 'avoid' at the stupidly low chance.

A psychic or fortify will do the job better, Lifetaker doesn't help fortify, while renewal at least heals without any other requirement.

Why isn't 'bond' taken into comparison?